Thai teacher whacks 11 year old 28 times in front of the school chums, claims mum

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dutchbull said:

Teacher has to apologize for his behavior in front of the same 100 children

This will never happen ..... think this remark is with "tongue in cheek"?. He should just be sacked, heavily fined, his license taken away & let that be the end of it & a lesson to all. Guaranteed he'll definitely not like the financial loss part of it! No "three strikes & you're out" ................. immediate dismissal.

9 minutes ago, dutchbull said:

Teacher has to apologize for his behavior in front of the same 100 children

Teacher should be removed from her position.... I don't believe there was 1 teacher in a room with 100 children. Other teachers must have witnessed this, they should be brought in to answer questions. 

I would also take issue with those teachers (if so) who witnessed this beating of a child without doing anything about it. 

Unfortunately for Thailand the poorer populace are unaware of the law (in this case parents are unaware of the law) and too fearful of those in apparent positions of power such as teachers - thus these cases continue. Fortunately, social media is helping publicize these issues. 

On a personal level, the international schools operate on at a level where reproach against a teacher for such actions is immediate, but ultimately unnecessary as those in these positions are highly trained, highly professional and never behave in such a reprehensible manner. 

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Teacher should be removed from her position.... I don't believe there was 1 teacher in a room with 100 children. Other teachers must have witnessed this, they should be brought in to answer questions. 

I would also take issue with those teachers (if so) who witnessed this beating of a child without doing anything about it. 

:thumbsup:

Well there is a couple 11yr olds here id like to give a belting in front of there "official/police" parents. Bratz that dont even go to school like education isnt important and i guess it isnt when youll get daddys job.

Anyway that girl needs revenge. Belt the living hell out of the teacher.

Back in my day i had a friend beat up a teach and another push one down the stairs. Lucky these kids are still brainwashed enough not to understand what crossing the lines means.

People should respect and treat everyone equally. If not get equally ass whooped.

People have already discussed this incidence. But as an aside, would you prefer  the U.K. system, where teachers are attacked on a daily basis, by Children who are completely out of control. Just to day in the U.K, a report is circulating in the British press, stating that teaching is one of the most dangerous occupations.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And now let's have a survey with Thai parents, especially in rural areas, if they think teachers should be allowed to hit children.

If the majority of parents wouldn't allow this to happen then it wouldn't happen.

But it seems too many Thais, and not only Thais, think punishment like that is acceptable.

Not the mother it would seem.?

For a school administration to act as though they condone this kind of treatment by not handing down significant and career ending punishments to these abusive teachers is a grave failure of responsibility.  It also promotes the idea among future teachers that schools are where they can be abusive towards children and it’s legal.  This notion will then ATTRACT individuals who are so inclined to this perversion.  Thai schools are fostering a similar cozy niche for abusers as the Catholic Church finds itself in presently.  

44 minutes ago, dinsdale said:
5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And now let's have a survey with Thai parents, especially in rural areas, if they think teachers should be allowed to hit children.

If the majority of parents wouldn't allow this to happen then it wouldn't happen.

But it seems too many Thais, and not only Thais, think punishment like that is acceptable.

Not the mother it would seem.?

Yes, and how much support did she get from all the other parents...

3 hours ago, CockneyGit said:

If my son is cheeky, naughty or anything at school, then a clip round the ear is fine. Didn't do me any harm as a kid.

However the teachers at the school are acutely aware that if they ever give him any kind of 'beating', there will be an 'issue' that I will deal with personally..!!

The second statement shows that you have been affected by your upbringing in a very bad way. If I was your sons teacher I would just have told you to go and get mental help. Who decides and proves that a beating occurred or just a clip? The way to stop this sort of abuse is to report it and go up the hierarchy until you find who is allowing it to happen. Threatening teachers is not the way to go. If you know a certain teacher has a track record of this behavior then maybe but still get their superiors involved first before making threats. Have you thought how your little warning may have affected how your sons treated at school now? Lastly you may end up being dealt with personally as well.

3 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Regarding punishment ................. it's the parents that should teach the children how to behave & respect one another. It's not the teacher's job to punish children ..... suspension from school should be. Let parents take the full responsibility ....... it's the only way.

