Mustang to arrive in October

snoop1130

On 8/31/2018 at 10:58 PM, Denim said:

Me too.

Trouble is wife wants one as well. 

OK....money no problem but she wants a pink one !

Do they have a pink option from the dealer or will she have to pay for an 

expensive respray herself ?

Get a wrap. That way there’s some hope for resale! 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, you're comparing mass market mustang with a Shelby.  That's like comparing a black velvet painting of Elvis with a sketch by Picasso.

Your buddy did make a great deal.  He bought a one in a thousand car.  But for every one who did, there were 100 others who bought a hot car and watched its value plummet every month they held onto it and every mile they put on it.

And posting a price from a frame-off restored Vette is a hoot.  A restoration like that costs more than the car is worth.

I had a buddy in that paid $1,400 for a GT500 in ‘73...he still has it.

I thought he got screwed on it back then...

Sticker price for V8 Mustang in US is $35,000.....I just looked it up. That is a hair over 1 million Baht. 4.8 million for a Ford built car is outrageous. Anyone buying one of these poorly built vehicles needs their head examined. 

$35K is the base GT. As described, 4.8M unit would be at least $45k, more likely $50-60k.

in any event, the tax in Thailand is structured such that fine, inexpensive vehicles are available for people that can’t afford, or don’t care to spend the money for more expensive cars.

For rich people, or for car guys that have “money to burn” (whether they have it or not), heavily taxed, higher end models are made available. It’s a win for everyone.

Archived