Obama, Meghan McCain rebuke absent Trump in tribute to fallen senator

rooster59

55 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Trump - 'I like people that weren't captured'

Every sane person on the planet - 'I like presidents who don't get barred from funerals'

There was no need to state that Trump wasn't welcome because he wouldn't have attended anyway. That was just about turning his funeral into a political circus. I suppose it was his funeral, so why not take one final swipe at Trump.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So Trump, a sitting president, doesn’t  get invited to a state funeral but that’s somehow McCains fault?

LOL. Yes, he made it clear that Trump wasn't welcome.

47 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So Trump, a sitting president, doesn’t  get invited to a state funeral but that’s somehow McCains fault?

So was it also Barbara Bushs fault that he wasn’t welcome at that funeral either?

Trump has dragged the presidency down to its lowest level ever with his puerile insults and gutter politics yet he is never to blame in the blinkered eyes of you Trumpers. It’s always someone else’s fault, always the “elite” out to ostracize him. 

Well expect these as the first of many “non-invites” for this man as he slowly but surely erodes America’s influence on the world stage and drags the US back decades in its world standing. 

But hey, the stock market and MAGA right?

LOL> not a Trumper, just a citizen from another country that looks at things that happen in the US more objectively, unlike people like you who are so emotionally charged you can't think straight.

From the outside, McCain is just another old politician that did what all people do when they get old - die. He's was 81and had a privileged life. Good and bad politicians die every day in other countries, without all the circus and fanfare that you folk enjoy so much.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Becker said:

I would add to that 'and isn't a moral retard'. 

I don't think he is a "moral retard". That rather suggests he recognises morals, but somehow fails to live up to them.

I think he is simply "amoral" - incapable of recognising or practising any form of morality.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tropo said:

LOL. Yes, he made it clear that Trump wasn't welcome.

LOL> not a Trumper, just a citizen from another country that looks at things that happen in the US more objectively, unlike people like you who are so emotionally charged you can't think straight.

From the outside, McCain is just another old politician that did what all people do when they get old - die. He's was 81and had a privileged life. Good and bad politicians die every day in other countries, without all the circus and fanfare that you folk enjoy so much.

Well said. Given the history between them, Trump was never going to go to the ceremony. That would just have made him even more of a target and detracted from the occasion. Shame some had to use it to attack the president, even if he wasn't there. Guess they had no qualms about spoiling the occasion. 

McCain did behave bravely and honourably during his captivity, so perhaps he deserves some special consideration at his death. Pity that he has been dishonoured by politics as usual.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, tropo said:

It's funny. There are some posters who object to non-citizens commenting on internal issues of their nation either because they have no skin in the game or because they can't possible understand. Then there are others who claim objectivity because they aren't citizens. Clearly, both points are nonsensical. In your case, we have no way of knowing how you actually feel about the issues. So cool it with the claims of objectivity. Not impressed.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well said. Given the history between them, Trump was never going to go to the ceremony. That would just have made him even more of a target and detracted from the occasion. Shame some had to use it to attack the president, even if he wasn't there. Guess they had no qualms about spoiling the occasion. 

McCain did behave bravely and honourably during his captivity, so perhaps he deserves some special consideration at his death. Pity that he has been dishonoured by politics as usual.

He has been dishonoured by politics? He made his funeral honerable with politics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

I was discussing this a singular event according to the topic of the thread. You are definitely emotionally charged about anything Trump-related. Nearly every comment you make becomes an anti-Trump rant. It must be very stressful for you.

So the way you understand events is in isolation with no reference to the past no matter how immediate? I'm guessing you don't have much use for history as a field of study.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bristolboy said:

It's funny. There are some posters who object to non-citizens commenting on internal issues of their nation either because they have no skin in the game or because they can't possible understand. Then there are others who claim objectivity because they aren't citizens. Clearly, both points are nonsensical. In your case, we have no way of knowing how you actually feel about the issues. So cool it with the claims of objectivity. Not impressed.

LOL> I made one comment that I'm a non-citizen because someone thought I was a Trumper.

Your points are nonsensical. Non-citizens don't have all the emotional baggage to carry around.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

I was discussing this a singular event according to the topic of the thread. You are definitely emotionally charged about anything Trump-related. Nearly every comment you make becomes an anti-Trump rant. It must be very stressful for you.

But the Scots tell it like it is...……………..no stress here!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3pbTmXsfiYk>

• Like 2

Just now, tropo said:

LOL> I made one comment that I'm a non-citizen because someone thought I was a Trumper.

Your points are nonsensical. Non-citizens don't have all the emotional baggage to carry around.

Really? That's an a priori fact? Sounds more like a factoid to me. And since there's no way of verifying your level of emotional involvement, or for that matter, your nationality, your claim to objectivity remains unproveable. In your analyses stick to facts that everyone can verify.

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So the way you understand events is in isolation with no reference to the past no matter how immediate? I'm guessing you don't have much use for history as a field of study.

I was discussing the funeral. Period. I'm guessing you want to start an argument over nothing.

Bye!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Really? That's an a priori fact? Sounds more like a factoid to me. And since there's no way of verifying your level of emotional involvement, or for that matter, your nationality, your claim to objectivity remains unproveable. In your analyses stick to facts that everyone can verify.

My nationality is non-US.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Thanks for the proof.

You want me to post a notarized CV? Even then you'll come up with reasons that it's bogus, but what does it matter. You're either US or Non-US as far as most US citizens are concerned.

• Like 1

I find a great arrogance in picking out who will eulugise, planning every detail, barring POTUS but I must say this was his greatest political 'show' and we can hardly question him about it now. As for the rest I think it's a circus but he had great judgement right?  we have to give him that... he picked Palin after all!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

European media reported that Trump did not attend the ceremony as McCain had stated it in his last wishes/will or whatever...so like Trump or not, don't bash him for not attending..he plainly respected the deceased's last wishes. 

RIP

The same has been reported here and bashing for his non attendance I haven't seen here.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, tropo said:

You want me to post a notarized CV? Even then you'll come up with reasons that it's bogus, but what does it matter. You're either US or Non-US as far as most US citizens are concerned.

Even if proof were possible it's irrelevant. Plenty of self-identified non-citizens make all kinds of comments heated and otherwise about other nations. Nationality is no proof of anything. And you kibd of gave the game away about your alleged objectivity when you wrote  "Good and bad politicians die every day in other countries, without all the circus and fanfare that you folk enjoy so much."

On 9/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Nyezhov said:

Mid terms mean nothing, unless the party out of power fails to flip...then it means something...

I hand it to Mr. Combover too. Even though the media screeches imprecations about him daily, he manages to still keep his support. How does he do it?

Mid-term flips mean nothing? No matter how big?

And how do you know that Trump is keeping his support?  By-elections show otherwise.