iMac problem/ warranty

PJPom

For the last three months I have been trying to get Apple to resolve the split screen and ghosting problems with my iMac.

The unit is a 21 inch late 2015 with 4K resolution and covered until October 2018 by AppleCare which was purchased in Australia .

I moved to Krabi last December and before I left Australia I made sure the warranty applied to Thailand, according to the Apple Store Manager it did, now I find that it only “sort of “ applies.

After four trips to Bangkok courtesy of Studio 7 in Krabi and having display replaced first trip and the motherboard second trip and then two more trips all I have got is a wrecked storage box and exactly the same problem.

I have had a terrific customer service agent who decided after two months that it had gone on too long and requested a replacement, the request was refused and another trip to Bangkok was required, two weeks later it was returned and in the store we tried it and the problem was still there. Again a replacement was requested and today the final answer came back that Apple are not doing any more and I should wait for the next operating system due late September and see if that solves the problem.

I raised the fact that Apple never expect you to wait this long and are the worlds best for customer care ( in Australia) and was told take it back to Australia if I want that quality of service.

My warranty expires October, if the problem continues what are my choices?

Has anyone else had similar problems? would love to hear of your experiences.

My experience with the places that are authorized service centers is they either can't or won't fix a lot of issues.  
The local place in Thailand simply said "can not".  
Upon my return to the states, I walked into an Apple store in Seattle,  the guy looked at the computer, acknowledged the problems, asked if I could leave the computer.  2 days later received a call to come pick it up.  ALL the same issues Thailand could not cope with were fixed.

Until Thailand gets a real Apple store (coming soon), the quality and level of care here is like the rest of things.

5 hours ago, PJPom said:

I raised the fact that Apple never expect you to wait this long and are the worlds best for customer care

Where did you get this from? Mostly Apple support sucks, and when looking at business Laptops it has one of the worst supports.

Agree. One repair to my Imac 28inch was OK during early warranty but took 2 weeks. And I had to bring and pick-up the big thing alone.

When out of warranty, a local place wanted 28,000b for replacement of Radeon Graphics card. The choice was to pay up.

Like many things here, they will not be bothered if they can get away with it. Apple is Apple and should enforce more.

6 hours ago, jackdd said:

Where did you get this from? Mostly Apple support sucks, and when looking at business Laptops it has one of the worst supports.

My comment came from personal experience in Australia. My Daughter is on her fifth iPhone 5 , four being replacements without fuss, and problems with my MacBook Pro fixed even though it was out of warranty.

I have been scouring through google and have found hundreds, possibly thousands of MacBooks have this problem and Apple are not acknowledging it but hoping the next operating system fixes it. It annoys me that I have been without my iMac for so long when a simple statement that it was a software problem and it would  be fixed would have probably kept me happy. I am very unhappy that my perfect storage box has now been ruined by four trips to Bangkok and is now covered in stickers and dents.

Does anyone know when the real Apple store is coming, it is long overdue.

I had a friend who cracked his UK iPhone (4 or 4s I think) in a motorbike accident and the official istore not only refused to look at it, the girl practically shoo'd us out of the store like we were disturbing her and the shop was empty ..... 

It was the most rude example of "customer service" I've ever seen in a bkk mall 

We asked a couple of people and directed to a 3rd party repair shop barely a hundred yards from the istore  where a friendly person replaced  the screen in  -20 minutes..... Amazing Thailand ??

Had some issues with the horrible France Apple support who were trying to get funny many years ago on a technical problem  with a Mac Pro.

I wrote a letter to Apple headquarters to the Attn. of the CEO (r.i.p.)...of course he maybe never read the letter, but a few weeks later I got a sweet girl on the phone calling me from Apple and the issue was solved...on site at my home !!... I loooove Apple computers and never..never will go back to PC...but one must admit, their tech support people think no end of themselves,  sometimes.....hope this helps.

Apple Corp.

One Infinite Loop

Cupertino, CA 95014

Archived