Jump to content

BA Policy on friend paying for flight


magicroundabout

Recommended Posts

If he purchases via a travel agent, no issue at all. If he purchases via ba.com;

 

Quote

Can I buy a ticket for somebody else on ba.com?

 

Yes. If you're travelling on the same flights, you need to simply add your own name as the 'First passenger' on the 'Passenger Details' page and then the other person/people as the second passenger onwards. If you're not travelling on the booking, please make sure that the name of the person travelling is in the 'First passenger' box.

The email itinerary receipt will be sent to you (the credit card holder) and it is your responsibility to pass this onto the passenger travelling. They can check in on ba.com using Manage My Booking or at an airport desk, with their e-ticket receipt and an acceptable form of identification: UK driving licence, Executive Club membership card, passport or national identification card, company works identification card (with photo). The customer travelling will not be able to use the Self Service Kiosks at the airport.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've paid for many people's flights on BA (granted this was for Business & I was using a Corporate Credit Card) so I don't believe you'll have a problem at all (Unless trying to use airmiles in which case he'd need to be travelling with you)l.

 

Worse that would happen is they ask him to prove that he is the credit card holder (Singapore Airlines used to do this when I've booked flights for my gf, but haven't done for the past couple of years), but I honestly think what you're asking happens everyday with an airline like BA so they wouldn't bat an eye at it.

 

The bigger question is why BA!!! 

 

Joking aside ?, check out http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ for flight prices (will even let you look at nearby airports, so if you're planning to fly into LHR you can check out fights to the other London airports at the same time).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was flying from Laos I was asked to show my credit card even though I booked with my own card.

 

It was ridiculous as I didn't have this particular card with me. 

 

I'd recommend that "someone else" books with a travel agent to avoid the potential problems at the airport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I've paid for many people's flights on BA (granted this was for Business & I was using a Corporate Credit Card) so I don't believe you'll have a problem at all (Unless trying to use airmiles in which case he'd need to be travelling with you)l.

 

Worse that would happen is they ask him to prove that he is the credit card holder (Singapore Airlines used to do this when I've booked flights for my gf, but haven't done for the past couple of years), but I honestly think what you're asking happens everyday with an airline like BA so they wouldn't bat an eye at it.

 

The bigger question is why BA!!! 

 

Joking aside ?, check out http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ for flight prices (will even let you look at nearby airports, so if you're planning to fly into LHR you can check out fights to the other London airports at the same time).

 

 

Not unless they recently changed the rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for the replies my friend going to call BA. On digging into it a bit more it seems you should present your credit card. However, as said this musy happen alot so reckon there must be a way round it. 

 

We going to Edinburgh... Strangely BA is the cheapest for a one way flight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was flying from Laos I was asked to show my credit card even though I booked with my own card.
 
It was ridiculous as I didn't have this particular card with me. 
 
I'd recommend that "someone else" books with a travel agent to avoid the potential problems at the airport.

This happened to my chum. TG

Solution, they gave him a refund, which usually involves a fee (and takes weeks.)TG then sold him the same seat with another card he had in his possession. He would have been denied boarding otherwise.

This is their rule but if somebody buys a seat with a credit card in their name I’d doubt the chance of fraud is existent.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, magicroundabout said:

Cheers for the replies my friend going to call BA. On digging into it a bit more it seems you should present your credit card. However, as said this musy happen alot so reckon there must be a way round it. 

 

We going to Edinburgh... Strangely BA is the cheapest for a one way flight. 

 

Nope. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:


This happened to my chum. TG

Solution, they gave him a refund, which usually involves a fee (and takes weeks.)TG then sold him the same seat with another card he had in his possession. He would have been denied boarding otherwise.

This is their rule but if somebody buys a seat with a credit card in their name I’d doubt the chance of fraud is existent.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Nothing to do with British Airways.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what BA's procedures may be but I brought my stripper girlfriend personal assistant over from the States on SQ via Singapore. I booked and paid her flights online but had to fill in and sign an affidavit at SQ's office in Singapore. This info was 'in the system' and allowed her to check-in and travel without having to dick about with credit cards. Maybe BA has something similar where the OP's friend paying for it needs to present themselves at a BA office?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 
Nothing to do with British Airways.

It is relevant as it appears to be the policy of certain airlines. It is also the policy of Korean Air, if one books from Thai IP., but not from Korea or US in( my experience). The last time I booked a flight on KE had no choice but to go to CNX to pay, burdensome and onerous, as it turned out there was no way to accept an online payment from Thailand due to a cumbersome and unique procedure imposed by KE call center.

Thailand, hub of online scams.

Those who pay with CC online are cautioned to bring the card used to the airport. A nugget referenced in the fine print one does not often read .
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not sure what BA's procedures may be but I brought my stripper girlfriend personal assistant over from the States on SQ via Singapore. I booked and paid her flights online but had to fill in and sign an affidavit at SQ's office in Singapore. This info was 'in the system' and allowed her to check-in and travel without having to dick about with credit cards. Maybe BA has something similar where the OP's friend paying for it needs to present themselves at a BA office?

Yep did that several times busing the (ex)GF over from Philippines, but for the past 3-4 years they've not bothered. I don't know if it's because they've changed policy or they've already got my details on file.

