All Luxury Watches Returned To 'Friend,' Prawit Says

webfact

In the clearest indication that Gen. PrawitWongsuwan will not submit the two dozen watches for examination by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, Prawit told reporters Monday he no longer had them.

So where are the watches now? The NACC should check the origin of the watches.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

In the clearest indication that Gen. PrawitWongsuwan will not submit the two dozen watches for examination by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, Prawit told reporters Monday he no longer had them.

So where are the watches now? The NACC should check the origin of the watches.

Nooooo...he SAID they were returned to all the friends, he borrowed them from...all 25 or so!

Don't you believe in the word of an honorable man?

Shame on you! 

?

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Nooooo...he SAID they were returned to all the friends, he borrowed them from...all 25 or so!

Don't you believe in the word of an honorable man?

Shame on you! 

?

I believe an honorable man

But the taxpayer would like to know that there has been properly paid import tax.
At 90% import tax, that's 15 million Baht

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

No one borrows and keeps a watch or watches for 10 years. They were personal property. Actually no one borrows watches. 

I have never heard of ANYBODY borrowing a watch! A car maybe, or even in extreme circumstances a wife or a girlfriend, but never a watch!

16 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

All this AH done is place most of the watches THAT HE BOUGHT HIS SELF WITH ILLEGIBLE MONEY in a private vault . He will buy a new one to wear until a few months from now then its back to showing off again with them.

"ILLEGIBLE  MONEY" Now there's a thought!

5 hours ago, ross163103 said:

I can't believe all the lame excuses I've heard in Thailand for this type of issue. Do they really think the people are that stupid to believe their b******t?! I guess they've got a lot of the population scared and they won't say anything. Some other countries come to mind with the same type tactics to control their people.

Yes, they do because they don't really care what they think. Don't kid yourself,  there will be an election early next year and these people are the next government. Who cares?  Probably only the posters on the TVFs.

As others have said, buyers of these type of expensive watches get a certificate of authenticity as well as registration by the company (for insurance purposes, in case of theft and for resale purposes). It should have been a simple matter to check the names on the certificates or, if these had been 'lost', the companies could have supplied copies.

The fact that the investigation has taken so long seems to imply that the certificates DO NOT prove the innocence of Prawit.

Archived