Pet question

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Delight said:

The risk is that you will get caught.

If the cat never ever leaves your appartment -the the risk is low.

You obviously think that there is one rule for you -and a different rule for everybody else.

No, I obviously think that there is a rule for everybody and my question was: what are the risks if I get caught breaking it.

But thank you for your pointless answer ?

9 minutes ago, henry15 said:

This hangs out in the elevators.

Well if the pet hangs out in the elevators, it has only itself to blame.

I would be curious how a pet in a condo would be removed by management. That sounds like something that would require the police and some sort of court issued warrant rather than some random condo employees playing make believe SWAT team.

Depends i guess. Normally would be asked to remove the pet.

I've had 2 guinea pigs for 5 years now and security saw them several times and nobody said anything.

A dog would be a problem for sure as it makes noise. My friend has 2 cats also nobody said anything.

So it depends ? 

Something to consider is how much it Sucks to get attached to a pet and then have to get rid of it. 

Good thread question. I think that the biggest threat is actually in getting the cat into the building and to your room. If I had allegedly brought my cat to my condo, getting him upstairs would have been my main concern. As my alleged cat doesn't meow that much, once in the room, I am safe. But the alleged beast likes to hang out on the balcony looking around at everything, allegedly, so if I did have a cat in my condo, her getting spotted on the deck is my main concern, if I had a cat in my condo...allegedly. 

15 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Good thread question. I think that the biggest threat is actually in getting the cat into the building and to your room. If I had allegedly brought my cat to my condo, getting him upstairs would have been my main concern. As my alleged cat doesn't meow that much, once in the room, I am safe. But the alleged beast likes to hang out on the balcony looking around at everything, allegedly, so if I did have a cat in my condo, her getting spotted on the deck is my main concern, if I had a cat in my condo...allegedly. 

Well, a friend of mine used to live in the same condo (different building so different juristic office staff) and I used to go fed it when my friend was out of town for a night or two and he used to meow a lot but he never got any complains or problems.

The problem is the juristic staff of my building and I aren't friends so I'm pretty sure they would never be convenient with me (and they know I won't with them).

I guess I won't take the risk as I don't want to have to give away the cat.

Thanks for all the replies.

Well if the pet hangs out in the elevators, it has only itself to blame.

I would be curious how a pet in a condo would be removed by management. That sounds like something that would require the police and some sort of court issued warrant rather than some random condo employees playing make believe SWAT team.

The security will remove the pet, in our condocomple there are about 15 security people

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Depends on the condo, some will place a fine per day for as long as your pet is there. Some will cut your access to common areas if you don't remove your pet within x number of days. Really depends on how tough the management is.

Most folks are ok with cats (cats are quiet and don't need walking outside, so nobody knows anyways), as long as its not dogs that makes sounds and go in and out.

How active is your security?

In my condo there is a door with a key-pad. And a big sign "No Card - No Entry". And all the time people wait in front of that door for other people to open the door. This is next to the reception and nobody cares.

With that kind of attitude it is hard to imagine that they would do anything against pets.

I saw a guy with a small dog and one owner told me he is aware of several people with animals.

And nobody cares.

I think a pet is in most cases only a problem if the pet actually creates problems with noise, smell, whatever.

Be nice to your security guards and neighbors and nothing will happen.

I have 2 cats. No one said anything haha. They quite and clean toilet is on the balcony, had to put a cell though so they wont jump over on the pavement. I also saw some fur from within corridor and similar cells from other windows however 100% sure pets are illegal at my place.

22 hours ago, Dewey said:

Hi,

quick question about pet in condominium. It is forbidden in my condo to have a pet.

What are the risks of having one (cat) ? 

I don't rent, I'm the owner of the unit.

Thanks for the help.

Were you aware of the rule when you bought the condo? Why would you want to break the rule, have you got mice? What if another owner decided since you have a cat, why can't he have a dog? I'm glad you're not living next to me, and to answer your question the main risk is you could be scrambling at the last minute to find a home for a cat that's evicted and that your neighbors will consider you to be a dick.

