Summary of your likes and dislikes about Thailand

Brunolem

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Licensed schools with licensed instructors using specially fitted cars (double set of pedals...) and deciding when a prospective driver is ready to be released in the wild.

Wasn't necessary in UK so why here.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Westerners move here for cheap sex, low cost of living, and decent weather.  It's not complicated.

I dont think the cost of living is that low here these days. In fact many things cost a fortune here. And the weather has always been too hot and humid for my taste. That's easier to put up with than freezing temperatures, I agree.

Personally I find the people much too grasping also, but it's easy enough to stay away from them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Westerners move here for cheap sex, low cost of living, and decent weather.  It's not complicated.

Speak for yourself.  

The weather here is more or less the same as where I'm from.   The women are on average definitely better where I came from.  

Rent can be cheaper here, or the same out of pocket cost, but for much more space.  Overall cost of living is similar though once you factor in all monthly costs.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Speak for yourself.  

The weather here is more or less the same as where I'm from.   The women are on average definitely better where I came from.  

Rent can be cheaper here, or the same out of pocket cost, but for much more space.  Overall cost of living is similar though once you factor in all monthly costs.

What country would that be then?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Stupid comment.

Tell me why it is stupid. I was only replying to Brunolem who sggested we were all old, ugly and whatever. I see you didn't reprimand Seancbk who also had the same reply. I think yours is the stupid comment.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Cheap sex ok. Low cost of living you must be joking. If you eat thai crap yes low cost. I want my food not cheap. Also it was 74.9 baht to 1 pound now 41 baht to 1 pound make it even more expensive. Weather too bloody hot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Dislikes? Posters who dislike other posters asking questions about like/dislikes in Thailand.

I am always interested in reading about posters opinions in Thailand, positive or negative.

I did put a question mark in.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Tell me why it is stupid. I was only replying to Brunolem who sggested we were all old, ugly and whatever. I see you didn't reprimand Seancbk who also had the same reply. I think yours is the stupid comment.

Actually, I didn't suggest anything, but rather summed up Western women's opinions regarding Western men attracted by Thai women!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Actually, I didn't suggest anything, but rather summed up Western women's opinions regarding Western men attracted by Thai women!

OK sorry, re-read your initial post. Not very clear though. But whatever, f'''''k those jealous western women !

Non Stop Noise is the downside.

Not at my area nice and quite and only 10 mins away from shops and hospitals and all the other good stuff one like when one gets older. But you have to pay for it to get a quite safe environment

I live 5 minutes walking distance from Central Lat Phrao and the main road.
Still it is more quiet than at my occasional stay at my friends house in the Isaan village.
Anyone with same experience?
  • Like 1

Anyone who thinks the weather in Thailand is “decent”, has a few screws loose. Rain every day for 7 months isn’t what I call decent. Especially when coupled with high temperatures over 80 degrees F.
Well, in my opinion better than five months of darkness during winter in Europe.

34 minutes ago, Brunolem said:
2 hours ago, seancbk said:

Speak for yourself.  

Seems like you come from Laos...

Hong Kong. 

• Like 1