Jump to content

Mustang to arrive in October


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

Mustang to arrive in October

By The Nation

 

79e19cf37c14f94c2946c9d15f63f54d-sld.jpeg

 

Ford Thailand confirmed the arrival of the Mustang today with the sports car set to arrive in Thai showrooms from October.

 

The company also announced official pricing and the availability of pre-orders at 19 authorised Ford dealerships. 

 

The Mustang 5.0-litre V8 GT Coupe Performance Pack is priced at Bt4,799,000 and the Mustang 2.3-liter EcoBoost Coupe Performance Pack, Bt3,599,000.

 

The car is powered by a 5.0-litre V8 engine or 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine, with a 10-speed automatic transmission, upgrades include a 12-inch LCD Digital Cluster and new front splitter for improved handling and fuel economy. 

 

The most advanced Mustang yet, it also comes equipped with Track Apps displaying performance metrics, limited-slip differential, 19-inch low-gloss ebony black-painted aluminium wheels and Brembo brakes in GT models. 

 

First unveiled in 1964 in New York, the Mustang was an instant hit with 22,000 orders placed on the first day. 

 

Now an enduring part of automotive and pop culture, the car has appeared in nearly 3,000 feature films and TV shows and has more Facebook followers than any other car in the world, Ford said.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353359

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-8-30
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful car. Is it being imported? The price is shocking. I can get the top of the line model in Canada for about $60,000 CDN but the Thai one would be about $190,000 CDN equiv. 

 

I can buy a house in Thailand for that. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:
14 hours ago, eng911 said:

... I can buy a house in Thailand for that.

But why would you?

 

For starters, the house will be going up in value.   The Mustang, not so much. 

 

Even forgetting the interest on any payments (or the opportunity cost of not investing the cash elsewhere), the cost of having that 'Stang in your driveway will run into $$$ USD thousands a month- just on depreciation. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, eng911 said:

Beautiful car. Is it being imported? The price is shocking. I can get the top of the line model in Canada for about $60,000 CDN but the Thai one would be about $190,000 CDN equiv. 

 

I can buy a house in Thailand for that. ?

Can buy a house in Canada for that

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, kotsak said:

Nice.... just 3 times more expensive compared to US ?

And either made or assembled here at a cheaper  cost.Knowing the LOS companies reputation of cheating during production in any form ,would you really trust a Pony made here ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sticker price for V8 Mustang in US is $35,000.....I just looked it up. That is a hair over 1 million Baht. 4.8 million for a Ford built car is outrageous. Anyone buying one of these poorly built vehicles needs their head examined. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Mustang 5.0-litre V8 GT Coupe Performance Pack is priced at Bt4,799,000 and the Mustang 2.3-liter EcoBoost Coupe Performance Pack, Bt3,599,000.

:clap2::cheesy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

And either made or assembled here at a cheaper  cost.Knowing the LOS companies reputation of cheating during production in any form ,would you really trust a Pony made here ?

US produced cars are poorly made, so it can only be a quality enhancement made here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Can buy a house in Canada for that

That house would look nice with a Mustang in the driveway - get both? ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

US produced cars are poorly made, so it can only be a quality enhancement made here.

You obviously haven’t owned a US car of recent years. They learned their lesson of the past and quality is unsurpassed. I know, I work at Ford’s research and Engineering center.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, impulse said:

 

For starters, the house will be going up in value.   The Mustang, not so much. 

 

Even forgetting the interest on any payments (or the opportunity cost of not investing the cash elsewhere), the cost of having that 'Stang in your driveway will run into $$$ USD thousands a month- just on depreciation. 

 

You don't know much about Classic Cars I guess, they appreciate in value . Check Ebay or Google  1967 Shelby Mustang GT . My friend bought one in 1967 for $10,000 USD it's worth about $250,000 + USD now. At 4 mil baht a new Mustang will cost about $120,000 USD here. I have already seen a few driving around in Pattaya and Bangkok. Also seen some Corvettes.

RichMustang.thumb.jpg.5c518b2f389f60197c8ef6323e50d504.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The above car is the Bullit updated from the old movie has 475 hp does about 170 MPH

This is the Shelby GT 500 Mustang, a special order has 700 HP engine does Plus 200 MPH

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, eng911 said:

Beautiful car. Is it being imported? The price is shocking. I can get the top of the line model in Canada for about $60,000 CDN but the Thai one would be about $190,000 CDN equiv. 

 

I can buy a house in Thailand for that. ?

Yes you could, but the Thai house would be nothing but crap whereas the Mustang would be a beautiful auto.   However I can't believe the Mustang 5.0-litre V8 GT Coupe Performance Pack will only be  Bt4,799,000.  Sure more expensive than the states but a motor with 5 ltr V8 in Thailand for that price ? a bargain.   Hope Ford Thailand restrict sales to expats only as Thais would/are incapable of handling a performance machine with any kind of safety.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sticker price for V8 Mustang in US is $35,000.....I just looked it up. That is a hair over 1 million Baht. 4.8 million for a Ford built car is outrageous. Anyone buying one of these poorly built vehicles needs their head examined. 

Plus the incompetent people putting it together are people of LOS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, eng911 said:

Beautiful car. Is it being imported? The price is shocking. I can get the top of the line model in Canada for about $60,000 CDN but the Thai one would be about $190,000 CDN equiv. 

 

I can buy a house in Thailand for that. ?

Except you can't buy a house in Thailand

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

You don't know much about Classic Cars I guess, they appreciate in value . Check Ebay or Google  1967 Shelby Mustang GT . My friend bought one in 1967 for $10,000 USD it's worth about $250,000 + USD now. At 4 mil baht a new Mustang will cost about $120,000 USD here. I have already seen a few driving around in Pattaya and Bangkok. Also seen some Corvettes.

 

 

Sure I do.  But waiting 51 years for a tiny chance that something will be worth what you paid for it again hardly seems like a good bet.

 

Just out of curiosity, what's an '84 Mustang worth today?  Or a '95 Camaro?  Or, for that matter an '85 Vette?

 

The vast majority of cars will never be classics.   Especially mass market cars that are the 8th generation of the ones that did become classics.

 

Edit: and if your friend had put that same $10,000 into a stock that averaged a 10% return, he'd be sitting on $1.3 million, and wouldn't have spent a dime on new tires or $8,000 paint jobs every few years.  (Before you scoff at 10%, keep in mind that period included the '70s when real inflation itself was running higher than that)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:
22 hours ago, eng911 said:

I can buy a house in Thailand for that. 

Except you can't buy a house in Thailand

 

Sure you can.  You just can't buy the land it's on.  You have to lease that, or let your Thai loved one own the land.  The house can be in your name.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

Hope Ford Thailand restrict sales to expats only as Thais would/are incapable of handling a performance machine with any kind of safety.

 

You've never been to a weekend of Thai drift racing, have you?   Those guys have crazy skills.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tompelli said:

Won't be long until you see them up trees in the central reservation. I may screenshot my comment for future "the car lost control overtaking " news.

And a whole load of brake failures to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...