Elon Musk 'to be sued in Thailand, London and US’ by cave diver he called 'paedo' in baseless remark

webfact

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

and what would this inside info achieve ---  Unsworth being arrested, charged and found guilty of some inferred  previously unknown offence that has been levelled at him in anger.  

Maybe Verns GF really is 12 and not 40 , as she claims to be ?

Maybe the woman who claims to be Verns GF is actually his Wifes Grandmother ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Maybe Verns GF really is 12 and not 40 , as she claims to be ?

Maybe the woman who claims to be Verns GF is actually his Wifes Grandmother ?

That may well be the extent of it, but Grandmother must have started early. 

56 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Especially if Musky has some inside info'!!

Regardless if such info actually exist or not it can easily be created especially when and if a considerable amount of money ending up in wrong hands - with other words it may not be that straightforward how the majority seems to think - the damage could develope to be a lot wider and hit harder than anyone in their wildest fantasy could predict (Vernon included) and unfortunately its very common in cases similar to this that the weakest part ending  up as the loosing part - hopefully this time the exception will kick in, but I have my doubts.... 

On 9/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, colinneil said:

Nonsense, my own daughter called me that when i told her i was marrying a lady 20 years younger than me.

Did i care, no i didnt it is just words, words cannot hurt you unless you are a 21st century snowflake who gets offended just by a few words.

When your daughter said that, were there also a few million people listening?

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, colinneil said:

Nonsense, my own daughter called me that when i told her i was marrying a lady 20 years younger than me.

Did i care, no i didnt it is just words, words cannot hurt you unless you are a 21st century snowflake who gets offended just by a few words.

were you 32 years old at that point ? - for the record my wife is more than 20 years younger than my self , aren't we lucky buggers.

Edited by Artisi

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Regardless if such info actually exist or not it can easily be created

With something so much in the public arena I doubt it could be easily created at all. Musk's accusations so far have been wildly inaccurate stereotypes (lived in Pattaya when he's 

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Regardless if such info actually exist or not it can easily be created

I doubt it could be easily created now the case is so much in the public arena. Even if something was unearthed it wouldn't be plausible given the circumstances. Unsworth insulted Musk on CNN in a way that caused him to lose his rag, but it was very obviously an immediate and angry reaction. Unsworth was pretty much a stranger to Musk, so there's no way he'd have knowledge about him or time to research anything before making the comment. His subsequent rants have involved wildly inaccurate claims such as the 12 year old bride and the fact that he used to live in Pattaya when he's never been there. Any evidence that was unearthed in these circumstances would be about as believable now as the earlier story that was circulating that the boys had been kidnapped by drug lords who used the cave as a tunnel for smuggling. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I doubt it could be easily created now the case is so much in the public arena. Even if something was unearthed it wouldn't be plausible given the circumstances. Unsworth insulted Musk on CNN in a way that caused him to lose his rag, but it was very obviously an immediate and angry reaction. Unsworth was pretty much a stranger to Musk, so there's no way he'd have knowledge about him or time to research anything before making the comment. His subsequent rants have involved wildly inaccurate claims such as the 12 year old bride and the fact that he used to live in Pattaya when he's never been there. Any evidence that was unearthed in these circumstances would be about as believable now as the earlier story that was circulating that the boys had been kidnapped by drug lords who used the cave as a tunnel for smuggling. 

Its only Unsworth himself who knows if he ever have been in Pattaya if we ignore all the Pattaya bars he has visitted and all the Pattaya female Caves he has explored….

Do not underestimate the Power of Money, it can create stories so waterproof that even you could have believed you have been married to Your own mother and in this way became Your own father….:shock1:

Money has changed the history before and can easily do it again….

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Its only Unsworth himself who knows if he ever have been in Pattaya if we ignore all the Pattaya bars he has visitted and all the Pattaya female Caves he has explored….

Do not underestimate the Power of Money, it can create stories so waterproof that even you could have believed you have been married to Your own mother and in this way became Your own father….:shock1:

Money has changed the history before and can easily do it again….

