Thai teacher whacks 11 year old 28 times in front of the school chums, claims mum

webfact

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

The second statement shows that you have been affected by your upbringing in a very bad way. If I was your sons teacher I would just have told you to go and get mental help. Who decides and proves that a beating occurred or just a clip? The way to stop this sort of abuse is to report it and go up the hierarchy until you find who is allowing it to happen. Threatening teachers is not the way to go. If you know a certain teacher has a track record of this behavior then maybe but still get their superiors involved first before making threats. Have you thought how your little warning may have affected how your sons treated at school now? Lastly you may end up being dealt with personally as well.

Sorry Chang.1 but cannot agree with you. Do you have kids?  They come before anything else.

In the very likely event that those responsible , including, it would seem, the head teacher, receive no suitable punishment for the outrageous assault on a young girl (a jail term is justified) taking matters into ones own hands  is all that is left.  Nothing to do with upbringing at all. If it had ever happened in my home country there would have been serious repercussions without a parents personal involvement being necessary  Sadly THIS IS THAILAND-- A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY pretending to be something else.

Had you happened to have walked into the school, and saw your daughter being beaten by a teacher, would you have just stood idly by and let her continue?  I would like to believe that most Fathers would not. I would have beaten the crap out of the teacher, male or female. That's what a REAL MAN does, a wimp just lets it happen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a responsible Adult assaulted my daughter in that way I would probably need to be restrained. If it was happening as I arrived I would be out of control and a very clear and present danger to that individual assaulting my child.

NO ONE has the right to assault a child in that manner and the repercussions professionally, legally and personally would be most severe.

32 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Sorry Chang.1 but cannot agree with you. Do you have kids?  They come before anything else.

In the very likely event that those responsible , including, it would seem, the head teacher, receive no suitable punishment for the outrageous assault on a young girl (a jail term is justified) taking matters into ones own hands  is all that is left.  Nothing to do with upbringing at all. If it had ever happened in my home country there would have been serious repercussions without a parents personal involvement being necessary  Sadly THIS IS THAILAND-- A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY pretending to be something else.

Had you happened to have walked into the school, and saw your daughter being beaten by a teacher, would you have just stood idly by and let her continue?  I would like to believe that most Fathers would not. I would have beaten the crap out of the teacher, male or female. That's what a REAL MAN does, a wimp just lets it happen.

Yes I have a young son and for sure I would not stand by if he was being abused. The problem is not the teacher. You can beat up as many teachers as you like and it will not stop this happening. A real man would use his brains and try to stop it happening again to any child at the school. The person who needs the kicking is the one at the top. If he or she sees that bad teachers affect them they will do something. That teacher will still be there no matter what you do to him or her. The girl will probably get over it quite quickly. How would she be affected if her father now spends a couple of years in jail on top of the beating she suffered and then be back to being taught by the same teacher?

5 hours ago, ponder said:

If the report is true, then this is an appalling act of violence, but at the moment, it is an allegation, not a fact:

Thai teacher whacks 11 year old 28 times in front of the school chums, claims mum

The teacher said they had apologized for it but no one wanted to listen.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The school in Pa Moke district announced to students that the public punishment would take place. It was decided to administer 35 strokes - one for each baht that the little bottle of essence cost.

This is where the problem is. The school may have ordered the teacher to do it against their will but too intimidated to refuse. It must have been sanctioned by the head teacher who should take responsibility and be reprimanded by his/her superiors.

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

People have already discussed this incidence. But as an aside, would you prefer  the U.K. system, where teachers are attacked on a daily basis, by Children who are completely out of control. Just to day in the U.K, a report is circulating in the British press, stating that teaching is one of the most dangerous occupations.

Point taken, but this is an incident in Thailand and the circumstances etc., are Thai.

Back to the UK, in the UK, and some other countries there is perhaps a case that the bigger picture social circumstances which have build / generated violence in schools should have been investigated decades ago and defined and non-school solutions devised and implemented decades ago.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And now let's have a survey with Thai parents, especially in rural areas, if they think teachers should be allowed to hit children.

If the majority of parents wouldn't allow this to happen then it wouldn't happen.

But it seems too many Thais, and not only Thais, think punishment like that is acceptable.

Who cares what your imagined survey says?  The mother of the child was rightfully furious and went to the school to confront the administration.  Isn't that enough?

11 hours ago, falangjim said:
20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And now let's have a survey with Thai parents, especially in rural areas, if they think teachers should be allowed to hit children.

If the majority of parents wouldn't allow this to happen then it wouldn't happen.

But it seems too many Thais, and not only Thais, think punishment like that is acceptable.

Who cares what your imagined survey says?  The mother of the child was rightfully furious and went to the school to confront the administration.  Isn't that enough?

No it's not enough. All the other parents should join the mother in the protest and they should not stop protesting until this so called teacher is fired and severely punished. Obviously the mother is right to protest but also obviously most other parents just don't care or support the behavior of that "teacher".

Sack the director and the teacher

No inactive post
No pension
Police prosecution for the teacher for actual bodily harm/assault to an innocent child !!!!!

Just when the hell is Thailands education administration going to be held accountable for it's in-actions?

"Claims" - whacks, strokes, beating, assault - so many different words used  - why not one photo of the 11 year old crying? Why no photo of the marks on the 11 year old from the assault? News article is so vague and has no witness statement  from any of those watching this it is "fake news" until some quote from a student watching or a photo is produced.... If it is as reported , very sad and tragic of course.   