 

But with BA I (well our team PA) used my Corporate Card several times to pay for my team's flights & never had a problem.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:


It is relevant as it appears to be the policy of certain airlines. It is also the policy of Korean Air, if one books from Thai IP., but not from Korea or US in( my experience). The last time I booked a flight on KE had no choice but to go to CNX to pay, burdensome and onerous, as it turned out there was no way to accept an online payment from Thailand due to a cumbersome and unique procedure imposed by KE call center.

Thailand, hub of online scams.

Those who pay with CC online are cautioned to bring the card used to the airport. A nugget referenced in the fine print one does not often read .

 

It's definitely the policy of some airlines, when booking directly with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It never occurred to me that there might be a problem.

I live in Thailand ..my Ex lives in Ireland...I have booked and paid for her air fare quite a few times through the Internet with my credit card. Used various airlines including BA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your friend is paying for Internet flight with a credit card there is a confirmation de cumene on the sight to fill in. Or go to  a BA  office and explain. Your friend will need to show the credit card and sign a doc.

If the ticket was booked at a travel agency no problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many airlines have similar provisions, but from my experience if the flight was booked well in advance it isn't an issue. I suspect the policy is more likely to be enforced when the ticket was purchased a few days in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Belzybob said:

Many airlines have similar provisions, but from my experience if the flight was booked well in advance it isn't an issue. I suspect the policy is more likely to be enforced when the ticket was purchased a few days in advance.

 

True. I once booked a domestic flight on THAI just a couple of days in advance and was asked for my card, which I didn't have with me. They were not going to let me fly until I asked for a supervisor and she reluctantly bent the rules as I was a Gold member. I think three days or less is the rule when they want to see the card. Just something that never occurred to me. I made the booking on my card and I was flying - what's the problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2018 at 6:04 AM, magicroundabout said:

Cheers for the replies my friend going to call BA. On digging into it a bit more it seems you should present your credit card. However, as said this musy happen alot so reckon there must be a way round it. 

 

We going to Edinburgh... Strangely BA is the cheapest for a one way flight. 

They could require you to show the credit card used for the booking if that is how your friend does the booking. It does not matter whether you book through a travel agent or directly. The way round it is to send a photocopy of said card showing first 4 numbers only and the main page of the passport of the card owner to BA. This will prevent any problems when you book in for the flight. Better safe than sorry. Or to really make life even easier, send the fare  to you via Western Union or whichever and you make the booking from here.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2018 at 8:20 PM, KneeDeep said:

If he purchases via a travel agent, no issue at all. If he purchases via ba.com;

 

 

I have had to send a photocopy of my card showing first 4 numbers and a photocopy of my passport even when using a travel agent. And another friend who used an agent failed to do this, not knowing the small print, and landed up having to pay for another flight. That was with Qatar and mine was with  Air India.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, worrab said:

They could require you to show the credit card used for the booking if that is how your friend does the booking. It does not matter whether you book through a travel agent or directly. The way round it is to send a photocopy of said card showing first 4 numbers only and the main page of the passport of the card owner to BA. This will prevent any problems when you book in for the flight. Better safe than sorry. Or to really make life even easier, send the fare  to you via Western Union or whichever and you make the booking from here.   

First or last 4 numbers? Only the 1st 4 numbers just show what kind of card it is (Visa, MCard, Amex etc...) so pretty useless as evidence

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, worrab said:

I have had to send a photocopy of my card showing first 4 numbers and a photocopy of my passport even when using a travel agent. And another friend who used an agent failed to do this, not knowing the small print, and landed up having to pay for another flight. That was with Qatar and mine was with  Air India.

 

We are writing about British Airways. ? 

Apart from that, the friend will likely be using a UK based agent since they are in the UK, not a dodgy Thailand one. So no card and passport copy nonsense. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, worrab said:

They could require you to show the credit card used for the booking if that is how your friend does the booking. It does not matter whether you book through a travel agent or directly. The way round it is to send a photocopy of said card showing first 4 numbers only and the main page of the passport of the card owner to BA. This will prevent any problems when you book in for the flight. Better safe than sorry. Or to really make life even easier, send the fare  to you via Western Union or whichever and you make the booking from here.   

 

Rubbish. 

Answers from people with no experience of travelling with BA. Totally ignoring the advice even from the British Airways website. Ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

 

Rubbish. 

Answers from people with no experience of travelling with BA. Totally ignoring the advice even from the British Airways website. Ridiculous.

I have actually travelled with BA. I am just giving an opinion and telling them to play safe as it can go wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

First or last 4 numbers? Only the 1st 4 numbers just show what kind of card it is (Visa, MCard, Amex etc...) so pretty useless as evidence

They only require the first 4. I do not know why.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, worrab said:

I have actually travelled with BA. I am just giving an opinion and telling them to play safe as it can go wrong. 

 

No. Your advice is wrong. Plain and simple. The conditions are as stated on the BA website. During the booking you are asked if the cardholder is travelling.

If booking via a travel agent, the travel agent uses their own method of payment. There is no need for the traveller to present the agent's payment method..

 

The OP asked about British Airways. Your advice is simply general.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...