The problem is the timeline involved in the trading of insults. It's almost like two strangers getting in a pub argument and in a flash of anger one calling the other a pedo. In such circumstances the chances of it being true are practically zero. Unsworth would have no reason to deny having visited Pattaya or enjoying the bars there if he had done so anyway, countless people do that, and if it was true I don't think he'd be stupid enough to deny it publicly when it could easily be proved otherwise. Not sure if you saw my earlier post attaching an article mentioning how Musk has been taking heat for being a quasi-pedo himself (his gf is ten years younger than Unsworth's), the twitter comments have not been flattering to him in the past month, so he may well have an axe to grind on this particular subject. 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

The problem is the timeline involved in the trading of insults. It's almost like two strangers getting in a pub argument and in a flash of anger one calling the other a pedo. In such circumstances the chances of it being true are practically zero. Unsworth would have no reason to deny having visited Pattaya or enjoying the bars there if he had done so anyway, countless people do that, and if it was true I don't think he'd be stupid enough to deny it publicly when it could easily be proved otherwise. Not sure if you saw my earlier post attaching an article mentioning how Musk has been taking heat for being a quasi-pedo himself (his gf is ten years younger than Unsworth's), the twitter comments have not been flattering to him in the past month, so he may well have an axe to grind on this particular subject. 

Well,

you seems to have choosen to have no doubts about what Unsworth have stated and you doubt everything what Musk has stated….

Unsworth, if never visitted Pattaya during a half life time living more or less permanent in Thailand would be among the very few expats (if anyone) so it can be true, BUT the probalility is very low and about his stupidity you should already have been convinsed through his intelectual statement "he can stick his sub marine were it hurts"....

That Musks gf is 10 yrs younger than Unsworth's gf doesnt tell the truth alone and when we add the fact that Musk is around 20yrs younger than Unsworth this statement fell apart....

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

Unsworth, if never visitted Pattaya during a half life time living more or less permanent in Thailand would be among the very few expats (if anyone) so it can be true, BUT the probalility is very low and about his stupidity you should already have been convinsed through his intelectual statement "he can stick his sub marine were it hurts"....

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant, but why deny something that would be so easy to prove and could backfire against him? If he'd been there, I can't think why he'd go to the trouble of denying it. Pattaya might be a lascivious place but it's certainly not a magnet for kiddy fiddlers - given the bad name this gives the rest of the bar scene it's considered bad news all round and something the whole industry is careful to avoid. If someone went to Pattaya looking for that, they'd probably have some trouble finding it.

I agree Unsworth's statement was stupid, but in common English-speak his put down was pretty normal, if unclassy. My guess is that there had already been a considerable amount of backbiting at the cave site about Musk showing up and hawking his sub, so when Unsworth commented officially that it was just a PR stunt, this was likely the opinion of several people at the site who'd been saying the same thing amongst themselves in previous days. When he was pressed further and commented that Musk could stick the sub where it hurts, this was also the type of comment that could occur around the coffee machine or water cooler in any office. It's pretty normal to speak like that during private tittle tattle, but hugely unsuitable in an interview with an international news network. I'd bet Unsworth (like most people) has virtually zero experience of being interviewed on camera in circumstances like these, and a seasoned CNN journalist would find it very easy to goad him into saying something a bit newsworthy and contentious when it concerns a famous person, in one of the most important news events of the moment. If Unsworth was guilty of anything, it was of being unskilled in how to deal with international media, they had him wrapped around their finger. 

On 9/6/2018 at 1:03 AM, keith101 said:

Me thinks he protests too muuuch and trying to sue him in 3 different countries is ridiculous . The US is the best option not only because thats where Musk lives but if found guilty the payout would be enormous .

Only problem with the us is it will be a none starter cause in the us you have freedome of speach and you can call him a fag,gueer,rapist,peedo anything you like and it wont go to court.

I think this guy has been in thailand too long. 

Time for a reality check

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2018 at 2:45 PM, transam said:

So you know about the cave restrictions regarding a sub..? 

Those who actually surveyed and came to a conclusion, that worked, considered the time scale available regarding imminent flooding and didn't fluff around with something that might fail.....

I agree that they couldn't use it because of the time scale. But that doesn't change the issue that Verns remarks were deplorable and uncalled for. Personally I would have used oxygen instead of compressed air. They could then use smaller tanks and a fullface rebreather.

42 minutes ago, gamini said:

I agree that they couldn't use it because of the time scale. But that doesn't change the issue that Verns remarks were deplorable and uncalled for. Personally I would have used oxygen instead of compressed air. They could then use smaller tanks and a fullface rebreather.

