Pet question

Risks are big fat zero , no matter what wanna be experts will tell you .

if somehow you get caught for having one , you will be getting endless letters with threats but no actions to follow.

they will not sue you as it will cost a fortune and need little more evidence than “someone saw a cat”  as you can easily claim it’s not yours or only came to visit .

so your only problems would be letters with threats and perhaps a few foreigners frothing out of their mouth for not getting things their way.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be harder to conceal than you imagine...

kitty litter disposal...

cat food and kitty litter lugged into the condo...

vet trips...

meowing while you're not home....

cat runs out in the hall when you open the door...

sounds of you calling and talking to your cat coming through your front door :biggrin:...

cat sitter visits while you travel...

complaints from neighbors about allergies or odors...

Do you really want want to go through all the subterfuge this would entail?

Well it says ,,,,No pet Allowed ,,,, If you get one and in your Home/condo,,,, Your a <deleted>, They set the rules Abide by them,,would you like it if  your neighbour  got a pair of Yapping mutts in and kept you awake ,and piss on your door? 

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

Well it says ,,,,No pet Allowed ,,,, If you get one and in your Home/condo,,,, Your a <deleted>, They set the rules Abide by them,,would you like it if  your neighbour  got a pair of Yapping mutts in and kept you awake ,and piss on your door? 

In most counties in the world there is an animal companionship act , which basically states if a pet does not interfere with other people day by day living, it can stay and this act supersedes one of “ no animals “ 

Yupping dog is no different to someone playing loud music or screaming at each other, during  certain hours.

such as life in a condo ?

27 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Some people will justify all kinds of abhorrent treatment of animals for their own selfish reasons. 

If it is the only life a cat can have then it's not abhorrent. In many ways, a dog in an apartment would lead a better life. But as another poster said, cats can adapt to small spaces. The kitty litter would need to be kept clean in a hot environment as it can become very smelly.

I wonder if all the people here who want strict law enforcement always follow all laws.

Did you every drive too fast?

Did you ever smoke in any bar or restaurant which is no smoking (but nobody cares)?

Did you ever have company from one of those night entertainers which are officially illegal in this country?

I don't think there are too many people who never ever break any law.

If other people's pets don't make your life difficult what is your problem?

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

In most counties in the world there is an animal companionship act , which basically states if a pet does not interfere with other people day by day living, it can stay and this act supersedes one of “ no animals “ 

Yupping dog is no different to someone playing loud music or screaming at each other, during  certain hours.

such as life in a condo ?

This is Thailand they don't give a shit what you think,they don't care about your animal companionship that refers to Other countries they Say No Pets ,,,, That's what it is    No Pets  ,,,,

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

No, I obviously think that there is a rule for everybody and my question was: what are the risks if I get caught breaking it.

But thank you for your pointless answer ?

If you just respect the rules then you don’t need to know the risks

????

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

The ones that set the Rules in your Condo,,,,, Get over it ,,,, No F,,,,N   Pets

So you do not even know what “they “ are called but here you are spouting nonsense about what “they” know or will do?

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

This is Thailand they don't give a shit what you think,they don't care about your animal companionship that refers to Other countries they Say No Pets ,,,, That's what it is    No Pets  ,,,,

Actually I agree with a pet ban in apartments in Thailand. I am not so sure I would trust Thai people to treat apartment animals appropriately nor would I trust them to responsibly ensure the animal did not disturb other residents. 

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Actually I agree with a pet ban in apartments in Thailand. I am not so sure I would trust Thai people to treat apartment animals appropriately nor would I trust them to responsibly ensure the animal did not disturb other residents. 

It’s funny but all I see on animal adoption pages on Facebook is foreigners dumping their pets when moving or going back home?

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

It’s funny but all I see on animal adoption pages on Facebook is foreigners dumping their pets when moving or going back home?

Owning a pet is a commitment. I am not so fond of foreigners living OS for a couple of years and getting a dog or even cat which they have to rehome when they leave. Responsible owners do all that they can to take the dog back home with them. If you are going to leave them then don't get any pets.

So many answers. 

To all the Brigitte Bardot's fan, go take care of all the sick soi dogs, tourist's elephants and tigers before explain to me how a life in an apartment with a full belly and a lot of love is a terrible life for a cat.

For all the productive answers, thank you guys. 

And for the judging answer, I couldn't care less but thank you for your participation.

I have all the info I need but please continue the debate, I'm having a good laugh ?

15 minutes ago, Dewey said:

So many answers. 

And for the judging answer, I couldn't care less but thank you for your participation.

?

Just to clarify.

Cheats or potential cheats tend to be judged on this forum.

It maintains the high level of  integrity associated with this forum

Just now, jippytum said:

I hope the management at my condo will strictly enforce the no pets rule as it was one of the reasons i purchased it.

However some people want to ignore the  rules for selfish reasons 

It's like people who complain about airplane noise after buying next to the airport.

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems many Thais just "donate" them to the nearest temple. Or just dump them on the street...

Puppies are cute then get dumped in adulthood. Even just out into the street where they spend the rest of their lives looking longingly through the gate back at their old home. 

To the OP, get a cat that likes being indoors and with people - like a Burmese or Siamese - there are several Thai breeds from which to select. Do some research. If the neighbours see you are responsible and attentive to their concerns, you will probably get away with it.

Just now, jippytum said:

I hope the management at my condo will strictly enforce the no pets rule as it was one of the reasons i purchased it.

However some people want to ignore the  rules for selfish reasons 

Not trying to start a fight. I'm just curious. why is this important to you?

9 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Condos are not a suitable environment for dogs and cats. They need space and outdoor areas.

If the OP is keen to have a pet, he should get a goldfish or hamster instead.

There are actually numerous dog breeds that are quite suited to apartment life, provided you give them a bit of exercise each day. Not all dogs need to bound around outdoors in order to enjoy life. Human companionship is the most important need.

Archived