Phuket Immigration - 24 hour address reg. now asking for copy Chanote

8 hours ago, OJAS said:

Thai Immigration's attitude is nowhere near as bad in this regard as the UK goverment's attitude is towards us British expats IMHO. Take the passport renewal procedures introduced in 2014 requiring 2 physical trips to Bangkok plus the Life Certificate bureaucracy for State Pensioners which is currently being discussed at length on the Home Country forum as 2 examples of this.

I know how bad the UK is, but us expats are treated like criminals by the Thai government with stupid border runs and this nonsensical 90 day reporting.

• Like 1

i had the same experience just going for 90 days, never been asked for this before chanote, then when i went

back the next day as the ownership of my villa is in a thai company they wanted a copy of the DBD certificate

which i luckily had on me but according to him was more then 3 months old so he would not accept it and

I had to go get an upto date DBD certificate,

DBD is a document is the Department of Business Development and the document i presume just confirms

the company is in good standing and has made all necessary tax filings etc.

i had enough of these clowns so i gave it to my lawyers to sort out as now i was 6 days over which shouldnt

cause an issue but i just couldnt stand going back to this guy again. he made us pay a thb1,500 fine.... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Most landlords will never give all these documents to their tenants also out of fear what people can do with them..

giving all these documents to a tenant is unwise. And also landlords can not go to immigration showing these documents each time the tenants needs to go so its a very unworkable situation.

Hence reason for the POA form that specify's at the top its ONLY for

"Power of Attorney Form Notification form for where alien has stay"

Dont forget the landlord needs sign each page as well.