Proof of Freelance Income with Visitor Visa

Hey all,

I was hoping someone wiser than myself would be able to help with a couple of questions about a UK sponsored visitor visa application.

Firstly, as I will be financing this trip I will provide proof of funds in a bank account - is it better to put all of this in one account? Is that necessary?

More importantly, I work as a freelance journalist, and my freewheelin' lifestyle takes me between Thailand and the UK.

I have occasionally completed pieces of work while in the Kingdom (on a tourist visa) and have done so a fair bit over the past few months while I have been here living mostly off savings.

I am aware this is a legal grey area, so will it be damaging to mention it on the Visa application?

Perhaps my professional life won't be that much of an issue if I can provide proof of sufficient funds to finance a trip to the UK (20k GBP)?

thanks very much for anyone kind enough to help,

Cheers

K

11 hours ago, SentimentalGentleman said:

Firstly, as I will be financing this trip I will provide proof of funds in a bank account - is it better to put all of this in one account? Is that necessary?

No, it does not matter if the funds for the trip are in more than one account.

But you do need to provide evidence that you have the funds. If the money in one account is sufficient, then just statements from that account; if using money from more than one account, then provide statements for all those you are using.

11 hours ago, SentimentalGentleman said:

Perhaps my professional life won't be that much of an issue if I can provide proof of sufficient funds to finance a trip to the UK (20k GBP)?

As rasg says, as you will be funding the trip from your savings, there is no need to provide any evidence of your income. Though you should mention your work and travels in your sponsor's letter.

So your gonna tell the Thai consul You worked illegally in Thailand?

No professional journalist would ever mention freelance international Journalism activities (without a Journalism Visa) to officials of a foreign government.

They might string you along to find out what you wrote and who or what institution you may have criticized to put you on a list “persona non grata” and bar from entry.

On 9/18/2018 at 4:41 AM, FritsSikkink said:
On 9/18/2018 at 3:56 AM, theoldgit said:

I realise that, but the question is in respect of whether doing so would affect his sponsorship of a UK Visa.

Not very likely. The UK representative most likely wouldn't have any interest on what sort of visa he was when in Thailand.

The various UK representatives in Thailand, ambassador, consuls, embassy staff etc., play no part in UK visa applications and so would have absolutey no interst at all.

As said

On 9/18/2018 at 3:52 AM, theoldgit said:

he's going to provide details of his income to an Entry Clearance Officer, employed by the UKVI and based in India

Unless the sponsor lives in Thailand with the applicant and they are using this as evidence of the applicant's intention to return then there is no need for the sponsor to provide evidence of their Thai visa; or even for the sponsor to have a Thai visa!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived