My positive experience with Thai Elite Visa

From experience of staying in Thailand for several years, I have learned never to take on anything long term as they can move the goal posts and change the rules at any time. Nothing here is guaranteed, and prefer to pay as I go rather than pay for anything long term upfront, even if paying over a period costs me more and also taking into consideration that as foreigners, we have no civil rights and no comes backs in Thailand.

I too can easily afford a Thai Elite visa, but like to play it safe, prefer the money in my hands under my control.

4 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

From experience of staying in Thailand for several years, I have learned never to take on anything long term as they can move the goal posts and change the rules at any time. Nothing here is guaranteed, and prefer to pay as I go rather than pay for anything long term upfront, even if paying over a period costs me more and also taking into consideration that as foreigners, we have no civil rights and no comes backs in Thailand.

I too can easily afford a Thai Elite visa, but like to play it safe, prefer the money in my hands under my control.

A fair point. But, how much did your car depreciate this year?

On 9/10/2018 at 6:49 PM, garyk said:
On 9/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, richard_smith237 said:

How can you abandon a Visa?... 

The only way I could see this as being possible is that someone purchases the T.E. Visa for their first entry and never returns to Thailand.... 10-1 you didn't really think your comment though. 

In other words you don't have a clue!

6000 x 30,000 US dollars is 180,000,000. Immigration is laughing all the way to the bank. 

OK... so I don't have a clue.... Please help me understand your point. 

You bet 10-1 that 100's of people bought this service and then abandoned the Visa.... How do you abandon a Visa?... 

US$180 million from 6000 Thai Elite Memberships (lets assume your numbers are good for the sake of hypothesis), a percentage of which goes to Immigration - Yes... a good earner... 

But whats your point?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

For the paranoid there's the 5 year option for 500k Baht, they insert a 5 year visa into your passport when you join, once you have the visa you're good.

There's no need to ever speak to them again unless you lose your passport.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

For the paranoid there's the 5 year option for 500k Baht, they insert a 5 year visa into your passport when you join, once you have the visa you're good.

There's no need to ever speak to them again unless you lose your passport.

That`s 100000 baht per year, instead of 1900 baht per year for applying annually. That`s almost 53 times the going yearly rate.

Are you seriously recommending this?

Edited by cyberfarang

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Well it works out just fine for me, then again I'm under 50 and this is the only real option without doing things I don't want to do.

I don't want to do anything, literally nothing. I'm not getting married, I'm definitely not going to be getting a job and I'm not starting a company which are the main other options for visas if you're under the age of 50.

I pretty much assumed you're also of a similar age and were considering this visa instead of just trolling about the price.

You say; "I don't want to do anything, literally nothing. I'm not getting married, I'm definitely not going to be getting a job and I'm not starting a company which are the main other options for visas if you're under the age of 50".

You have 500000 baht for a visa, not working, so you claim, then how do you intend to support yourself in Thailand for the duration of a 5 year visa? Without cash flow the visa is useless.

Edited by cyberfarang

18 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

You say; "I don't want to do anything, literally nothing. I'm not getting married, I'm definitely not going to be getting a job and I'm not starting a company which are the main other options for visas if you're under the age of 50".

You have 500000 baht for a visa, not working, so you claim, then how do you intend to support yourself in Thailand for the duration of a 5 year visa? Without cash flow the visa is useless.

But according to Siam Legal, you dont qualify anyway:

Qualifications

• Application is open to these nationalities: Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada and United States. 
  • Applicant must be 50 years of age or over
  • Must meet ONE of the financial requirements
    • Security deposit of 3 million Baht in a Thai Bank Account for 12 months prior to the visa application.
    • Combination of Monthly income or pension of at least THB 100,000. An affidavit from the foreign embassy or consulate has to be obtained as proof of the income. And security deposit in a Thai bank not less than THB 1.8 million for at least 12 months prior to the visa application.
  • Other documents that may be required to be presented:
    • Health Insurance
    • Police Clearance
    • Medical Certificate

That's not for the TE visa, you're looking at the requirements for something quite different (the new 10 year retirement visa) in the above post.

I'm very familiar with all of the applicable visa options for me. I exceed any requirements and have one of the most comprehensive insurance policies available, this alone costs more than the visa on a yearly basis. For the TE there are hardly any requirements anyway.

I'm not starting a company, getting a job, etc in Thailand because I have a very reasonable income source and a significant investment outside of Thailand already.

I've already got this visa, I've had it for the last 4 years, when I'm discussing this now it's with a view to renewing it on expiry...because it's just that good ?

I went with the 500k 5 year version last time but I'm thinking about the 20 year one next time around because it's 4 times the visa for only double the price.

Edited by ukrules

No imagination. Some people are already minted. Some people aren’t 50 yet but like Thailand, possibly own condos or have homes.

They make more money working outside of Thailand and fly in once or more times a month.

Working here they would get a fraction they earn abroad and a Thai wife is just a ball and chain.

The visa is useful as it isn’t any fun being denied entry at Swampy after a 3-6 week work block and a long flight for “coming too many times”.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ukrules said:

That's not for the TE visa, you're looking at the requirements for something quite different (the new 10 year retirement visa) in the above post.

I'm very familiar with all of the applicable visa options for me. I exceed any requirements and have one of the most comprehensive insurance policies available, this alone costs more than the visa on a yearly basis. For the TE there are hardly any requirements anyway.

I'm not starting a company, getting a job, etc in Thailand because I have a very reasonable income source and a significant investment outside of Thailand already.

I've already got this visa, I've had it for the last 4 years, when I'm discussing this now it's with a view to renewing it on expiry...because it's just that good ?

I went with the 500k 5 year version last time but I'm thinking about the 20 year one next time around because it's 4 times the visa for only double the price.

I realised that you are under 50, saw my error and edited my post, but too late.

Understanding you are under 50, is probably your best option for those that can afford it. I am over 50 and could afford an Elite visa, but in my case cannot see any benefits. As I said, prefer to pay as I go.

• Like 1