All Luxury Watches Returned To 'Friend,' Prawit Says

webfact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

What skeletons are in the closet of General Prawatch and the PM; any other PM would have offloaded such a deputy long long time ago as Prawatch is nothing but a terrible liability to the man in the driver seat. 

Wonders never seize in mysterious Asia and even more mysterious Thailand ? 

And there we have it he has put the watches on the skeletons in his closet??

20 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I think this is the normal government officials outfit, same colour as all government officials wear on Mondays, including teachers. They wear the white one for ceremonial occasions. 

Oh.. That means he wore the white one when he returned the watch to his dead friend. 

2 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Unbelievable.  The dog ate my homework.  If you're going to BS us, at least spend a day thinking of a better line than this.  Oh wait, I'm a guest here, not really too much room for me to criticize given that the USA now has Trump at the helm.  

It's not us (farangs) that he is concerned about - we are dumb anyway - it's the Thai people in general (no pun intended!) that he is "convincing"! And I agree with you about Trump, but I'm British, and ours is no better!

On 9/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, holy cow cm said:

No one borrows and keeps a watch or watches for 10 years. They were personal property. Actually no one borrows watches. 

Well, there are people who wear watches as jewelry. My late wife asked me a few times if I wanted to buy some more watches. I pay no attention to what watches other people have on, so I told her, "No." I can imagine a person who thinks an expensive watch impresses people might borrow one, but keeping it for ten years is a little much. I don't know why someone would spend thousands of dollars on a watch, but by the same token I can't imagine why Jeff Bezos would spend $1,000 for a t-shirt.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:16 AM, akirasan said:

I'm sure his rich dead friend appreciated the gesture.

I was wondering how he was able to get them to his friend that he claimed was dead when the story broke. But at least he is consistent in terms of when his lips move only BS is emitted. 

2 hours ago, lungbing said:

It's easy to get then to his friend.  The same way the Chinese community get money and cars to their dead relatives.  Take a picture of the watches and burn the picture, with all due ceremony.  Job done.

Nah. Get the timepieces together, douse them in petrol, light a match and retire. See if Prawit flinches.

But then again with the whole might of the treasury behind him, he might simply discover a new pal to borrow watches from...

Archived