All Luxury Watches Returned To 'Friend,' Prawit Says

webfact

All Luxury Watches Returned To 'Friend,' Prawit Says

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

40814681_2099286816756906_31883026493006

Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan on Sep. 3 checks out counterfeit brandname watches confiscated by police in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Anti-corruption activists were unswayed by a deputy junta leader’s claim Monday that he returned 25 undeclared luxury watches to a friend.

In the clearest indication that Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan will not submit the two dozen watches for examination by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, Prawit told reporters Monday he no longer had them.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/09/11/all-luxury-watches-returned-to-friend-prawit-says/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-11

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a good friend to lend him so many expensive watches over a span of 10 years. Shame the dead friend's family hasn't once corroborated this story. All they had to do is tell the investigators and press that this is a true story. He really did let him borrow these watches cos they were such good friends. 

I wonder if the dead friend had the watches insured. Probably not seeing as this is all a lie. 

Well hats off to him, I say. Look, everything he has said regarding this case has been nothing but a steaming, stinking pile of Grade 'A' monkey crap. He knows it, we know it and he knows that we know. Yet still he stands there with a straight face and continues this pantomime - that takes some chutzpah...

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Such BS! Like saying, yes I took the money, but I returned it already so no problem. You can't reverse the wrong. This guy needs to go to live with Thaksin, and the people deserve better as a real follow up to see who was the original owner on all of the watches certificates. 

At least Thaksin was an elected crook.

9 minutes ago, baboon said:

Well hats off to him, I say. Look, everything he has said regarding this case has been nothing but a steaming, stinking pile of Grade 'A' monkey crap. He knows it, we know it and he knows that we know. Yet still he stands there with a straight face and continues this pantomime - that takes some chutzpah...

You are so right. Thai politics is all a pile of steaming, stinky s...t. And the Thais continue to wallow in it all. That's why I can't be bothered to post much about it nowadays. I feel there's really not a lot more to say. The 'election' will be postponed again. When it is eventually called, it will be a travesty of a genuine election. The Autocrat (or his gang) will still hold the reins of power after the 'election'. Lies will be told upon lies ...

I for one am just so tired of it all. There really is a limit to how much B.S. a person can take (well, there is for me, anyhow).

Let the Thais deal with what they have allowed to exist and be perpetuated. Let them enjoy the fruits of their own apathy and/or gutlessness. 

I can't believe all the lame excuses I've heard in Thailand for this type of issue. Do they really think the people are that stupid to believe their b******t?! I guess they've got a lot of the population scared and they won't say anything. Some other countries come to mind with the same type tactics to control their people.

Archived