Unsworth was guilty of no more than office gossip really. I bet several of the cave experts on site were talking about the mini sub in the same way, and Unsworth had more experience of the cave interior than anyone else there so he was well qualified to give an informed opinion. The way he spoke was unfortunate, but still very normal in private off the record conversation, obviously though it was highly unsuitable and undiplomatic in a high level media interview. I suspect CNN exploited his ignorance of how to behave on camera - they probably did a pre interview and thought wow, this'll make a few headlines, and encouraged him to repeat what he'd just said, exactly how he said it. Could easily happen when someone has no experience in how to deal with the media.

What's baffling though is Musk's insane Twitter reply and follow ups, given that he has years of experience in being a high profile media figure, and has done oodles of interviews. Imagine the difference if he'd made a measured response, claiming he was disappointed at Unsworth's comments and that his actions in creating the mini sub were a sincere effort to be of help in a situation that had touched people deeply the world over. Unsworth can be excused, but Musk really should have known better. 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Only problem with the us is it will be a none starter cause in the us you have freedome of speach and you can call him a fag,gueer,rapist,peedo anything you like and it wont go to court.

How encouraging that we have someone on this forum who is better informed about US laws than an experienced US lawyer

This is what is going to happen in the States

Unsworth files a complaint that Musk called him a pedo. Musk will deny, saying truth is a defense and that Unsworth is in fact a pedo. That is his only defense.

Unsworth will move for judgement before trial, in that there are no triable issues of fact. Obviously, it cannot be denied that Musk did publish that. At that time, unless Musk can provide SWORN evidence, not allegations, but SWORN evidence that Unswrth is a Pedo, the court will grant judgement to Unsworth and refer the issue of damages for trial.

If Musk does produce such sworn evidence and the case is sent for trial, then it is Musks burden to prove Unsworth is a pedo by preponderance of evidence. 

In this case, Unsworth need to prove nothing as Musks statements are automatically libel/slander. All he need to do is prove that Musk made the statements.

If I was representing Musk, Id grab a cheque, meet with Unsworths lawyers with cheque and NDA and ask how much to fill out on the cheque.

If I was Unsworths lawyer, I would be calculating the potential legal fees for Musk and asking for that plus.

Gonna cost him a million plus.

Edited by Nyezhov
wrong legal standard

34 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Whats Unsworths means of support here.?.Hope hes financially viable ,or US Legals will eat him alive.

Think I read he was a retired financial advisor. Probably UK state and  private pension. I doubt there'd be any question of him financing his own lawsuit, most people in the UK would never consider taking such a risk. I can't see any other plausible scenario other than that the law firms who have approached him see this as a winnable case and have contacted him offering represention on a contingency basis. 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Like 1

Vernon probably won't need to go far. Just sue in one jurisdiction, US is easiest and then go for a settlement out of court such as a million dollars and hopefully done in a few weeks. No need for protracted litigation. I suspect it will go this way anyway. Million dollars is nothing to Musk

RE - Elon Musk 'to be sued in Thailand, London and US’ by cave diver he called 'paedo' in baseless remark

By webfact, September 6 in Thailand News

Not much fact here….

Vernon has never been a Cave diver as he dont dive...

He is a caver meaning a person who explore Caves....

We should expect that media by now have understood the difference and stop giving him credit for something far beyound creating a list With the names of the real Cave divers in addition to ridicule Musk, what he stands for and his team by the statement "he can stick the sub marine were it hurts"….

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

RE - Elon Musk 'to be sued in Thailand, London and US’ by cave diver he called 'paedo' in baseless remark

By webfact, September 6 in Thailand News

Not much fact here….

Vernon has never been a Cave diver as he dont dive...

He is a caver meaning a person who explore Caves....

We should expect that media by now have understood the difference and stop giving him credit for something far beyound creating a list With the names of the real Cave divers in addition to ridicule Musk, what he stands for and his team by the statement "he can stick the sub marine were it hurts"….

But The Sun said he was a cave diver so he must be! But joking apart - does it really matter? I think we know where you're coming from by now!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 11:07 PM, gamini said:

"Personally I would have................ etc etc"

So you would have done a better job than all the experts put together for the task?

visualize musk in a darkened bar in the corner in the rear in a black vinyl booth with studded trim in a dirty black tee shirt watching ladyboys gyrate on stage smoky red electric light buzzing him viciously stroking eyes red like an animal stroking viciously until the neon dawn...

Edited by Dick Crank
  • Confused 1

On September 12, 2018 at 11:34 PM, balo said:

I hope he goes all the way , he will win this case for sure.

As long as he never have fiddled with kids and Musk knows something we don't. 

Your forgetting that the man who can afford the best lawyer wins, not who is right legally. Musk wins.