German Man Stabbed In Neck Near BTS Mo Chit

webfact

7 hours ago, DoctorG said:

It is also true that some people just find life itself to be humorous and would rather laugh than cry.

We were talking about a stabbing....if you can find humour in that type of thing then go "knock yourself out"  thinking about all the lives wasted through wars, murders, and every other kind of "man's inhumanity to his fellow man". 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

We were talking about a stabbing....if you can find humour in that type of thing then go "knock yourself out"  thinking about all the lives wasted through wars, murders, and every other kind of "man's inhumanity to his fellow man". 

Strangely I was not one of those that reacted to the original line that got you so worked up, I was just commenting on possible reasons.

Really though, you must be the life and soul of the party. I hope I never get as gloomy.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DoctorG said:

It is also true that some people just find life itself to be humorous and would rather laugh than cry.

And rightly so,..but we were not talking about life in general...we were specifically  talking about a stabbing....if you can find humour in that type of thing then go "knock yourself out"  thinking about all the lives wasted through wars, murders, and every other kind of "man's inhumanity to his fellow man". 

8 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

And rightly so,..but we were not talking about life in general...we were specifically  talking about a stabbing....if you can find humour in that type of thing then go "knock yourself out"  thinking about all the lives wasted through wars, murders, and every other kind of "man's inhumanity to his fellow man". 

Now you are just repeating yourself.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

I bet you live fairly close to the big border though

The US border? Of course, 90% of Canadians live near the border, lol. What’s your point? You think Canadians near the border agree with US gun laws? Are you assuming that in the US he would have been shot dead without a trial?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, lust said:

The US border? Of course, 90% of Canadians live near the border, lol. What’s your point? You think Canadians near the border agree with US gun laws? Are you assuming that in the US he would have been shot dead without a trial?

I was thinking that maybe rubbing shoulders with your neighbours might have some influence on your thinking my man

Please don't hesitate to help me get up to speed on this matter

Have a nice day

• Sad 1

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

11 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Perhaps you should change your name to dotgloom.

Humour is often a defense measure against the tragedies of life. People realise that they are defenseless against random attacks that are occurring around the world. It is a coping mechanism for many.

The humour defence usually comes from ones self or immediate friends not the general public Has the injured party bitched or complained

13 hours ago, dotpoom said:

4 people (so far) thought that was funny....

Violence of any kind is far from "funny"....for the victims...and their families. Laughing at it is just adding to their suffering....but seemingly that is not obvious to some.

Sorry, Bangkok IS like London, and now gentrification gives people the rest.

19 hours ago, catman20 said:

Whats wrong with these people !

... so many have serious mental health issues. Saw the emergency / rescue guys in attendance and wondered what had happened. 

Later at the airport due to a long day traveling and tired I had become confused when entering gate 9 zone at Suvanabum airport domestic flights. Encountered a rude reception desk female, later began pulling stange faces in response to chastising her in my intention to complain about here rude and arrogant attitude as she would not assist in providing any information to my confused moment of where TG 120 bound for Chiang Mai at gate 9 is. I was at gate 9B which was clearly displayed. Later after another welcoming and helpful staff member guided me to the correct boarding gate area, where was it, just around the corner from gate 9B which had no sign. It turned out I required gate 9A, yet that very unkind, unhelpful young women seemed just to want to address her bad hair day with me, all because I had become confused and lost to where I should be. 

Its defenity ‘mental health’ issues. Fallen out with my wife’s son due to his paranoia attacks for any slight jokingly discussion towards his behaviour. 

Total mental case !!! 

Edited by mindfulness
... none of your darn business
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JoeLing said:

Waooo, not a single comment about those Thai guys who apprehended that lunatic and prevented worse.
Suppose that wouldn't be in the nature of the usual disgruntled forum members.

Up to you then fella, instead of whining about others non contributions

• Like 1

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Irony doesn't always play well on this Forum, I must admit. Apologies to those upset by my comment.

The original post looks like it's removed, but given there seems to be an epidemic of knife crime, muggings and acid attacks reported in London recently, I took the comment at face value and find it hard to disagree. 

• Like 1

"In what appeared to be a random act of violence, a Thai man, identified as Winai Homniam, 41, ran up to 63-year-old Peter Specht as he and his wife were waiting for a taxi at about 2pm and stabbed him in the neck with a pocket knife, according to police."

So what are the odds that the attacker knew the girl  and maybe it was his old girlfriend ?  

Edited by balo

3 hours ago, balo said:

"In what appeared to be a random act of violence, a Thai man, identified as Winai Homniam, 41, ran up to 63-year-old Peter Specht as he and his wife were waiting for a taxi at about 2pm and stabbed him in the neck with a pocket knife, according to police."

So what are the odds that the attacker knew the girl  and maybe it was his old girlfriend ?  

Maybe it was his best attempt at winning friends and influencing people

On 9/11/2018 at 2:35 PM, NCC1701A said:

wow i use that stop all the time for getting dropped off by the Sombat bus from Hua Hin. the motorbike taxi guys there are usually dickheads.

looks like they did the right thing this time. 

"Witnesses told police that Winai walked away and pretended he was waiting for a bus after the attack. He was captured by motorcycle taxi drivers nearby."

Dickheads do that?

• Sad 1

High on drugs (quite likely yabba)....the scourge of society. Can't recall ever reading a story about a person who smoked some weed and then went out and robbed someone, stabbed someone, broke into a house to steal something...

How does a country put an end to this? Clearly the war on drugs as in the USA's case has been a total failure. Perhaps the idea is simply to totally legalize everything and let the government control the sale.

• Sad 1