What is the best wine you have ever tasted?

norbertt

I remember when just about every household had one of these... back when it was still allowed to be called sherry...

57392.png 

In a previous life I was lucky enough to be able to try a lot of top shelf wine and single malts. A vertical tasting of Grange with one of the winemakers, including the '86 & '90 is one I still remember fondly. Five hundred dollars a bottle these days... ?

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

I don’t find ex-pats living in thailand to have wine in their liquid consumption..

Why would a wine and cheese buff move to thailand? Wine makes up 1% of total alcohol consumed by volume...

plenty of very good wine available in LoS

On 9/1/2018 at 4:52 AM, Damrongsak said:

Boone's Farm, Ripple, Thunderbird, Night Train, Mad Dog 20/20 - they're all about the same.  I switched over to beer when I attained legal drinking age.

About the only wine I really remember tasting was some Retsina.  It was actually good, but I like the smell of Pine sap and turpentine.  Took awhile to drink the entire bottle.

image.png.c620cb46b8b6c5ca938aa82d512f21c2.png

You forget Bali Hai.  :thumbsup:

In terms of bang-for-the-buck it was some emminently quoffable French red table wine we used to drink in Belgium.

It was called "Le Bolleaux" (sp) and came from the local cash and carry. Cost $4.50 Euros for THREE bottles. I used to take it for friends in the UK and tell them it really was the dogs <deleted> ?

• Haha 1