Taking Urimax (Tamsulosin) for prostate, not sure I should continue.

giddyup

24 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

I'm not sure I could stop the meds now. If I forget the night before, everything in that area becomes tight and going for a pee is a laborious process.

But I like the sound of a prostate massage...where in Bangkok can I find that ? I did see a place on Sukhumvit soi 22 advertising such a service, but I'm not their medical knowledge would be up to scratch !

I haven't tried any in Bangkok, but there are some who have websites than you easily access, including two off Sukhumvit  Rd.

Medical knowledge is not necessary other than a grounding in anatomy. My wife is a trained masseuse and knows exactly where the prostate is. ?

Experience is what really counts rather than knowledge.

Good luck.

ML

1 hour ago, britishjohn said:

I'm not sure I could stop the meds now. If I forget the night before, everything in that area becomes tight and going for a pee is a laborious process.

But I like the sound of a prostate massage...where in Bangkok can I find that ? I did see a place on Sukhumvit soi 22 advertising such a service, but I'm not their medical knowledge would be up to scratch !

Had it done a few times when the urologist was getting some prostatic fluid and of course with the DRE and found it extremely uncomfortable, even painful, but maybe that's just me!

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Medical knowledge is not necessary other than a grounding in anatomy. My wife is a trained masseuse and knows exactly where the prostate is. ?

I did say that a bit tongue in cheek. The place I saw offering this service... I doubt the focus would have been the prostate !

1 hour ago, britishjohn said:

I did say that a bit tongue in cheek. The place I saw offering this service... I doubt the focus would have been the prostate !

I understand where you're coming from. But I do suggest you read up on the topic before jumping to conclusions.

The book I recommended is VERY enlightening.

From my experience the medication gets to the point where it stops to work. Having a turp operation may be the best thing you can do. Keep in mind the operation will give you 5 to 8 years of trouble free but will grow back. As for me I had turp 4 years ago and my wife just had a baby boy this Friday. I continue to take proscar to prevent it growing back. If you need some advice I would be happy to help.

10 minutes ago, steveb6 said:

From my experience the medication gets to the point where it stops to work. Having a turp operation may be the best thing you can do. Keep in mind the operation will give you 5 to 8 years of trouble free but will grow back. As for me I had turp 4 years ago and my wife just had a baby boy this Friday. I continue to take proscar to prevent it growing back. If you need some advice I would be happy to help.

what about a new steam treatment recently approved by the NHS

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45244776