Another 'novice Needs Help' Post

StickKettleOn

This is probably a very basic thing but I am stuck. WOuld really appreciate any help.

I have downloaded a couple things from U Torrent, and watched movies with sucsess. I just speant 15 hours downloading something but cant get it to plac in my VLC player.

The filed has downloaded as two folers.... cd1 and cd2. In each folder there is around 50 win war files. I usualy just get one file when i recieve a download, not this many. Usualy when i recieve a file I drag it inot my VLC player and it extracts, then plays. This just aint having it.

Am i missing something?

Thanks Simmo. yep i downloaded winrar last week and have been using it. I have extracted the files to one folder (cd1.rar). Noiw in this folder, i have cdr1 through to cdr50. 50 files and thats just for cd1. cd2 is another 50. i usualy just get one for a movie.

So i drag the first one over to movie player, and it plays that file which is the first minute of the movie. When i try and drag the second one of 50 over, it wont play.

Noiw in this folder, i have cdr1 through to cdr50. 50 files and thats just for cd1. cd2 is another 50. i usualy just get one for a movie.

Right click and drag one of the 50 files into the same folder and then select "Extract here". That will extract the movie file in the rar archives.

I think the guy managed to unrar the files but then he was left with 50 parts, each one playing for 1 minute. I have had movies like this before. They just need to be joined together into one file, you can use a DOS box and the join command but much easier to use a free programme called hjsplit. This will split files or join them automaticaly.

Chris