Sarah Palin 'excluded from McCain funeral'

webfact

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

But I think it would be great if Sarah ran third-party in 2020. ?

You wrote a good piece right up to your closing sentence. Incoherent, squawking Palin would just be a female version of buffoon tRump. Neither one can stay on script or string a proper sentence together. Both engage mouth before brain. Both are idiots. The country could not handle another one. Besides, like tRump, she's too close to Russia; him financially, her geographically.

1 hour ago, neeray said:

You wrote a good piece right up to your closing sentence. Incoherent, squawking Palin would just be a female version of buffoon tRump. Neither one can stay on script or string a proper sentence together. Both engage mouth before brain. Both are idiots. The country could not handle another one. Besides, like tRump, she's too close to Russia; him financially, her geographically.

Pretty sure he was joking. In fact, given the smile emoji, I'm positive that was the case.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, newnative said:

Pity McCain didn't ban her from being on his ticket.  I liked McCain but he lost a lot of credibility when he chose her, or agreed to her, as his running mate.  

Yes, he went for the man-child base voters but obviously she wasn't deplorable enough for them.

2 hours ago, Credo said:

I met John McCain very briefly as I lived not far from his Sedona area ranch.   He was a fixture in the community.   

I had the opportunity to watch the Arizona funeral service, which was absolutely touching, human, warm and showed the appreciation of an entire state for McCain.  It was marked by diversity from both sides of the political aisle, it included Native Americans, Hispanics and blacks.   The music was lovely.

I started watching the DC version of the funeral, but the stiff, uncaring, contrived remarks were not for me.   This was the real version of the word fake.  Of course, after the very personal and touching Arizona funeral, DC didn't have much to offer.

McCain's former Chief of Staff, Grant Woods, did an especially terrific job of it.

• Like 1

Keep in mind the third probably most historically consequential McCain memorial service is still coming up at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.. There, G.W. Bush and Obama will be giving eulogies. Then finally the burial at the United States Naval Academy Annapolis, Maryland.

Most decent Americans recognize McCain as a great (but of course flawed) American and "trump" as a national disgrace and embarrassment. 

Respect to John McCain. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind the third probably most historically consequential McCain memorial service is still coming up at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.. There, G.W. Bush and Obama will be giving eulogies. Then finally the burial at the United States Naval Academy Annapolis, Maryland.

Most decent Americans recognize McCain as a great (but of course flawed) American and "trump" as a national disgrace and embarrassment. 

Respect to John McCain. 

How did trump get in the room? I thought the topic was Palin and McCain.

23 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

How did trump get in the room? I thought the topic was Palin and McCain.

Dude, you'd have to be in total denial to not realize that many of the details of the McCain funerals were directly designed by McCain and directly designed to make a political statement about the utter horribleness of the "trump" regime. Don't bother acting like that isn't true because nobody will take you seriously if you do. 

"trump" is a yuge topic DIRECTLY related to the McCain funeral exactly because McCain WANTED it to be.

John McCain funeral was ‘unmistakeable rebuke’ to Donald Trump

'His overall message was: ‘It doesn’t have to be this shitty’'

By the time he died on Saturday, Mr McCain had carefully stage-managed a four-day celebration of his life — but what was also an unmistakable rebuke to President Donald Trump and his agenda. For years, Mr Trump had used Twitter and the presidential bully pulpit to mock and condemn the senator from Arizona. In death, Mr McCain found a way to have the last word, even quietly making it clear through friends that Mr Trump was not welcome at the services.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/john-mccain-funeral-donald-trump-us-president-senator-dead-a8513906.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

McCain has been given the ultimate thumbs down. Now he can rightly be forgotten. The sooner the better. Palin should make a statement how she regrets signing on to a presidential ticket with a previously known loser like McCain.

Thumbs down because he died after battling brain cancer? NASTY!

On 8/31/2018 at 12:10 AM, CelticBhoy said:

You can ban someone from going to a funeral?

Seems strange. New to me anyway  . . . .  ?

I presume as there will be so many people of importance attending it will be a all ticket event.

But it is not unusual for families to request certain persons should not attend and it is not unusual for the requests to be ignored...

At least Trump knew he would not be welcome. 

On 8/31/2018 at 6:18 AM, SpokaneAl said:

I respect and admire John McCain but if this is true that he made a vindictive decision beyond the grave, I am disappointed. She shared a national campaign with him, after he chose to bring her to the national stage. Sad.

Sarah Palin proved herself to be an uninformed dreg on the McCain campaign.    And if I read correctly the decision was made by others than John McCain himself.

She is still a  very good looking woman, however.    Just pitiful after she opens her mouth and speaks.

19 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

And if I read correctly the decision was made by others than John McCain himself.

Any way you look at it , it was a bad decision. If he chose her himself it was bad,  and if he delegated the  choice, it was bad.

I have read this comment several times (not single you out watchharacters) , as if it excuses McCain.

The VP is only a heartbeat away from the presidency, Its choice a very important one , especially by a candidate as old as McCain with the health issues he had .  If indeed McCain delegated that choice, It shows IMO a very cavalier attitude toward the office, with an emphasis on winning  rather than  the good of the country. 

Suppose he won, and something happened to him.  Can you imagine a president Palin? You don't have to, look at president Trump.

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

Just now, sirineou said:

Any way you look at it , it was a bad decision. If he chose he himself it was bad,  and if he delegated the  choice, it was bad.

I have read this comment several times (not single you out watchharacters) , as if it excuses McCain.

The VP is only a heartbeat away from the presidency, Its choice a very important one , especially by a candidate as old as McCain with the health issues he had .  If indeed McCain delegated that choice, It shows IMO a very cavalier attitude toward the office, with an emphasis on winning  rather than  the good of the country. 

Suppose he won, and something happened to him.  Can you imagine a president Palin? You don't have to, look at president Trump.

No problem, sirineou,  and I still think the family made a good and appropriate  decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

No problem, sirineou,  and I still think the family made a good and appropriate  decision.

I agree, A funeral is a solemn occasion, there for the family , and in this case the country, to say goodby, and come to term with the loss of a loved one. Exclusions have to be made to keep it from becoming a political Circus. 

18 hours ago, neeray said:
23 hours ago, bendejo said:

But I think it would be great if Sarah ran third-party in 2020. ?

17 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Pretty sure he was joking. In fact, given the smile emoji, I'm positive that was the case.

Bristolboy got it, but I really would like to see it happen: if she ran 3rd party it would split the tinfoil hat vote. And she would have a platform to challenge Agent Orange with: Russia, she can see it from her house!  While she has been a laughingstock in the press for 10 years, no one ever went after her in DT's bratty schoolboy style publicly.  Great TV ratings, and in the end both lose.  What's not to love?

Actually, I'd like to see anybody on the loose-screw side of things run 3rd party.  C'mon, Alex Jones!

Edited by bendejo

If your sense of humor is elastic enough you can get a good laugh out of the insanity of the far right.

What did it for me:  when First Lady, Michelle Obama made fighting childhood obesity her pet project.  All First Ladies take up a non-partisan goodwill sort of cause.  Sarah Babblegats responded by showing up at grade schools with big trays of sugary sweets for the kids, with the message "who the hell does the First Lady think she is telling us what we can't feed our kids?"  Oh yeah, she made sure the TV cameras were there. 

Then came the thing about the fight against CFL/LED light bulbs, how can you not laugh at that?  I read something recently that Glen Beck is still holding out on the light bulb thing.

And then there was the Paul Revere thing.  It may have made you shake your head at her stupidity at first, but after a minute it can make you bust a gut laughing, which is what it did for me.

• Like 1