New aquarium at central

Badrabbit

36 minutes ago, thaibutty said:

Because Siam Ocean World in Bangkok also has dual pricing, as has literally every single attraction in Thailand, except a few that are run by foreigners.

I see, a valid argument. The Siam Ocean World website seems to be open about the dual (actual tripple, Chinese pay in USD?) pricing. Though when I click on Thai, I also get the foreigner prices. Pretty amazing how broken all these websites are. I guess we'll see when it opens. So far, the 1400 THB price is way too high for me to want to go there. I'd only consider it for taking my niece there.

My guess is the ticket prices will be 1,400 baht at the counter no matter your nationality.

If you want to go cheaper ask your Thai gf/wife to scout some Thai discount sites (Facebook, Pantip, Line) and you can probably get the "Thai price".

Some time ago we also went to the one in Paragon with a hefty discount, my wife got the tickets from some "pre-order deal group" where they ask the group members how many items they want and then negotiate with the venue to buy a bunch of tickets at once at a discount. Similar groups are available for many products by the way, especially for childrens stuff there are thousands where they cut out the middle man and negotiate with the importer/producer directly.

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

My guess is the ticket prices will be 1,400 baht at the counter no matter your nationality.

If you want to go cheaper ask your Thai gf/wife to scout some Thai discount sites (Facebook, Pantip, Line) and you can probably get the "Thai price".

Some time ago we also went to the one in Paragon with a hefty discount, my wife got the tickets from some "pre-order deal group" where they ask the group members how many items they want and then negotiate with the venue to buy a bunch of tickets at once at a discount. Similar groups are available for many products by the way, especially for childrens stuff there are thousands where they cut out the middle man and negotiate with the importer/producer directly.

I have been to Siam Ocean World at Siam Paragon in Bangkok three times over the last 10 years and as I went there with my Thai wife we paid the Thai price every single time. I had to show Thai driving license, spoke to them politely in Thai. So no problem there.

But the counter price is definitely considerably lower for Thais than foreigners.

1. Am sure that travel agents will have tickets for under 1,000 baht and mark them up,  so if u know a travel agent.....

2.  Will tickets be stamped, Thai/Farang? If so will they allow a farang to enter with a thai ticket?

3. IF its dual pricing i suggest EVERYONE Boycott central!!!

10 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

1. Am sure that travel agents will have tickets for under 1,000 baht and mark them up,  so if u know a travel agent.....

2.  Will tickets be stamped, Thai/Farang? If so will they allow a farang to enter with a thai ticket?

3. IF its dual pricing i suggest EVERYONE Boycott central!!!

can you stop spamming nonsense. Every country's tourist attraction has lower prices for locals. Some even have discounts for seniors that lived during the easiest time to accumulate wealth.

Thailand isnt doing anything wrong. Stop being a cry baby, thank you.

14 hours ago, bearpolar said:

can you stop spamming nonsense. Every country's tourist attraction has lower prices for locals. Some even have discounts for seniors that lived during the easiest time to accumulate wealth.

Thailand isnt doing anything wrong. Stop being a cry baby, thank you.

Maybe it happens where you live but you will not find it in any European country.

Sometimes they have a discount for the residents for the place where the attraction is but nothing more then that.

Senior discounts can't be compared with this.

I live here on PR and pay my taxes (more then most Thai people) and speak Thai but i'm also discriminated.

Dual pricing as used in Thailand is just racist against other peoples background. Clear and simple.

On 9/20/2018 at 7:36 PM, bearpolar said:

can you stop spamming nonsense. Every country's tourist attraction has lower prices for locals.

Nonsense.

In my home country they solved it in a much nicer way, something the Thais could learn from:

The zoo costs about 20 euros entrance, but you can get a year of free entrances for 80 euros.

No way a tourist who stays for a week will go to the same zoo 4 times or more, so they just buy the 1-entrance tickets, while people who live in the country can buy the 1-year ticket and pay a much lower price on average. Just to point out: everybody can buy the 1-year ticket for the same price, no matter the color of your skin.

Result: locals can go in for a much lower price IF they go a lot. Tourists still pay the full price. The zoo makes extra money because no local would go to the zoo every quarter if they had to pay the full price. So its a win-win (especially given that the cost of an extra visitor for the zoo is around zero, so all they want is more visitors).

On 9/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, merijn said:

Maybe it happens where you live but you will not find it in any European country.

Sometimes they have a discount for the residents for the place where the attraction is but nothing more then that.

Senior discounts can't be compared with this.

I live here on PR and pay my taxes (more then most Thai people) and speak Thai but i'm also discriminated.

Dual pricing as used in Thailand is just racist against other peoples background. Clear and simple.

Ok, think what you want and move back to non-racist countries that are filled with non residents killing their culture and quality of life

then you can be happy right?

The harder thailand makes it for foreigners, the better it is. That way the idiots stay out and thailand stays thai.

On 9/17/2018 at 3:22 AM, sebastion said:

Well do they have dual pricing?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

No - they don't have dual pricing.

My daughter and her friends (all 100% Thai) went at about the time they first opened. They couldn't believe it was 1,500 baht.

Needless to say they passed.

No - they don't have dual pricing.
My daughter and her friends (all 100% Thai) went at about the time they first opened. They couldn't believe it was 1,500 baht.
Needless to say they passed.
aquaria opened/open..!!??? ah...thats funny.. i went 2 days ago there to check it out.. at g/,ground level or however they call it and staff/people told me not open yet, will be next year/in january!!? 555 555 maybe they having more than one aquaria/new central floresta here!!?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, flip said:

aquaria opened/open..!!??? ah...thats funny.. i went 2 days ago there to check it out.. at g/,ground level or however they call it and staff/people told me not open yet, will be next year/in january!!? 555 555 maybe they having more than one aquaria/new central floresta here!!?

He probably ment when the new Central opened...

Archived