The next banking crash?

On 9/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, Brunolem said:

Here is an interesting documentary about the new British "empire".

You can watch without your hat...

I could only watch a bit of the video at this time but will finish watching later.

Interesting to me that this was a self funded project.     I saw nothing about the person who wrote or produced the video.   (I didn't check at the end of the video.   Maybe it's there.)   I'd like to know what the person's motivation was.

I have only marginal awareness of the London corporation thing  as it was nothing I leaned about while I was in school eons ago.

But when I see a documentary such as this I begin to give more credence to the idea of the existence of an illuminati.   

"I don't know anyone who has systematically studied the corporation of London and its impact on policy or economic policy".      

Scary.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

It just cracked me up. Imagine a world where banks have taken all your money, pension, social security etc. and zombies are roaming on the streets. Cheers. Nothing is going to happen. ????

Brick and mortar banks in well regulated markets are not likely to do such things, but it did happen in Russia after the collapse of the Soviet union. I worked in Russia in the '90 and many of our local staff said they had lost all their savings.

Similar in China, the shadow banking peer-to-peer platform are dropping like flies and people walk away with nothing.

15 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Ohhh boy, thanks for sharing. It is starting to make sense why the Chinese navy do frequent visits to west Africa.

Neo-colonization seem to be in full swing.

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Ohhh boy, thanks for sharing. It is starting to make sense why the Chinese navy do frequent visits to west Africa.

Neo-colonization seem to be in full swing.

At least China is paying money to colonize not doing it at the gun points as our ancestors from Europe did.  If 20th century was for Europeans, 21st century is going to be for Asians (mainly China and India).  Why only one continent will have monopoly of colonization for perpetuity? 

6 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Which is why they are so desperate to keep on building in neighboring countries...roads, railways, airports, you name it...countries that don't need them, but China needs to use its building overcapacity somewhere!

It's a different kind of unbriddled growth as in the 1980s Japan, but it will end in the same way, or probably worse...

i dont see many poor japanese folks around.

6 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Just consider a homeless bum and a monk, both poor, yet in a very different way...

not to forget the poor millionaires suffering from headaches deciding whether to use the Ferrari, the Lamborghini or the Rolls with the driver when going golfing. 

5 hours ago, Naam said:

not to forget the poor millionaires suffering from headaches deciding whether to use the Ferrari, the Lamborghini or the Rolls with the driver when going golfing. 

Easy choice - clubs won't fit in the first 2 and if you are taking the mia, or picking her up...........:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Sobering long term view of Thailand. Not the special snow flake it use to be, among investors.

"In many ways, Thailand is Southeast Asia’s Japan — burdened with an aging population and with a stock market that recaptured its 1994 high only this year. Only 38 percent of the Thai population is under the age of 30, compared with around 50 percent for neighbors Indonesia and Vietnam."

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-19/thailand-s-no-beach-party-for-foreign-investors

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Sobering long term view of Thailand. Not the special snow flake it use to be, among investors.

"In many ways, Thailand is Southeast Asia’s Japan — burdened with an aging population and with a stock market that recaptured its 1994 high only this year. Only 38 percent of the Thai population is under the age of 30, compared with around 50 percent for neighbors Indonesia and Vietnam."

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-19/thailand-s-no-beach-party-for-foreign-investors

annual growth around 5% to go with the best performing currency in asia,unemployment about zero its not doing to badly imo,add on the benefits of the black economy and stupid falangs getting fleeced its doing just fine.

2 hours ago, bomber said:

annual growth around 5% to go with the best performing currency in asia,unemployment about zero its not doing to badly imo,add on the benefits of the black economy and stupid falangs getting fleeced its doing just fine.

They just adjusted the annually growth in GDP down to 4.2 %. Thailand is doing OK to good, but not as good as the region in general. The golden years are over and it is starting to show in the NPL + SM (special mention) loans.

2995434.jpg

On 9/19/2018 at 12:15 PM, jippytum said:

Some time ago it was proposed that the bank Guarantee on savings accounts in Thailand would be reduced from unlimited to one million baht per account .There was a lot of opposition to the reduction proposal and i understood the reduced limit of one million was never published in the Royal Gazette and deferred.Could anyone please advise the current guarantee applicable .

Thanks    

From  what I have read  that is already the case. One million guarantee for 1 account. Splitting deposits in the same  name up to one million  does not provide protection. I assume that means  the Central Bank has the capacity to  know that.

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

Show me  I am wrong.

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/deposits-insurance.asp

Up to 10 August 2016 deposits were protected up to 25 million baht.
Thereafter, protection will be in place for 15 million baht in deposits between Aug 11, 2016 and Aug 10, 2018; for 10 million between Aug 11, 2018 and Aug 10, 2019; for 5 million between Aug 11, 2019 and Aug 10, 2020; and for 1 million by Aug 11, 2020.

http://www.dpa.or.th/ewt_news.php?nid=320&filename=index___EN

image.png.d1afdd90d9b0c9fb56bf8aa3853a145b.png

Some inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed. 

A troll post and a reply removed as well. 

Another inflammatory/insulting post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Archived