I recently rented a bnb apartment for 4 weeks in the monstrous Lumpini complex in Thanyaburi near Future Park. No animals, no smoking on balconies and no alcohol for sale in the 7 eleven store below or anywhere in the complex. I had to cycle outside about a kilometer to buy booze. One day I saw a puppy belonging to some outsider running around the lawn below with screaming children fleeing from it and of course making the situation worse. I couldn't believe the puritanical, kill-joy atmosphere of the place and would never stay there again. I may not have a lot of time for my home country, Australia, but there are no restrictions on owners having pets in apartments and the government is bringing in a law giving tenants the right to keep pets. Thailand still has a lot to learn about quality of life. 

Incidentally, what does security do with the pets confiscated from owners? Toss them on the main street and leave them to fend for themselves?

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

I recently rented a bnb apartment for 4 weeks in the monstrous Lumpini complex in Thanyaburi near Future Park. No animals, no smoking on balconies and no alcohol for sale in the 7 eleven store below or anywhere in the complex. I had to cycle outside about a kilometer to buy booze. One day I saw a puppy belonging to some outsider running around the lawn below with screaming children fleeing from it and of course making the situation worse. I couldn't believe the puritanical, kill-joy atmosphere of the place and would never stay there again. I may not have a lot of time for my home country, Australia, but there are no restrictions on owners having pets in apartments and the government is bringing in a law giving tenants the right to keep pets. Thailand still has a lot to learn about quality of life. 

Incidentally, what does security do with the pets confiscated from owners? Toss them on the main street and leave them to fend for themselves?

If a building is designated 'pet friendly' that's fine, everyone know the score. But to disregard the rules in a condo IMHO is showing zero fairness to people that purchased a unit there who have assumed that the rules in place will be enforced. So, the government of Australia is going to over rule condominium laws and let people turn living spaces into a zoo? Sheeeit, and I thought Canada was f***** up. 

Being the owner of the unit, there's less risk, as there is no landlord to toss you out. As long as the cat is quiet and confined to your apartment, there's little risk of being detected.

Bear in mind dogs have masters, and cats have staff.

27 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Were you aware of the rule when you bought the condo? Why would you want to break the rule, have you got mice? What if another owner decided since you have a cat, why can't he have a dog? I'm glad you're not living next to me, and to answer your question the main risk is you could be scrambling at the last minute to find a home for a cat that's evicted and that your neighbors will consider you to be a dick.

So glad I don't live next to you....

1 minute ago, blinkers said:

Not much of a life for the cat, would you like to be locked in the house 24 hours a day for the rest of your life.

Cats actually adapt very well to a closed environment, as they can sleep for twenty hours a day. My son's cat hasn't been outside his house for over ten years because it's a killer of anything that moves. Spiders, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes are all grist to the mill.

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

No, I obviously think that there is a rule for everybody and my question was: what are the risks if I get caught breaking it.

But thank you for your pointless answer ?

Actually, it's a rather pointless question.  Any 4 year old kindergarten student would know the answer. 
"What's gonna happen if I break the rules?"   ?

Come-on - Really........And now you're offended because someone gave you the obvious answer. That rich. :clap2:

How can you be certain that the cat will be quite? My cat talks all the time, but I live in a village and own my home. Think about the cat, not yourself! Cats love to get out sometimes, not in jail. If the litter box is on the balcony, someone will complain about the smell, even if there is no smell. What will you do, if your cat is discovered, and you have to get rid of it? Throw it out in the soi, for the dogs to kill? Cats are difficult to re home, the older, the more difficult.

31 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

If a building is designated 'pet friendly' that's fine, everyone know the score. But to disregard the rules in a condo IMHO is showing zero fairness to people that purchased a unit there who have assumed that the rules in place will be enforced. So, the government of Australia is going to over rule condominium laws and let people turn living spaces into a zoo? Sheeeit, and I thought Canada was f***** up. 

Any Australian apartment owner already has the right to keep a pet. I am a professional pet sitter and in my experience staying in people's apartments, no problems seem apparent, but my observation is subjective. Condominium rules have long since been overruled by a court decision which ruled in favour of a pet owner against the body corporate. The Victorian state government is now attempting to pass legislation making pet ownership legal for tenants. That may be more problematic given renters have been subject to owner's rules. Maybe owners will just become more particular in their selection of tenants. Having a dog in an apartment or condo is a real hassle. You have to regularly take dogs out for their ablutions, including last thing at night and early in the morning. There can be the problem of the dog barking if the owner is absent in the daytime. Body corporates have I think some power to act if it's a noise issue. Cats are relatively easy to keep in apartments. 

Archived