Prayut warns against vote-buying in next general election

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

More the power of the people who will decide that they had enough of the junta. They will gladly take the junta’s tax payer money and have a good laugh. 

I'd like a big publicity 'blitz' to advise people that if they are given money to vote for someone..... Then keep the money and VOTE JUST THE OPPOSITE.......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind , but as This is Thailand , nothing surprises me anymore, just a little sad that a wonderful people get let down daily by the Authorities and they accept it..!!

100% Agreed.........

Beautiful country....

Lovable people.....

Stinking/Rotten/SELFISH 'Upper class' and gov't.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so the *parliament on tour* a couple of weeks ago and promising , the visited provinces the earth, was not vote buying votes then, ?? of course not. ha ha, while other parties cannot  have meetings, as gatherings are banned, cannot canvass --  suppression ,, i would call it .well we can all see what will happen, the winning party will install him as the PM, so in fact all this this election stuff is a is a total charade,

Edited by mercman24
  • Like 1

This is bold and brazen, even by Prayut's standards: he actually makes his audience promise  - yes, promise - that they will not vote for Pheua Thai next time (that is what his verbiage here really means).

Also, he clearly knows he is going to 'win' (in a fake and rigged election), as he indicates that he foresees the street protests that will come after his 'victory' is declared. How much more evidence do people need before they see that the verdict and outcome of the 'election' is already decided! If people still believe this is going to be a decent, honourable and fair election - well, they must have still been incubating naively and innocently in the womb even YESTERDAY (they have not advanced to the point of actually being born into this real junta-ista Thai world yet)!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eligius said:

This is bold and brazen, even by Prayut's standards: he actually makes his audience promise  - yes, promise - that they will not vote for Pheua Thai next time (that is what his verbiage here really means).

Also, he clearly knows he is going to 'win' (in a fake and rigged election), as he indicates that he foresees the street protests that will come after his 'victory' is declared. How much more evidence do people need before they see that the verdict and outcome of the 'election' is already decided! If people still believe this is going to be a decent, honourable and fair election - well, they must have still been incubating naively and innocently in the womb even YESTERDAY (they have not advanced to the point of actually being born into this real junta-ista Thai world yet)!

The election is not fair.. Prayut used a lot of cash... He has more time to campaign.. so not a fair vote.. but unlike you i don't think the election itself will be rigged.. 

As for street protest.. that is the norm here always.. I dont see that as an indication the election will be rigged.. just normal practice (to protest) as the losers no matter who they are never accept it. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Have you always utter stupid derogatory comments that you can not substantiate  or have you needed to work on it ?

I don't know though, in the last village where I lived, people used to take the money, say "Kawpkun krap" and then vote whichever way they always vote. I honestly can't see a local voting for the money-giver, unless they are forced to the polling booth at the point of a gun. Now there's a thought Uncle Tu......

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, robblok said:

The election is not fair.. Prayut used a lot of cash... He has more time to campaign.. so not a fair vote.. but unlike you i don't think the election itself will be rigged.. 

As for street protest.. that is the norm here always.. I dont see that as an indication the election will be rigged.. just normal practice (to protest) as the losers no matter who they are never accept it. 

Prayut is talking about protests against HIS clique - the 1%. He does not give a damn - in fact he would welcome it - if there are once again mass Yellow protests in the streets of BKK against a possible (but actually impossible now) Pheau Thai government.

When Prayut says 'don't go into the streets to protest' - he is thinking of the HUGE Red Shirt protests in Bangkok in 2010 (which his gang put down - VIOLENTLY).

Junta-supporting protests = fine,no problem. Anti-junta protests = NO WAY!

Edited by Eligius

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Now there's a thought Uncle Tu......

Don’t ever give him any idea mate. He may station troops at all polling stations on the pretext of security while their real motives are intimidation and covering all attempts at rigging. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Coming from the master vote buyer himself with his bags of Thai Niyom money. There are no votes left to buy; he has purchased them all with taxpayer money on his journeys through the Provinces. 

Shhhhh.  No one is suppose to notice.

PTB's Image of Informed Thai Voters
Wellington-heads-in-sand-close-up1.jpg.cbcce3dbd44170ca14eb251171eed9cd.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Coming from the master vote buyer himself with his bags of Thai Niyom money. There are no votes left to buy; he has purchased them all with taxpayer money on his journeys through the Provinces. 

and did anyone notice the remark, "this reign"? 

2 hours ago, cookieqw said:

I might be at odds here,  but all along this guy has said their Has to be change, and i sincerely believe that is what he’s trying to get.

the problem I have is, I don’t think the people WANT to change.

probably get lambasted for this

Yes, you're right . . . Prayuth has always said that there must be CHANGE, change away from PTP, his despised enemy that is inclined to spend elite money on welfare schemes for the poor. That's Prayuth - the selfish elitist who will do WHATEVER he can to prevent another 2012, when, for many, the PTP could walk on water.

As for the people, again you're right . . . they don't want to CHANGE from something, even as ugly as a military junta, if it might mean a return to 2014 . . . or 2006 or any of the other dozen coups that they wish they could wipe from their memories.

If the people thought, for a moment, that their vote might lead to stable, committed and industrious government, they would want CHANGE, I'm sure. And you didn't get lambasted after all.

• Like 1