Pattaya police told to smarten up their act and be polite - especially with tourists

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Araiwah said:

If you're a criminal on the run then I think they can do whatever it takes to capture you and take you back to face the consequences of your actions. 

Yer like the Red bull heir, he killed a cop and they can't even get the paperwork right, except their bank accounts

42 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

perhaps you are paranoid from all that drug taking years ago, after complaining at your embassy  they informed the Thai police that you may be mentally unstable and should be kept under observation. 

No.....this all happened then i went to my embassy......I spoke to a thai guy Bee!......He spoke

perfect English and  he though it was best if i cut my holiday short & return home....I booked

my flight from inside the Aus embassy(it was a thursday afternoon) and got the JQ-30 jetstar 

flight that night 9.30

16 minutes ago, timendres said:

Thank you for the additional details. So, what you are saying is that Australian police followed a simple drug user to another country in an attempt to lure them into a simple "for use" drug purchase, in the hopes that they would flee that country for home. Given it is Australia, these police would either be acting on their own initiative or would require department authorization for this "operation". Including airfare, hotels, and living expenses. I am sorry, but it all sounds fantastic.

Thankyou for your thought out & measured post....yes it's more than a simple drug purchase!

And yes...they wanted me to flee..Whether it was paid for by the Police Department or by 

themselves i do not know?......i know it all sounds 'fantastic'    but it  happened.......

1 hour ago, Nasrullah said:

Well it's not so much the Thai Police that are interested in me!.....It's the Australian Police......

You see.......everyone has a past right?.....And mine has involved being a drug user.(none for 14 yrs)....

But i think the Aus police are still trying to pin something on me from my past.....I never was a 

dealer BTW.......

You took some drugs 14 years ago in Australia , and 14 years later the Aussie Police follow you to Thailand ?

32 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

Can someone explain to me why when riding a 200 cc motorcycle and wearing almost working type clothes.. why i am always stopped in road checks...??? I am obviously being targeted for some reason ..

Do you have a "large Roman nose"  and hairy  legs/arms ??   if yes then they can tell you're a foreigner so ripe for plucking :w00t:

3 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

Yeah And not do what Australian Police from Victoria ask them to do!....I was illegally followed in Pattaya  

in Nov 2015 by Australian & Thai police so much so that i went to my embassy in Bangkok to report it!....

They even entered my hotel room and placed items there to intimidate me........

Have you by any chance been driving around with your window down and your elbow stuck out the window?  There is a member on here I am sure would like to talk to you.?

I must admit that the police in Pattaya were very polite and friendly when I was stopped for the routine licence check on motorcycle riders! Same as in Chiang Mai! If you have the right documentation to start with there's no problem and no money exchanged!!!! Instead of moaning do the right thing and wear your helmet and get a Thai driving licence! Simple as that!!! ?

1 hour ago, Araiwah said:

If you're a criminal on the run then I think they can do whatever it takes to capture you and take you back to face the consequences of your actions. 

Or..Dear Nasrullah,

Thank you for posting on the internet.

Signed,

The Victorian Police.

Det Sergeants Bob,Mick and Megan send their regards..

2 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

Let's just put aside what it's all about for a moment shall we....

Are you saying or condoning that it is ok for Victorian Police in Aus  to break serious laws in order

to catch someone.....??.....ONE of the laws broken would be stalking....which carries an 8 year max

sentence.....

Be assured that the upholders of the law, anywhere in the world, from time to time use methods that are not really "kosher" or "halal".

That includes looking the other way, creating a scapegoat, papers and pictures getting lost, etc.

And what about the taxi cheats in Pattaya, Bangkok, Thailand who refuse the meter ? (yes... "yaaaawwwn !" ....but this issue needs to be tackled fast,  as it is giving a despicable image of Thailand all over the world and amongst the foreign guests of the kingdom.

You are correct Sir.......But i've not been charged with anything....As i said,this happened in nov 2015....

Your statement  and my response is what makes it illegal.....I am not on the run and they are free to 

question me anytime!

I didn't mean you personally mate, it was a generalisation. Sorry for not making that clear.

1 hour ago, milesinnz said:

Can someone explain to me why when riding a 200 cc motorcycle and wearing almost working type clothes.. why i am always stopped in road checks...??? I am obviously being targeted for some reason ..

Perhaps you are riding side saddle?

OK....I'll try and make sense of it for you.....

As i said i have a drug user past.....things happen as you can imagine in this lifestyle....The Aus cops

want me to make a drug purchase in aus so they can possibly pin other/different charges on me.

(more serious).....Before i ever even set foot in Thailand i used to frequent Aus prostitutes...

Then i started going to thailand which is no good for their cause.....as the drug purchase they seek 

has to be made in australian jurisdiction.....so what did they do?.....They boarded a plane when i 

went on holiday & followed me around pattaya trying to set me up to make a drug purchase...But 

the real reason for this was to have me charged knowing i would return to Aus before any thai court

date and be too scared to return to thailand.........

Nasrallah is an Arabic name right? - are you from the Middle East - we all know how hospitable they are to drug users AND dealers there!! Go and bump yer gums at them!!

Yeah And not do what Australian Police from Victoria ask them to do!....I was illegally followed in Pattaya  
in Nov 2015 by Australian & Thai police so much so that i went to my embassy in Bangkok to report it!....
They even entered my hotel room and placed items there to intimidate me........
And for absolutely no reason at all...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Let's just put aside what it's all about for a moment shall we....

Are you saying or condoning that it is ok for Victorian Police in Aus  to break serious laws in order
to catch someone.....??.....ONE of the laws broken would be stalking....which carries an 8 year max
sentence.....

Lets not put it aside. Why were they following you? And which embassy in Bangkok did you report this to?

Well it's not so much the Thai Police that are interested in me!.....It's the Australian Police......

You see.......everyone has a past right?.....And mine has involved being a drug user.(none for 14 yrs)....
But i think the Aus police are still trying to pin something on me from my past.....I never was a 
dealer BTW.......
Law enforcement is budget constrained like any other organization. There is no scenario in this universe or any other parallel universe where the Australian police will send an agent to Thailand to follow a simple drug user. And the emphasis is on simple.

1 hour ago, dave moir said:

I must admit that the police in Pattaya were very polite and friendly when I was stopped for the routine licence check on motorcycle riders! Same as in Chiang Mai! If you have the right documentation to start with there's no problem and no money exchanged!!!! Instead of moaning do the right thing and wear your helmet and get a Thai driving licence! Simple as that!!! ?

Simple as that is it? If everyone starts doing that, what is poor Somchai Plod going to do for his tea money?

You can bet he will still find some way to collect it.

Local police chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch told Pattaya News that the orders had reached his office and he was busy disseminating the information to his men.

It's a sad indictment that Pattaya Police Chief needs to be told to be nice to tourists ! There really is no hope.

2 hours ago, dave moir said:

Chiang Mai police still want to pluck you. Recently was invited to stop at a road block.

The copper checked my DL and road tax. Nothing wrong there and then he comes up with "you were not driving to the left (moped); 200 Baht" So this was not legal and I told him I had to change lane because of parked cars and even their road block blocking the most left lane. I refused to pay and he let me go. I now always have camera on video when I get checked.

If videoing not allowed, I still have the sound and I take his helmet number. But, I also had 'good' encounters. Nice guys even in for a chat.

Archived