Five people found dead in Australian city of Perth - police

webfact

Five people found dead in Australian city of Perth - police

By Alison Bevege

2018-09-09T120328Z_1_LYNXNPEE880DU_RTROPTP_4_AUSTRALIA-MURDER.JPG

A police officer stands outside a property where five people were found dead in a suburb of Perth,Australia, September 9, 2018. AAP/Richard Wainwright/via REUTERS

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian police found up to five dead people including a woman and children on Sunday in a suburb of the western city of Perth, a senior officer said.

"This is early and we've not yet fully examined the scene. We understand that there are adults and children involved," Western Australia Police Assistant Commissioner Paul Steel told a news conference.

Steel said up to five bodies had been found at the scene when police arrived at noon. Investigators were still there.

"I can say there was at least one woman but I can't say more than that I'm afraid. The scene has not yet been forensically examined so the exact number of adults and children is actually unknown to me," Steel said.

He did not say how the people were killed or if any weapons were found.

A man in his 20s was helping police with their inquiries, he said, adding there was no danger to the public.

Violent crime with multiple victims is rare in Australia but this was the second major incident in WesternAustralia this year.

Seven people were shot and killed in the state in May.

Gun crime in Australia fell sharply after strict controls were introduced in response to a mass shooting in 1996, when a lone gunman killed 35 people in Tasmania.

(Reporting by Alison Bevege; Editing by Robert Birsel)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-09-10

Report in West Australian said it was 2 year old twins, 3 year old girl, mum and Grandma. A 20 year old man reported it to police up north.  Perth isn't always the beautiful city in the photos. Have a lot of crime here, but its rarely a problem for normal people. Perth has the highest meth use in the world so theft and robbery is increasing. However I still feel very safe here where we live.  Will leave to go to Thailand in about 2 years. Wonder what will await us then !

Now confirmed the father of the children has been charged with all the murders. Police claim he killed the children and his wife, then waited in the house for a few days for Grandma to arrive, then also murdered her. All killed by knife / blunt force - horrific. So far this year in WA there have been 24 domestic abuse murders, with 19 victims being women and children.

Edited by simple1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:25 AM, jaiyen said:

Report in West Australian said it was 2 year old twins, 3 year old girl, mum and Grandma. A 20 year old man reported it to police up north.  Perth isn't always the beautiful city in the photos. Have a lot of crime here, but its rarely a problem for normal people. Perth has the highest meth use in the world so theft and robbery is increasing. However I still feel very safe here where we live.  Will leave to go to Thailand in about 2 years. Wonder what will await us then !

Definitely more  meth (yaba) and ice in Thailand. Think carefully before moving up here. I  have always lived and worked in Bangkok.  Noisy and dirty but safe. Paradise in Thailand can turn into a nightmare very quickly.

Stay away from Phuket ,Samui and  Pattaya.   If you live upcountry make sure your house is not in a isolated area because its vulnerable to being robbed.

If you insist on the beach life then stay in WA or move across to Nth QLD. Youre far better off living in OZ regardless of the crime problems.Thailands also getting expensive. Not worth it in the current political climate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Now confirmed the father of the children has been charged with all the murders. Police claim he killed the children and his wife, then waited in the house for a few days for Grandma to arrive, then also murdered her. All killed by knife / blunt force - horrific. So far this year in WA there have been 24 domestic abuse murders, with 19 victims being women and children.

Very sick dad, lacking spiritual values and respect for life.

The farther aged 24 killed his wife 41 and their 3 children on 3/09/2018. One was aged 3.5 and 2 were 2 years old{twins}. He then waited at the home until the grandmother aged 73 arrived the following day and killed her. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-11/bedford-mass-murders-distraught-family-releases-statement/10230514

How a father can kill his own children who were so young and innocent begs disbelief. 

RIP to all those they were slain.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I wonder why this guy had to kill his children, must have went off his nut. Does Australia have the death penalty? RIP to those killed.

Geezer

No death penalty in Australia. 

8 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Sorry to hear that Australia has no death penalty, neither does Canada and the Canadian population never had a vote in the change, just the do gooder  government at the time. I say bring back the guillotine.

Geezer

No major country has overturned the death penalty by a democratic vote.   It's almost always done by the gov't, not by the people in a vote.