Genuine Ferrari? If so how much?

topt

It's a genuine Ferrari, a regular 458 Spider. It has a 458 Speciale Aperta style front bumper fitted which doesn't fit correctly. It's missing the Aperta Bonnet and correct sills too. The stripes are not quite correct either, although near enough to the average person.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

Most accurate kit car I've seen.....that is, if it's a kit car.

I think I'll stick to my opinion that it is a 458 Spider which has some body pieces replaced in order to look somewhat like a 458 Aperta.

I agree.  Real car with some aftermarket parts to make it look like a rarer model.

As far as i know a spider has a convertible roof, but correct me if i'm wrong. 

Such a car can drive from home to the golfclub,  but i wouldn't take it out on unknown roads  ... keeps the mileage low and the restvalue up lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodsie888 said:

It's a genuine Ferrari, a regular 458 Spider. It has a 458 Speciale Aperta style front bumper fitted which doesn't fit correctly. It's missing the Aperta Bonnet and correct sills too. The stripes are not quite correct either, although near enough to the average person.

Not a Spider as that would be a Convertible.

Here are the 458 Models 

458 Italia (2009) https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/past-models/458-italia/

458 Challenge (2010)  https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/past-models/458-challenge/

458 Spider (2011)  https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/past-models/458-spider/

458 Speciale (2013)  https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/past-models/458-speciale/

458 Speciale A (2014) https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/past-models/458-speciale-a/

19 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I assure you it is a 458 Spider.

Not wishing to sound arrogant nor discuss my business, but this is a subject I'm very familiar with on a daily basis.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, seancbk said:

If you look at the links you posted for the Spider 2011 and compare to the first picture I posted you can see that the join lines for the retractable hard top look almost identical.

1 minute ago, Woodsie888 said:

Not wishing to sound arrogant nor discuss my business, but this is a subject I'm very familiar with on a daily basis.

Woodsie888 thanks as I said I don't know enough about them. My main doubt was because it just looked so small - especially the length.  

8 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

Is the correct answer.  Agree the Asperata nose section is not a good fit  (or just hasn't been very well fitted). Wheel arch curve is clearly disjointed.

A shame to do this really - when he comes to sell it it he wont be fooling any buyers that it's a real Asperta - and if anything it's almost certainly devalued it compared to what it would make as an original Spider. By how much I wouldn't like to say - maybe 10 - 15%, which in this price bracket is no small change..

But then - his (or her) money and each to their own etc.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

Ok I'll go with your knowledge as I've not seen the car with the top off.  

8 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Well if it is genuine the owner has made enough of a balls of it to have people doubt it, just looks wrong even if it is real.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah - I was actually wondering if this is maybe a front end accident damaged car that has been rebuilt by a Thai bodyshop.

Always hard to tell with photos but I'm not even sure it's the genuine Ferrari red.... Compared to the photo of the one in the showroom for example it definitely looks a tad on the orangey side to me.

That could just be the usual problem of red fading off in constant bright sunlight - or consequence of artificial light in the showroom photo. One thing for sure even if I had Ferrari money and this one was cheap, I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Do they not do a diesel, or CNG version?

But they can convert them in Thailand.

Remember that transporter truck with all exotic cars that caught fire near korat a few years ago.

They were all converted to CNG to get lower import and registration taxes.

36 minutes ago, travelling wilbury said:

Look closer at the power plant

Yeah, could be a Toyota engine.

Seriously, anyone who buy something like this only to drive on the roads for show off, must have a very low self-esteem. Driving them on a race track would be a different matter.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1