And what if the parents are just as bad? We have a lot of trouble with pikies. Their children are brought up to disrespect people and their property. School, if they ever get there, is the only positive influence on them. Punishment does not have to be (and should not be) physical. There are many mental punishments available that are far more effective. 

6 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

A 4x2 to the back of the head 28 times for teacher and principal. Then their siblings for good measure. 

Some people are as dumb as dog sh!t. 

Which ends with a bullet in the back of the head. As you said "Some people are as dumb as dog sh!t."

It is within the culture, we shouldn't try to change it imo.

Thailand is so safe in terms of people not getting mugged in the streets. The UK isn't. 

When smacking kids for discipline goes, public disorder follows the next generation in accordance with multiple countries as examples world wide.

I support strict as hell teachers

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Looking back on it, when I was a young boy,and got the cane

quite often,i think some of the teachers were getting off, on

the caneing, sadistic bastards,sometimes with the lie,this

is going to hurt me,more than you.

Once again in this case the school is taking the side of the

teacher,instead of protecting the Children.nothing changes.

regards Worgeordie

Many years ago at my Catholic school in the UK, where most of the teachers were priests, the sadistic ones were the priests themselves who, for major crimes like talking in class or chalking on the window sills, would hit the student on the back of his fingers with the edge of a wooden ruler in front of the whole class. .  I was often surprised that no fingers were broken. The school was so strict that none of the students, aged between 12 and 18, dared to complain.

On one occasion in the gym, a boarder at the school spoke out of turn and he protected his face as it appeared that the priest was about to hit him.  The priest used that as a pathetic excuse to accuse the boy of preparing to attack him, so he hit the side of the boy's face as hard as he could with an exercise shoe (plimsole) that the priest happened to be holding at the time. 

There were many other instances of priests hitting students across the face, including one in which the boy was questioned non-stop in class on French words he was supposed to learn the night before, until he got one wrong.  The reason he was picked on was that the previous evening the priest had caught him chatting to a girl in the street and he demanded to know if the boy had done his homework.  He was then determined to catch him out in class the next day.

A sadistic bunch, with a few notable exceptions. As for any other possible diversions from the chosen path, which have become the subject of major news stories over the past many years, I cannot comment as I never witnessed any myself.

38 minutes ago, chang1 said:

The second statement shows that you have been affected by your upbringing in a very bad way. If I was your sons teacher I would just have told you to go and get mental help. Who decides and proves that a beating occurred or just a clip? The way to stop this sort of abuse is to report it and go up the hierarchy until you find who is allowing it to happen. Threatening teachers is not the way to go. If you know a certain teacher has a track record of this behavior then maybe but still get their superiors involved first before making threats. Have you thought how your little warning may have affected how your sons treated at school now? Lastly you may end up being dealt with personally as well.

Are you for real, or are you a teacher backing up your own. 

Get their superiors involved now you are taking the p@@s now aren’t you. The school like all schools here in a Thailand will clam up and protect their own. See how the teacher likes getting 28 whacks. Obviously the teachers upbringing effected them in a very bad way also. 

20 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

It is within the culture, we shouldn't try to change it imo.

Thailand is so safe in terms of people not getting mugged in the streets. The UK isn't. 

When smacking kids for discipline goes, public disorder follows the next generation in accordance with multiple countries as examples world wide.

I support strict as hell teachers

The original post is about an innocent child being beaten by her teacher. Your comments make out that you approve of such acts. Absolutely despicable comment by you sir. 

3 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Regarding punishment ................. it's the parents that should teach the children how to behave & respect one another. It's not the teacher's job to punish children ..... suspension from school should be. Let parents take the full responsibility ....... it's the only way.

I understand that but in this case a child was punished for something her 3 year old sibling did, who does NOT attend the school according to the OP report.

The child was punished for something SHE didn't do but neither the teacher or the school reported to the parents. That is 100% down to the teacher and the school for allowing the teacher to punish an innocent party.

2 hours ago, wirat69 said:

Where did you get the assumption of the teacher’s gender? Certainly not mentioned in the article!!

RotMahKid might have jumped the gun regarding the teacher's sex. a child was assaulted and you worry about the accuracy of the teacher's sex?

Archived