Provinces warned of torrential rain, possible floods

rooster59

Provinces warned of torrential rain, possible floods

flood.png

Seventeen provinces in all regions of the country have been  warned to prepare for torrential rain from today until Wednesday, which may trigger floods in few areas and exacerbate the situation in areas already inundated.

The provinces include Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Mae Hong Son, Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan, said Samroeng Saengphuwong, deputy secretary-general of Office of the National Water Resources (ONWR) in his capacity as director of the government’s temporary centre for crisis management.

Several areas have already been being affected by overflows of water from major rivers such as Pasak River in Phetchabun and Prachin Buri River in Prachin Buri, he said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/provinces-warned-of-torrential-rain-possible-floods/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-09-01

Prachinburi river overflowed its banks in places as of last Thursday, Nakorn Nayok river a few days before that, and the canals on either side of the Rangsit - Nakorn Nayok road are almost level with the road.

This water ultimately flows through northeastern Bangkok....

• Like 1

Dry in Nan city last couple of days and a few hours of sunshine yesterday. Nan River still running a little high and after having a modest 10 cm of water in the bottom level of the house two weekends ago, I'd prefer we not have another flood. (They have not finished repairing the levee bank section that failed.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

And where right now is the Chairman of the Natural Water Resources Committee and the Supremo of flood prevention? He is busy swanning around cocktail parties in Nepal trying to find anyone who is stupid enough to listen to him.

He couldn't care a rat's about flooding in his own country.

Good old cadders doing what he is best at..sniping at all and sundry related to thailand.

Yet he continues to live here despite how terrible it is supposed to be

7 hours ago, hansnl said:

If you think the former governments were different, well, dream on.

If you think the current government is into what you describe, I can assure you the former governments were much worse.

I am afraid you have a very short memory.

Also, I am rather certain the politicos in your own country are doing the same.

Remember:

Politicians become politicos for either power, money or a combination of the two.

Perhaps you should actually read what I wrote. Did I mention previous administrations were any different ?  Please just stop being a Junta apologists and as for former administrations being much worse I very much doubt you have the age to have have lived through a fraction  of them since 1932. And let me remind you the topic was about rain

• Like 1

got 2000 banana plants desperate for rain because a lizard burnt out our well water solar inverter. 

Are thais not checking weather in apps? i use 3 all the time for checking wind, rain fall, pollution etc.. mine dont say rains coming. well no substantial rain anyway. Is it pretend warnings to give people the impression the floods are natural?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Good old cadders doing what he is best at..sniping at all and sundry related to thailand.

Yet he continues to live here despite how terrible it is supposed to be

Yes I am still here living where I want to be. It is tolerable even when putting up with military junta fools and a few others not unlike yourself. Love your posts, keep up the good work! 

• Like 2