Airport limo with foreign couple overturns going downtown from Don Muang

rooster59

Airport limo with foreign couple overturns going downtown from Don Muang

donm.JPG

Image: Daily News

An Italian man and his wife were fortunate to escape serious injury after a limousine service they were using from Don Muang airport overturned on Viphavadee-Rangsit Road last night. 

Four vehicles were involved in the pile up - an Isuzu Mu-7, D-Max and Vigo pick-ups and the Toyota Camry limo. 

Pol Lt Pamon-ek Bunanan of Viphavadee police and the Poh Teck Tung rescue service attended the scene near the entrance to the tollway at Chang Wattana. They found the limo on its roof blocking two lanes.

A man and a woman were taken to hospital with minor injuries. An Italian man declined hospital treatment.

Limo driver Methee Ruamyart, 49, said he had picked up the foreign couple from Don Muang airport and was taking them to a hotel in Rama 9.

It had been raining since evening, he said. Two vehicles ahead collided with each other and the barrier causing him to brake suddenly. He was then shunted from behind making his vehicle overturn. 

Police are studying CCTV to get to the bottom of who was responsible.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-15

donm2.JPG

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just was reading that those Taxi/ Limo drivers want to charge more money... pffff...

Yea, Its because where else in the world can you expect a "Carnival type ride" from the airport to your hotel.with the possibility of rolling your vehicle.

7 hours ago, johncat1 said:

If he had been driving to suit the conditions it would not have happened ...... Rain ?  What rain ?  Thais drive at the same speed no matter what the conditions ... Foot hard down 

STRONGLY disagree,

heavy rains, the speed in LoS is significantly reduced,

as opposed to in most places in US and Europe

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Ok, ask a driver here how much longer does it take to stop when it's raining? If you get anything more than a blank look my gast will never have been so flabbered. ???

what I experience in LoS over and over is that when it starts raining the speed on the main roads go down dramatically and causes traf jams

this I do not experience to the same extent in the US and in Europe

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

what I experience in LoS over and over is that when it starts raining the speed on the main roads go down dramatically and causes traf jams

this I do not experience to the same extent in the US and in Europe

Try on the 'motorway' when it's not full of traffic and a heavy rain shower hits. Safe speed might be 50/60 kph max and you will see them go past at 100 plus. The rain doesn't slow them down, that's why in the rain you see a 5/6/7 vehicle multi rear end job all the time.

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Try on the 'motorway' when it's not full of traffic and a heavy rain shower hits. Safe speed might be 50/60 kph max and you will see them go past at 100 plus. The rain doesn't slow them down, that's why in the rain you see a 5/6/7 vehicle multi rear end job all the time.

well,

after years of driving here that is not what I see

I see rain --> traf jam

maybe we drive on different roads

24 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

What I experience in Bahn Nork when it rains is all the pesky 2-wheel muppets tend to bugger off and hide so it's a lot easier to joust and win against the remaining, speeding 4-wheel muppets.

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

well,

after years of driving here that is not what I see

I see rain --> traf jam

maybe we drive on different roads

Put any young Thai driver in a 100+ bhp limo or even an older driver and it's like handing your 5 year old a loaded hand gun.

The only way all over the world that road deaths and injuries are going to be stopped or drastically reduced is when the systems and controls that actually work to make all cars self driving with no option for the driver to take control are in place. I'm happy that I'll be long gone before that comes about.

Archived