Tesla's Musk is sued for calling British Thai cave rescuer pedophile

webfact

$75,000 USD is to Musk like 10 baht is to us...NOTHING. He will prob just pay it and move on. The diver should have gone for $1 million...and that doesn't make even a tiny dent in Musk's $20 billion net worth. :coffee1:

Edited by Skeptic7

17 hours ago, eastendanto said:

You have to wonder about Musk's state of mind to get entrenched in something so minuscule to the world he deals with on a daily basis...that said he does seem to be in meltdown with Tesla, alienating the board, his share holders, his car owners....it's as though he's on a self serving suicide mission to wreck the company along with himself

I'm not sure. Sometimes the very best, most successful people end up alienating almost everyone else. When you're at the top, like he is, it's not the same popularity contest that regular people engage in. 

I feel no desire to kick him just because he's unpopular at the moment. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JeffreyO said:

Really?  Show me dates/times with valid sources because until then I call nonsense.  I followed the story through and through and I know that what you're saying is wrong.

If you've followed the whole story through and through, then you must have read the Buzzfeed article since it is the source of Musk's most egregiously libellous comments and provides the basis for the majority of the allegedly false claims referenced in the lawsuit.

From that article it is quite clear that the statements from the other divers defending and lauding Unsworth, were in direct response to Musk's email of August 18 (which is shown in full, with the date clearly visible, in the article) since some of their comments are couched in the form of a refutation of Musk's claims in that email.

Elon Musk accusations

• Like 2

The amount is 'at least $75,000' and for 'unspecified punitive damages'.

Think million$ for punitive damages.

BTW, the $75k is the minimum for lawsuits US Federal Courts, in which this suit is filed.

Read the suit for yourself, all 65 pages: https://www.scribd.com/document/388811025/2018-09-17-Complaint-for-Defamation-Stamped-Filed-Copy-Unsworth-v-Musk

• Like 2

$75,000 USD is to Musk like 10 baht is to us...NOTHING. He will prob just pay it and move on. The diver should have gone for $1 million...and that doesn't make even a tiny dent in Musk's $20 billion net worth. :coffee1:

like 10 baht is to us...NOTHING.......are you serious, have you not read the thread on Morrisons (uk supermarket) supplying TL store. Believe me, reading that thread 10BHT is MASSIVE[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, stevemac said:

Being accused of being a pedo and taking 12yo child bride goes far beyond hurt feelings. Damaged reputation and possible alienation/ vigilantism if people believe it

I told a Hells Angel he was a <deleted>, he just Laughed. Ever wished you said nothing at all.?.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, stevemac said:

Being accused of being a pedo and taking 12yo child bride goes far beyond hurt feelings. Damaged reputation and possible alienation/ vigilantism if people believe it

Believing internet content and conducting vigilantism based on that content is folly for idiot savants. Not dissimilar to the drooling masses that watch BBC, FOX, CNN and base their life and vomiting opinions on those media outlets.

Musk retorted "pedo guy" not pedophile.

This concludes the lesson, your welcome.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I thought that Musk said Pedro, thinking Unsworth was Mexican.  As for the latest Buzzfeed article I see nothing directly naming Unsworth of these things, just some comments taken out of context.  No diff from what many posters say about Thais in diff context perhaps but the same same.

And consider Unsworth's comment saying Musk should stick it where it hurts, which most folks would interpret as implying his a##, therefore implying that Musk would like to do so.  I think for a lot of people, being told that or told "<deleted>#k you" are phrases  would construe as a comment on their sexuality.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, IraqRon said:

I thought that Musk said Pedro, thinking Unsworth was Mexican.  As for the latest Buzzfeed article I see nothing directly naming Unsworth of these things, just some comments taken out of context.  No diff from what many posters say about Thais in diff context perhaps but the same same.

And consider Unsworth's comment saying Musk should stick it where it hurts, which most folks would interpret as implying his a##, therefore implying that Musk would like to do so.  I think for a lot of people, being told that or told "<deleted>#k you" are phrases  would construe as a comment on their sexuality.  

You seem to have problems reading and/or interpreting the written word. Firstly, if you thought Musk said 'Pedro' because he thought Unsworth was Mexican then I reckon that puts you in a minority of one.

As for the BuzzFeed article, it starts by saying:

BuzzFeed News first emailed Musk last Wednesday to ask for comment regarding a legal threat made by Unsworth’s lawyer in August after the Tesla CEO renewed his apparently evidenceless criticism of the rescuer in a Twitter argument the day before. Musk responded without addressing the substance of the legal threat. BuzzFeed News followed up twice, once on Wednesday and once on Thursday, and Musk responded with two separate emails.

Even if the first email Musk sent didn't directly reference Unsworth by name, the second one did and anyway, both of Musk's emails were in reply to requests for comment on Unsworth in the first place.

As for the phrase used by Unsworth, I doubt that most people would interpret it as you suggest - but if they did, they would be wrong. As both myself and others have pointed out, it is used to express disdain for an idea and is not meant to be taken literally, as can be seen from the fact that it is more usually used in relation to concepts or abstract ideas (e.g. independence or a wedding) rather than physical objects.

Even with the reference to Musk's submarine, nobody with even an ounce of common sense could imagine for a moment that it was being seriously suggested that Musk could or should physically insert a 1.7m long device, large enough to contain a small adult, into his rectum.

I would say that for me, it was an unnecessarily insulting and gratuitous remark from Unsworth. However it does not come even close to justifying Musk calling him a paedophile, a child rapist and lying about him having a child bride.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

For the benefit of all those who might have been in doubt about what he meant, he followed it up with the unequivocal clarification "child rapist". 

The business magnate should have chosen his words better, pompus big mouth would have sufficed.

• Like 1

True, and he never use the word pedophile. This is just another example of people twisting words around. Pedo guy is not the same as pedophile. It's just a bunch of numpties drawing their own conclusions. To suit their own interest. Once again, the circus legal system will benefit and the scumbag lawyers.

• Confused 1

No, but neither would i be rude to anther chap who offered Help, would You.?.
There's a big distinction here.
On the one hand someone thinks someone's idea of help sucks and is unhelpful, so tells them to stick it where the sun don't shine. Despite all the melodrama it's not a sexual instruction it's a figure of speech. Rude maybe, but someone needs to 'big up.
On the other hand someone is first referred to as pedo, which regardless of some interpretations on here I'm sure 99% of us know the implication. This is then backed up by further accusation and clarification of meaning.
Massive difference in the two scenarios above. And who knows maybe there is some truth to (some of)it or maybe not. Only time will tell.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 1:06 AM, car720 said:

I have had to shake hands with 4 ex wives as they left with all my money so my life has been turned upside down more often than a pair of panties in a cat house.  

You can perhaps be forgiven for the first, and a generous person might let you off on the second.  But the third was really dumb, and the 4th?  Why did you keep getting married?

A follow up subject to some of the cave rescue team.

Back to reality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-45588253

Members of a team which helped rescue 12 boys and their coach from a flooded cave in Thailand have rescued a sheep stuck 25ft underground for three weeks.

The mission was launched after hikers reported hearing desperate bleating sounds coming from a hole in the Brecon Beacons on Sunday.

A crew from the South and Mid Wales Cave Rescue Team was scrambled, but the weather was too poor.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Like 2