Holidaymaker's warning after drink-spiking precedes abduction attempt in Phuket

rooster59

Holidaymaker's warning after drink-spiking precedes abduction attempt in Phuket

By: Chris Reed

4AYAU72WZBC6VEQX5EYRLQ3OIE.jpg

This woman believes her drink was spiked in Thailand. Photo / Doug Sherring

Her holiday night from hell started with a quiet family drink and ended with a day-long blackout after an attempted abduction.

Now an Auckland professional is warning Kiwis visiting Thailand to keep their guard up — even in the resort hotspot of Phuket.

The HR manager was rescued from a taxi after being lured away from her fiancé by a suspicious Russian.

Out cold at the time, she's adamant her drink was spiked and believes human trafficking was a possible motive.

Full story: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=12119587

NZ Herald: 2018-09-09

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Out cold at the time, she's adamant her drink was spiked and believes human trafficking was a possible motive.

Not entirely sure a Thai would choose a black woman to abduct for 'human trafficking'.

The usual choice is white girls with blonde hair.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is a possibility that she did report it and we are only 'hearing' about it now... 

Its very possible she reported it in Thailand and the police just sent her on her way as 'nothing happened in the end'... After reading so much news of general police inaction when reporting crime can imagine this happening although my comments are only speculation. 

It's also possible she reported this in NZ a few years ago, but there was nothing she or the NZ Police without jurisdiction could do.

In light of recent publicity, its possible a news paper got hold of her story and as you said, followed the publicity trail. 

Thus: I don't think the timing of this media report being 2 years after the event brings her credibility into question as there may be other factors at play. 

"Its very possible she reported it in Thailand and the police just sent her on her way as 'nothing happened in the end'..."

Very, unlikely.  If that was the case why would she not have mentioned it?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

suspicious Russian? How exactly did he lure her away,free g string or something?

My thoughts exactly.  Lured away by a Russian and rescued by the boyfriend.  The word melodrama comes to mind here, or perhaps hollywood.

It's the going for a few drinks, not more than you would on a working holiday night, and then having 5 hours where you end with a somehow sob

er "what happened" event, and you are told, or not what happened. Get's scary then a few days later when you still can't recall anything.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Crossy said:

I'm sure Big Joke will be along shortly to find no evidence and label this as fake news.

One does have to ask, why wait nearly 2 years before going public with this?

Because it was a Russian not Thai!!! Deflect current news and blame pesky foreigners!!

I’m not passing judgement on the lass but how do you get lured away from your fiancé. What was he doing at the time? Was his drink spiked too? Was he out of the area on some urgent business he suddenly needed to attend too. His back story on the day in question may shed more credibility to her story or cast doubt. If I was at a bar and some Russian bloke started chatting up my fiancé I would be rather hostile and on full alert!