I am almost ready to Pull the plug and leave

Ban Phe Dezza

20 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Nice speaking to you..

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess..

Are you a citizen in your own country?

Because..let's face it..the vast majority of "farangs" are not citizens..in Thailand...

IF YOU ARE NOT A CITIZEN You ARE  NOTHING.

Now more than ever, my Thai family believe they are regarded as nothing despite being born and bred in Thailand.  ????

6 hours ago, RasiMike said:

Now more than ever, my Thai family believe they are regarded as nothing despite being born and bred in Thailand.  ????

I must admit even though it's 24 years since this event took place for the Aussie Rules? Football Grand Final in Melbourne in 1994, as a forth generation Aussie It still gives me heart a flutter to watch it, the game and the singers...  Oh and by the way they didn't give the Eagles much of a plug during the warm up shots they were all about Geelong.  The Eagles did win the game....

On 10/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, David Walden said:

Most people might make these sort these comment when they turn 50 y/o They say "I don't care if I'm dead when I'm 70 y/o bla, bla, bla.". They nearly all change their minds when they reach 69 y/o.  If you lack that quality to strive to achieve self preservation. That's called insanity.  That is one of the most common terms used by investigators when people take their own lives.  I'm 76, life is a bit slower now but it's also great.  I'm getting ready for my telegram from the Queen or maybe the King of England.  Only 24 years to go.  My mum used to say "Aim for the stars and be thankful if you hit the treetops"

Your Mom was a reasonably  aware lady.  Good for you..

I have a mate who lives in Phuket, on an Aussie Age Pension. I understand he also gets about 40k baht, paid directly into his Thai bank account monthly by the Australian government (Centrelink). Every time we do video chat on WhatsApp, he’s talking about how good the lifestyle is, the fact he doesn’t spend all his pension every month, etc. he lives in a tourist class hotel with pool, pretty much 360 degree views to Chalong Bay, the mountain behind, etc. nice big studio apartment with balcony’s.  he gets a discounted rate . The hotel would cost about $30 per night if you or I were to book as tourists. 

He does have a love interest and is financially supporting her to the tune of 5k baht per month . He still doesn’t spend all his pension. 

I understand there are four Asian countries you can retire in, that is, the Australian government will pay your Age pension while you live there permanently - Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Indonesia / Bali. You might want to spend a year in Cambodia. It won’t be too far from your existing friends and I gather it is cheaper to live there. 

Cheers 

On 10/21/2018 at 1:14 PM, watcharacters said:

STOP looking at it MaTE!

SAVE yourself trouble  AND relax in your village

Nothing to look at here..

You can call me a big BS if you like.  I've put quite a lot of posts on ThaiVisa, <deleted>  There is one thing that is consistent and that is just about everything I say is part of my own personal experiences.  I believe the objective of this site is for all to gain information by sharing experiences about how to travel to and get to live in Thailand, red tape and all.  Most people who would like to think about living in Thailand when 1st starting out find it difficult to get all the information required to get the show on the road, it can be mind boggling....I think when someone said "Gods...this thread has been going on forever'  Some people can be a bit slow because in all the time I've been contributing I really did think that's is what it's all about. It will likely go on forever. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, usacb500biker said:

Gov. hospitals are CHEAP....chest x ray ,Ekg , Meds, 28 blood tests, See student DOC cost ...1500B..........another time hospital stay 13 days Lung infection  13,000B.....Not 200,000--300,000B.....I Live on 15000B, have new CBF 500 honda, condo, new swiming pool, get Drunk, 35 yr olds all night for 500B and Bank the rest.........Life is Wonderful....

35 year olds lol

Do they come with a walking stick? 

On 10/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, David Walden said:

Most people might make these sort these comment when they turn 50 y/o They say "I don't care if I'm dead when I'm 70 y/o bla, bla, bla.". They nearly all change their minds when they reach 69 y/o. 

I'm 62, and don't care if I'm dead tomorrow ............. why wait until 70?

Edited by BritManToo

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm 62, and don't care if I'm dead tomorrow ............. why wait until 70?

It has been long established that you are not of sound mind if you are as I mentioned,  quote, "If you lack that quality to strive to achieve self preservation. That's called insanity"  In almost any court in the world.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And one has to wonder why they insist that foreigners who want to live here, have an income that is two to four times that of the Thai lower class, which is the vast majority of the population. This administration is particularly surly towards ex-pats. Well done Little P. You are chasing good men away. 

I'd say the person who posted this  is easily one of the reasons Thailand wants to insure foreigners are self supporting.   Mooching or sucking off the Thai medical system is pretty low class  in my book.

"Gov. hospitals are CHEAP....chest x ray ,Ekg , Meds, 28 blood tests, See student DOC cost ...1500B..........another time hospital stay 13 days Lung infection  13,000B.....Not 200,000--300,000B.....I Live on 15000B, have new CBF 500 honda, condo, new swiming pool, get Drunk, 35 yr olds all night for 500B and Bank the rest.........Life is Wonderful...."

Before you know it he'll want to further his education by enrolling in a Thai school.    (actually that might be a good idea for him.)    ????

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I'd say the person who posted this  is easily one of the reasons Thailand wants to insure foreigners are self supporting.   Mooching or sucking off the Thai medical system is pretty low class  in my book.

"Gov. hospitals are CHEAP....chest x ray ,Ekg , Meds, 28 blood tests, See student DOC cost ...1500B..........another time hospital stay 13 days Lung infection  13,000B.....Not 200,000--300,000B.....I Live on 15000B, have new CBF 500 honda, condo, new swiming pool, get Drunk, 35 yr olds all night for 500B and Bank the rest.........Life is Wonderful...."

