Tham Luang cave rescue film starts shooting in November

webfact

Cave film starts shooting in November

By The Thaiger

AR-180719920.jpg

A Thai film telling the story of the Tham Luang cave rescue is due to begin rolling cameras in November. It’s working title is ‘Nang Non’ in Thai (The Cave in English)

Tom Waller, an Irish/Thai filmmaker, gave a presentation about the project at the Toronto International Film Festival. ‘Nang Non’ is the working title of the film, also the name of the mountain range and cave where the 13 young Mae Sai football players were stuck between June 23 and emerge in the second week of July after being trapped by rising flood waters.

Tom says that the story will focus on some of the unsung heroes from the international effort, including some of the key Thai and international rescuers. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/entertainment/cave-film-starts-shooting-in-november

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-09-10

6 minutes ago, lanista said:

Making a movie about the cave ruggies was as predictable as the sun rising this morning.

Have Verns and Musk been offered roles in it ???   LOL

Bit risky. This movie might get top billing in LOS but thats about it.

No Pitt or Cruise.

Forget it.

Better off making Rambo 6 in Bangkok  with a 70 y/old Sly.

He could smote them hip and thigh with his zimmer.

If Waller has any sense, he'll speak to Mr Downey, the guy who wrote 'The Thailand Cave Rescue Conspiracy' that I recommended last week and uncovered the conspiracy behind the Tham Luang extravaganza. That would, at least, add a bit of meat to what looks like being just a sad retelling of what happened up there. Methinks that one of the conditions applied to Waller will be for Prayuth to play the part of the anesthetist, Prawit to play Narongsak and Wissanu/Somkid to enact the Vern/Musk spat … yeh, now we have the makings of a comedy, at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ossy said:

If Waller has any sense, he'll speak to Mr Downey, the guy who wrote 'The Thailand Cave Rescue Conspiracy' that I recommended last week and uncovered the conspiracy behind the Tham Luang extravaganza. 

Come on, at least tell us what that "conspiracy" consists of .

No, I dont want to read the book, just tell us the highlights 

• Like 1

The government will make a lot of money from handling it e.g, work visas, tourism, hotels acomodation, transport, publicity etc.  Hope the film is a huge flop. Shows bad taste just to make money.  Will it all be filmed in Thailand ?  I wonder.

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Come on, at least tell us what that "conspiracy" consists of .

No, I dont want to read the book, just tell us the highlights 

Sorry for slow reply, S. Just go to the Amazon shop window and enter 'caving conspiracy' and you'll spot the Matt Downey book. Click on that and there's a description that more than gives a clue as to what went on . . . OK?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

Sorry for slow reply, S. Just go to the Amazon shop window and enter 'caving conspiracy' and you'll spot the Matt Downey book. Click on that and there's a description that more than gives a clue as to what went on . . . OK?

A 44 pages only in kindle format book!

Not what I would call an in depth research!

While there was indeed a string of coincidences, I don't believe in conspiracies involving hundreds of people, from many different countries to boot...

The beginning of the film should open with grand arrival of the PM and his entourage trampling over everything with their TV cameras and getting in the way.  And the man himself throwing commands about and organising the kitchen. 

After which disappearing in a puff of smoke like there was never a problem in the first place. 

• Like 2

They would have been smarter to let a Hollywood studio make the movie. For a Thai movie, even if they get it to Cannes, a MUCH smaller number of people will watch. 

And, most important, the Thai boys and their families will get almost nothing. 

Sad outcome 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jaiyen said:

The government will make a lot of money from handling it e.g, work visas, tourism, hotels acomodation, transport, publicity etc.  Hope the film is a huge flop. Shows bad taste just to make money.  Will it all be filmed in Thailand ?  I wonder.

Is this the one where PCO and PW will end up serving as executive producers, and the Thai PRD (Public Relations Department) will have final approval on the script???  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Everything is about Money Here ,No matter what Drama or Disaster someone Has to make money out of it ,,,, Greedy greedy greedy.

I'm sorry, did you not see the foreign production companies crawling all over this before the kids had even been rescued?  The greed is elsewhere my friend, look in the mirror (assuming you are Western).

"Pure Flix films managing partner Michael Scott told AAP in Chiang Rai, “I see this as a major Hollywood film with A-list stars”.

Mr Scott and co-producer Adam Smith have been conducting preliminary interviews around the Tham Luang cave site, where a final push is now underway to complete the rescue of the group of 13 who became trapped in the caves by rising flood waters more than two weeks ago.

Mr Scott and Mr Smith also plan to bring in a screenwriter and interview key players from the team of foreign rescuers and Thai Navy SEALS, the victims and their families and seek exclusive rights to their stories.

Asked if their actions might be seen as insensitive at such a delicate time, Mr Smith said: “There’s going to be other production companies coming in so we have to act pretty quickly.”

What about the countless other Hollywood productions tastelessly creaming money out of disasters where thousands died.  

World Trade Centre (9/11).  The Impossible (Asian Tsunami).  Remember Me (9/11).  Just three puke-worthy examples.  At least with being a Tom Waller film there's a very good chance it will be treated respectfully, without sensationalism, and I am sure some proceeds will go to help certain causes (I have no evidence for that).

Seriously, why do you have to paint an entire country as being greedy based on one man making a respectful film?  Do you know where the proceeds are going?  

21 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

They would have been smarter to let a Hollywood studio make the movie. For a Thai movie, even if they get it to Cannes, a MUCH smaller number of people will watch. 

But it will be done much more sensitively.

And, most important, the Thai boys and their families will get almost nothing. 

And you know this how?

5 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I'm sorry, did you not see the foreign production companies crawling all over this before the kids had even been rescued?  The greed is elsewhere my friend, look in the mirror (assuming you are Western).

"Pure Flix films managing partner Michael Scott told AAP in Chiang Rai, “I see this as a major Hollywood film with A-list stars”.

Mr Scott and co-producer Adam Smith have been conducting preliminary interviews around the Tham Luang cave site, where a final push is now underway to complete the rescue of the group of 13 who became trapped in the caves by rising flood waters more than two weeks ago.

Mr Scott and Mr Smith also plan to bring in a screenwriter and interview key players from the team of foreign rescuers and Thai Navy SEALS, the victims and their families and seek exclusive rights to their stories.

Asked if their actions might be seen as insensitive at such a delicate time, Mr Smith said: “There’s going to be other production companies coming in so we have to act pretty quickly.”

What about the countless other Hollywood productions tastelessly creaming money out of disasters where thousands died.  

World Trade Centre (9/11).  The Impossible (Asian Tsunami).  Remember Me (9/11).  Just three puke-worthy examples.  At least with being a Tom Waller film there's a very good chance it will be treated respectfully, without sensationalism, and I am sure some proceeds will go to help certain causes (I have no evidence for that).

Seriously, why do you have to paint an entire country as being greedy based on one man making a respectful film?  Do you know where the proceeds are going?  

Puer Flix films are a Christian group who make Christian based films

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

But it will be done much more sensitively.

And you know this how?

Sensitively? You know that how? See? I, too, can play that game. 

By sensitively, do you mean careful censoring of anything bad or that could "tarnish the image and reputation of Thailand"? 

• Like 1