Jomtien Immigration TM 30

Hi all,

I have read some stories recently regarding the need to fill out a TM 30 to report your address in some cases and wondered if anyone has any information specific to my circumstances?

I have an extension based on retirement and also a multi-entry permit, I own my own condo and have done for years and have used the same address on my previous annual extension renewals.

Do I now need to fill out a TM 30 to report my address when I travel back into Thailand from abroad?

thanks

scotinsiam

I was there last week. Seemed the big panic for a lot of people was the TM 30 or proving their address. If you have done it before no problem. I was asked about my address, said I had a copy in my passport, looked at that then asked if I had a drivers license which I showed him with my old Bangkok address. No problem. Seem to hand out the being a foreigner and understanding  the rules concerning overstay. Other than that it is business as usual. 

1 hour ago, pieeyed said:

Seem to hand out the being a foreigner and understanding  the rules concerning overstay.

Are you referring to these additional forms (or alternative versions on similar lines) which have increasingly become standard practice to sign at annual extension of stay time?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/form_acknow_con2stay_new.pdf

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/overstay-page-004_Page_1.pdf

On 9/5/2018 at 11:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

Have you done a TM30 form before?

There have been mixed reports for Jomtien for those on extensions based upon retirement. Some have been told it is not required every time you enter the country.

Ubonjoe - thanks for the reply, I don't think I have ever done one before unless I did one when getting the multi-entry visa part of the retirement extension - I am on my third extension based on retirement  and have constantly been in my same condo (owned in my own foreign name) - really don't want to have to do this constantly as I travel around a lot which is the reason I got the multi-entry.

6 minutes ago, scotinsiam said:

Ubonjoe - thanks for the reply, I don't think I have ever done one before unless I did one when getting the multi-entry visa part of the retirement extension - I am on my third extension based on retirement  and have constantly been in my same condo (owned in my own foreign name) - really don't want to have to do this constantly as I travel around a lot which is the reason I got the multi-entry.

I think you would remembering doing a TM30 form if you had done it. Here is the form: TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence

If you have done extension and re-entry permit applications within the past year I would guess you will not be asked to do one now.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you would remembering doing a TM30 form if you had done it. Here is the form: TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence

If you have done extension and re-entry permit applications within the past year I would guess you will not be asked to do one now.

Thank you Ubonjoe - I did the renewals in March of this year so hopefully won't need to do this everytime I go on holiday

OP, I was at Jomtien immigration earlier in the week, switching from a retire extension to a marriage extension, like you I own condo, multiple extensions, re-entry permits etc, never been asked for a TM30.

Of course, during the change of extension, Where is your TM30 ? I just said that I did a TM30 3 years ago when I moved into my condo, before they were asking for them, not entirely a lie as I did fill one in 3 years ago, they looked at me like I had 3 heads and gave it back, back then not required, fast forward to this week and they did me a TM30 no charge. Pointing out that when I did/tried to do a TM30, counter 10 was the photocopy room, there was no TM30 counter, maybe helped.

Long story short, When I got TM30 receipt earlier in the week, I asked the direct question to the 2 girls at the TM30 counter, "If I leave Thailand and come back, Do I need to do another TM30"?, In sync, one girl said Yes and the other said No, they then looked at each other, then in sync again reversed their answers. 

Amongst much laughter, the consensus, given to my wife in Thai, was not important, maybe, yes, no. Then they called the next cue number.

At the end of the day, it appears business as usual (long extensions, re-entry permit, 90day etc) with Jomtien immigration and they wont ask for a TM30, extraordinary business with Jomtien immigration (change of status etc) and they will ask for it. The focus does appear to be on visa exempt/tourist extensions.

I arrived on my last METV and was told I had to report to Jomtien. I reported then went to Koh Kood. I returned to Pattaya and went to immigration. They fined 2 people in front of me then I told the girl I had told the police on the island I was there and they weren't interested. She accepted my form. Next time I went to Koh Kood,came back to Pattaya and didn't report. I went to Australia to get a new visa and returned to Pattaya and reported yesterday. No questions asked. It seems until they can create a computer database all they are doing is collecting piles of paper. With the number of people in the office ( yesterday they had 3 girls collecting forms)they must have so many pieces of paper that to go through them to check up on you must be impossible. It just seems another crazy idea to collect paper and pretend they are keeping check on people. I believe you can just tell them anything and as long as you dont say you have been in Pattaya for more than 24 hours you are ok.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1