German Man Stabbed In Neck Near BTS Mo Chit

webfact

German Man Stabbed In Neck Near BTS Mo Chit

By  Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

mochit-696x578.jpg

BANGKOK — A German man Tuesday was stabbed in the neck Tuesday afternoon at a bus stop near BTS Mo Chit.

In what appeared to be a random act of violence, a Thai assailant ran up to 63-year-old Peter Spach (translated from Thai) as he was waiting for a taxi with his girlfriend and stabbed him in the neck, according to police.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/09/11/german-man-stabbed-in-neck-near-bts-mo-chit/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-11

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, webfact said:

In what appeared to be a random act of violence,

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

with his girlfriend

wow i use that stop all the time for getting dropped off by the Sombat bus from Hua Hin. the motorbike taxi guys there are usually dickheads.

looks like they did the right thing this time. 

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

This place is beginning to get like London!

4 people (so far) thought that was funny....

Violence of any kind is far from "funny"....for the victims...and their families. Laughing at it is just adding to their suffering....but seemingly that is not obvious to some.

10 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Violence of any kind is far from "funny"....for the victims...and their families. Laughing at it is just adding to their suffering....but seemingly that is not obvious to some.

Perhaps you should change your name to dotgloom.

Humour is often a defense measure against the tragedies of life. People realise that they are defenseless against random attacks that are occurring around the world. It is a coping mechanism for many.

It is also true that some people just find life itself to be humorous and would rather laugh than cry.

Just now, dotpoom said:

I'm guessing, and Brewsterbudgen may correct me, that there was a heavy dose of irony in his comment.  It was a reasonable comment that would possibly forestall all the posts about this being a terrible place.  Sad fact is that every country has its fair share of lunatics who do act or react with violence at the first instance.

My mother once asked me if I was worried about living in Thailand, after she had read all the various shock/horror newspaper headlines about the place.  I advised her to step outside her front door, turn left and walk downtown on Saturday night; she saw my logic, and she would visit if it wasn't for the cost of travel insurance at the age of 90.

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

Perhaps you should change your name to dotgloom.

Humour is often a defense measure against the tragedies of life. People realise that they are defenseless against random attacks that are occurring around the world. It is a coping mechanism for many.

It is also true that some people just find life itself to be humorous and would rather laugh than cry.

When you die I will laugh.  Can't help it, a defense mechanism.

I'm guessing, and Brewsterbudgen may correct me, that there was a heavy dose of irony in his comment.  It was a reasonable comment that would possibly forestall all the posts about this being a terrible place.  Sad fact is that every country has its fair share of lunatics who do act or react with violence at the first instance.
My mother once asked me if I was worried about living in Thailand, after she had read all the various shock/horror newspaper headlines about the place.  I advised her to step outside her front door, turn left and walk downtown on Saturday night; she saw my logic, and she would visit if it wasn't for the cost of travel insurance at the age of 90.
Irony doesn't always play well on this Forum, I must admit. Apologies to those upset by my comment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

German tourist stabbed in the neck in brazen daylight attack while waiting for taxi in Bangkok

2PM.jpg

A 64 year old German tourist waiting with his wife for a taxi at Mo Chit BTS was stabbed in the neck by a Thai man.

The national police chief praised the quick action of four motorcycle taxi riders who made a citizens' arrest.

Bang Sue police who rushed to the scene found blood droplets and the tourist with a 3cm gash in his neck.

Nearby was a Thai man being held by the "win" riders - he had two Thai IDs. One said he was 48 year old Adisai from Nonthaburi but police believe he is the other - 40 year old Winai Hormniam from Surin.

He appeared to be on drugs.

He told cops it was all an accident. He meant to tap the tourist on the shoulder but a knife that he always kept with him and was wrapped in a shawl came into contact accidentally with the man's neck.

Police dismissed this as ridiculous.

Witnesses confirmed that the attacker went to punch the tourist holding a cloth. A motorcycle maxi rider told Thai Rath in a video of the event that he was not aware that the cloth contained a knife.

Kritchai Pisitchotpreeda, 58, who saw the incident went to warn the riders that the man had a knife.

Winai has initially been charged with assault and detained pending tests for drugs.

National police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda praised the good Samaritans for being the eyes and ears of the police and ordered through his spokesman that a full investigation takes place.

No motive was suggested in the attack that appears to be completely unprovoked.

The attack was at 1.30 pm yesterday, Tuesday.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-12

Posts making comparisons to other countries have been removed as well as the replies:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Forum Netiquette

7. Please do not post off-topic responses in an attempt to hijack the thread. Such posts will be deleted. 

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

i wonder why it happened,could be a thai thing or something about his girlfriends former boyfriend. they must be a reason for the attack

Not really - whilst rare, gratuitous attacks on innocent strangers and passers-by are a feature of modern life in many countries - perhaps they always have been, they're just better reported these days. Sometimes they can be put down to fads or copycat acts, such as the spate a year or two ago of 'one punch' knockouts of unfortunate pedestrians that happened in the UK.

Archived