Going to court

as our landlord just closed us down with 6 years left on the contract. 

We now going to sue him for loss of income among other rhings and need to show Enterprise Value (EV) and loss of future profit. To get this done we need a proper authorised Company/Accountant/Agent.

Anyone know anything about where to find one? 

We are based in Pattaya but not restricted to get help there. 

If you're not aware of one you might have an idea how to go about? All suggestions are appreciated! 

Thanks!

• Haha 1

A good lawyer should be able to guide you. If you're suing someone, I would think you have one, or have at least talked to a lawyer by now. Btw, I hope you have plenty of time. We, and quite a few other owners sued the developer of the complex we live in. It took almost ten years before the verdict and judgement was rendered, and although the court awarded each of us 1.5 Million Baht, we have yet to see a single satang.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gjoo888 said:

A good lawyer should be able to guide you. If you're suing someone, I would think you have one, or have at least talked to a lawyer by now. Btw, I hope you have plenty of time. We, and quite a few other owners sued the developer of the complex we live in. It took almost ten years before the verdict and judgement was rendered, and although the court awarded each of us 1.5 Million Baht, we have yet to see a single satang.

Good lawyer

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, gjoo888 said:

The wheels of justice turn slowly.

In Thailand that turning is nearly imperceptible.  

Do you think in the end you'll see any of the judgment awarded to you?

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 9:14 PM, Sydebolle said:

Whatever you do, do NOT take a Pattaya lawyer but resort to a Bangkok law firm. Let them give you a fair assessment of chances and a cost indication. 

It is useless to throw good money after bad money - I am speaking of experience ...... 

An issue with a bar lease would not be an easy thing to fight I  recon in Pattaya.

I agree that the OP would be better off seeking legal help from a Bangkok law firm.

23 hours ago, watcharacters said:

The wheels of justice turn slowly.

In Thailand that turning is nearly imperceptible.  

Do you think in the end you'll see any of the judgment awarded to you?

Good luck!

Thanks. We were told about 6 months ago by our lawyer that we will likely receive the judgement within a year. I'll believe it when I see it. We also have been told by our lawyer that the developer is trying more legal maneuvering through the courts, but that he doesn't expect the verdict and judgement to be overturned. The court has put a fairly large office building owned by the developer in some sort of receivership (or something along those lines) that helps to insure we get paid. Again, I'll believe it when I see it. 

Edited by gjoo888

On 9/14/2018 at 3:47 PM, davidst01 said:

Was your lease registered at the land office? Im extremely interested to hear this from the OP. It sounds as if his/hers wasn't bc surely they would not be able to kick you out if registered at land office and tax paid?

Hi David. You're correct, it wasn't registered at the Land Office. At the time of the deal we weren't aware of that the 3+3+3 is not according to the law. However it can be and hopefully will be looked at as a promise from the landlord/owner that signed the contract. 

It will be up to the Court to decide now.