Before you know it he'll want to further his education by enrolling in a Thai school.    (actually that might be a good idea for him.)    ????

Every Thai wife/husband shouldnt be allowed to mooch off of our services when they go to stay in farang land . Pay nothing in shouldn’t get anything out and that includes living off your pension . 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 10:02 PM, usacb500biker said:

Gov. hospitals are CHEAP....chest x ray ,Ekg , Meds, 28 blood tests, See student DOC cost ...1500B..........another time hospital stay 13 days Lung infection  13,000B.....Not 200,000--300,000B.....I Live on 15000B, have new CBF 500 honda, condo, new swiming pool, get Drunk, 35 yr olds all night for 500B and Bank the rest.........Life is Wonderful....

Great post ! 

I guess you  must be very frugal and watch your spending.

good on you !

On 10/17/2018 at 7:02 AM, usacb500biker said:

Why don't you post a breakdown on how much each item costs each month and see if it adds up to 15,000 or not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its no problem to live on 15k if you live in a shared room , like paying 2000 baht in rent. A lot of younger people live that way , also westerners. 

So when the rent has been paid and utility bills , you still would have 12k left to live on food and clothes. And maybe pay a doctor 1000 baht now and then . But if no insurance you're in trouble. 

On 10/24/2018 at 8:38 PM, bwpage3 said:

Why don't you post a breakdown on how much each item costs each month and see if it adds up to 15,000 or not?

There are some nice new apartments around the corner from me, 2,000bht/month + utils, minimum 6 months rental.

New bed, mattress, wardrobe, table, fridge, fan, free wifi, small balcony, parking. No aircon or TV. 

Swimming pool around the corner for 40bht/swim.

Food courts in the road outside from 30bht/meal, 7-11 within 100 meters.

All you need is a bicycle or scooter to get you out and about.

No need to spend a lot of money in Thailand, I could easily live there if I didn't already have a house.

Edited by BritManToo

33 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

We'd like to see u contribute instead of pulling your pud. Can you offer some new info or opinions, bud.

Sure thing mate, but you'll have to read through the previous 54 pages to see my comments, insights and advice. Please get back to me when you're up to date...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

There are some nice new apartments around the corner from me, 2,000bht/month + utils, minimum 6 months rental.

New bed, mattress, wardrobe, table, fridge, fan, free wifi, small balcony, parking. No aircon or TV. 

No need to spend a lot of money in Thailand, I could easily live there if I didn't already have a house.

What is your definition of an apartment?

A one room flat?

And with no aircon?

Is that really living?

That must be really impressive to be an old man and invite people back to a one room flat with no air con

Must be great for entertaining.

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

A one room flat?

And with no aircon?

Is that really living?

That must be really impressive to be an old man and invite people back to a one room flat with no air con

I have a one-room flat in London, cost 600,000gbp, no aircon. Lived there the past 2 years and it was OK.

Most of my entertaining in the UK, was down the pub, or in Starbucks, or in the park (Kensington gdns)

Now back here in my 3 bed house, with my Thai kids. I have aircon in my bedroom, but don't really NEED it.

Without the kids, 1 room would be fine.

Never been one to bring people back to my home. Home is just for immediate family and lovers IMHO.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

A one room flat?

And with no aircon?

Is that really living?

is living in an air conned unit in thailand really living? i prefer warm weather and a nice big industrial fan.

used to have a neighbor that holed up in his place with air con running full time drinking red wine. last time i heard he moved to france. i don't think he ever really figured out why he was in thailand other to say he was here and try it out. kudos to him for making the move and not staying and complaining about it.

• Like 1

Nice for 2k bahahaha [emoji16][emoji108][emoji16][emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Thanks for the extended belly laugh.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:22 PM, balo said:

Its no problem to live on 15k if you live in a shared room , like paying 2000 baht in rent. A lot of younger people live that way , also westerners. 

So when the rent has been paid and utility bills , you still would have 12k left to live on food and clothes. And maybe pay a doctor 1000 baht now and then . But if no insurance you're in trouble. 

The only thing about living on Bt15 a month life would be so boring that you need to buy your condoms in bulk.  Apart from food, and sharing a small room with another person you would need these items in great quantities, what else TIT...5555.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:19 PM, BritManToo said:

As usual, solid info from BritManToo. 

There are days here where I have spent as little as 400 baht, and that includes my rent and utilities. And I had a good time doing so.

• Like 1

On October 26, 2018 at 3:19 AM, BritManToo said:

Food courts in the road outside from 30bht/meal

Wow, that's cheap

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

As usual, solid info from BritManToo. 

There are days here where I have spent as little as 400 baht, and that includes my rent and utilities. And I had a good time doing so.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

There are days here where I have spent as little as 400 baht, and that includes my rent and utilities.

Wow, that's cheap.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:19 PM, BritManToo said:

Would you care to give me details about this deal , PM me if you like . I have a friend who might need something cheap for 6 months. 

i once saw a room in pattaya i could have lived in for 2k,

on soi kopai if i remember the soi name correctly,

just after the top coming from pattaya tai to the right on a small soi.

it was 10 years ago and the building was spanky new

• Like 2

Well I owned rental condo's in Bangkok, and honestly ฿2K is going to get you nothing in any major city.
In Podunk Central my wife's cousin has some one room rentals, and they are ฿1K/month.

Sorry, and to clarify, 'Podunk' is an American expression for Back of Beyond

Edited by GinBoy2