new multi entry non imm OA retirement visa

my first 1 year  non OA  retirement, multi entry visa - is due to expire on november 28.

i got the original one through an agent.

i am 67 yrs old,have NZ passport, own my own condo at cosy beach, have  800,000 thb + in my bkk bank account, for 12mths .

i was going to re- apply for the next 12mths  -15 days before 28 nov..i thought i had all the required info  to make the application, myself, at jomtien.

however- now i have been told by another agent----that--- if i leave thailand ,then return, in the 7 days prior to 28 nov,   i will automaticly get another 12mths.

do i have to pay 3,800 thb ??

can somebody please adivse--is this correct ??   is there NO  way around , making a new  application ? {i think i have all the paperwork}

• Confused 1

You can leave the country and pay nothing. The 3.800 baht is for a multi re-entry permit once the first year is up. 

I was going to do the same thing but in the end rather than have the hassle of travelling out of the country and the expense that incurs I decided to just go to immigration and extend my permit to stay. It costs about 2000 baht to extend your permission to stay. I cant be bothered with the hassle of many hours of travel rather than sitting in immigration for a couple of hours. 

If I now want to travel out of the country I can get either a re-entry permit single or multi entry. 

What do you actually have. Do you have a NON-OA long stay visa issued by the embassy in New Zealand or do you have a one year extension of stay issued by immigration here.

If you have a NON-OA visa you can leave and re-enter the country to get a new one year entry on or before November 28th if that is the enter before date on the visa sticker. There is no 7 day requirement to do the new entry. You can do it on the last day if you want to

If you have a one year extension of stay issued by immigration you can apply for a new one during the last 30 days of your extension. You can do it up to the last day since the is no minimum number of days to do it.

• Like 1

thanks for your replies.. sorry, i think ive given you  incorrect info--{i couldnt find my old passport, with the original stamp }

my 12mths visa , WAS  obtained in thailand{pattaya}.

therefore does that mean  --i have to re-apply for the next  12mths , before 28 nov

6 hours ago, murraynz said:

thanks for your replies.. sorry, i think ive given you  incorrect info--{i couldnt find my old passport, with the original stamp }

my 12mths visa , WAS  obtained in thailand{pattaya}.

therefore does that mean  --i have to re-apply for the next  12mths , before 28 nov

It would probably help if you posted a picture of your ‘visa’.

It sounds like you have a 1 year extension of stay (not an ‘O-A’ visa). If that’s correct you will not get another year by doing a border run.