1 hour ago, RicUSA said:

"Claims" - whacks, strokes, beating, assault - so many different words used  - why not one photo of the 11 year old crying? Why no photo of the marks on the 11 year old from the assault? News article is so vague and has no witness statement  from any of those watching this it is "fake news" until some quote from a student watching or a photo is produced.... If it is as reported , very sad and tragic of course.   

Why don’t you try reading the post again. 

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No it's not enough. All the other parents should join the mother in the protest and they should not stop protesting until this so called teacher is fired and severely punished. Obviously the mother is right to protest but also obviously most other parents just don't care or support the behavior of that "teacher".

Land of sheeple. No way a group of country Thai parents will do anything but cluck a bit over their somtam and sticky rice meals.  I'm sure I'd land in jail and the culprit in hospital if anyone; teacher, staff, or student harmed a hair on my kids' body.  Maybe if a few teachers who did this get the crap kicked out of them, they'd think twice. 

On 9/10/2018 at 9:44 AM, worgeordie said:

Looking back on it, when I was a young boy,and got the cane

quite often,i think some of the teachers were getting off, on

the caneing, sadistic bastards,sometimes with the lie,this

is going to hurt me,more than you.

Once again in this case the school is taking the side of the

teacher,instead of protecting the Children.nothing changes.

regards Worgeordie

Yes 100% correct worgeordie.

Back in my day when the cane or the plimsoll was the punishment of choice,I had many a teacher down in my book as closet kiddy fiddlers.

They say spare the rod,spoil the child.Complete rubbish.Never had to lay a hand on any of my kids,my voice or look was enough,and they've all grown up to be cracking adults.4 things I absolutely detest is racism,abuse of kids,abuse of anyone for that matter and oppression.

4 hours ago, RicUSA said:

The assailant teacher and the principal  have acknowledged the physical assault.

Why would you need pictures of a child in distress if the event is not denied?

What happened to the missing 7 lashes?  Can't these Thai teachers do math?  The teacher said the cost of the chicken essence was 35 baht, and that the younger sibling of the kid who didn't throw the bottle away would get 35 lashes because of it.  So what happened to the final seven?  We know this teacher isn't fit to be in the classroom because she hits kids, but she can't even do math correctly.  smh.  

This is a symptom a sick education system with no training, no investment and no accountability inside a corrupt institution

Answers Too many to list here but first get new teachers and get rid of bullies

On 9/10/2018 at 4:35 PM, chang1 said:

The second statement shows that you have been affected by your upbringing in a very bad way. If I was your sons teacher I would just have told you to go and get mental help. Who decides and proves that a beating occurred or just a clip? The way to stop this sort of abuse is to report it and go up the hierarchy until you find who is allowing it to happen. Threatening teachers is not the way to go. If you know a certain teacher has a track record of this behavior then maybe but still get their superiors involved first before making threats. Have you thought how your little warning may have affected how your sons treated at school now? Lastly you may end up being dealt with personally as well.

My upbringing was perfectly wonderful thank you. At most I got half a dozen 'clips' round the ear. either from parents or teachers.

The difference between a 'clip' and a 'beating' is that a beating leaves marks and also affects a child's behaviour.

I haven't threatened anybody. A lot of the foreign teachers at the school are friends of mine and they agree that if any 'beatings' are given out then it is indeed an issue. I'm also not the only Father who has mentioned this, both foreign or Thai.

I appreciate your concern though.

3 minutes ago, CockneyGit said:

My upbringing was perfectly wonderful thank you. At most I got half a dozen 'clips' round the ear. either from parents or teachers.

The difference between a 'clip' and a 'beating' is that a beating leaves marks and also affects a child's behaviour.

I haven't threatened anybody. A lot of the foreign teachers at the school are friends of mine and they agree that if any 'beatings' are given out then it is indeed an issue. I'm also not the only Father who has mentioned this, both foreign or Thai.

I appreciate your concern though.

I think I smacked my first son (now 40) 3 times in his life and I have never smacked my second son (now 14) at all. I have never needed to because we taught him right from wrong right from the beginning of his life.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I think I smacked my first son (now 40) 3 times in his life and I have never smacked my second son (now 14) at all. I have never needed to because we taught him right from wrong right from the beginning of his life.

Same here...  

I grew up with physical punishment... (never from teachers), but a smacked bottom from both parents as and when necessary. I never recall not deserving a 'clip round the ear' or a 'smack' whenever I got one. 

As such, I started out using similar forms of discipline with my Son... after about 2 years old it started with a smack on the hand which worked well and was only required once or twice per year. 

By about 3 years old he'd received a couple of smacks on the bottom. 

We also noticed a slight shift afterwards when he tried to smack my wife she she'd upset him. 

My Wife and I both agreed that perhaps this is the wrong way and we should employ other methods more effectively, time-outs, removal of toys etc...  to avoid the copy-cat behavior.

Its not alright to use physically punishment regularly as it becomes the norm. That said, the smacked bottom remains in the arsenal but has not been used in well over a year. 

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I smacked my eldest daughter once and still feel bad about it now even though just a couple of slaps on the legs never slapped none of my other kids.

A history teacher slapped me around the head not once but twice when I was 15 yrs old, bad idea, I punched him hard in the stomach and went on his knees to the cheers of the class, yeah I was expelled. ? 

Archived