Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI investigation before she will testify - lawyer

webfact

4 minutes ago, Slip said:

"False" was the wrong word to use.  'The accusations would be shown to be baseless' would be a better way to put it, at which point the accused would be vindicated.  I can't see that a false accuser would want that to happen.

This accuser isn't concerned about vindication of accused. she'll still be praised for her courage and believed even if kavanaugh is "vindicated" 

She is an activist, a comrade in the resistance. 

the goal is postpone till after midterms so the dems can reject kavanaugh if they get majority. motive.

Explains the wait till the week before. standard operating procedure in politics.

truth or falsehood of accusation is irrelevant.

simple as that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

"trump" fans like their dear leader seem to have a strong affinity for insane conspiracy theories. No surprise from a political movement that started based on the racist "birther" lie. 

Next thing you know, you'll be telling us that Trump actually promoted the birther nonsense. I know, I know,  I've gone too far with that one.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

How does the fact (assuming above is actually true) that someone went to parties “impeach her (...) claims” that she was sexually assaulted at one of those parties? Wouldn’t it have to be the other way round; her claims of sexual assault at a high school party would be impeached if someone found she actually never went to any party. 

That quote wasn't mine personally. I made a personal remark above it.

>Specially for you; just in the news: (though this doesn't prove that K didn't do it or she didn't seduce him or any other scenario)< Hope that answers your question.

The goal may well be Resistance. That doesn’t mean the accusation isn’t true.

The thing here is that it is invariably the wrongly accused that, as the aggrieved party, demands an investigation to clear their name. It is highly unlikely that a *false* accuser be the one asking for an investigation.

There are people, notably among GOP senators who will continue to support Kavanaugh even if the accusation turns out to be true. That is their prerogative. Equally, many will continue to oppose his nomination (for other reasons) even if the accusation turns put to be false.

Either way, the truth needs to come out for the following reason:
As a judge with a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land, this cloud should not hang over him as it opens him up to blackmail when some entity (on the Right OR Left) need his deciding vote in a matter of huge national consequence. (And all matters reaching the Supreme Court generally are of huge consequence).

The truth also needs to come out because the truth matters and because the aggrieved party, whoever it turns out to be, deserves that satisfaction.

Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Do you want a sexual predator as SCOTUS? Do you want a SCOTUS who’s carrying an accusation of sexual attacks with him that have never been cleared?

Because if not, you should support that this accusation is being properly investigated, apart from the woman’s situation herself. 

Anyways, I think damage has already been done. K will IMO withdraw. I mean he is tainted for life now and that is probably the whole setup.

Ok

The truth was decided. 36 years ago when she and others didn’t pursue this .Now the activist have the victim and they are exploiting their sick pathetic cause to no ends.There is no incident to investigate,The state can’t proceed, the statue has expired many years ago .

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Since we’re purely speculating, I wouldn’t be surprised if a video emerges showing Kavanaugh committing unspeakable acts with a gerbil on top of a horse dressed as a unicorn with a dildo for a horn.

I'd like to nominate you for best diverse alternative SF script writer for next fanta movies to come.

He probably did it. Not enough to convict in court but more than enough to deny him the scotus seat.

It will be better for the democrats if they do seat him so enough with the conspiracy theories. Talking about the passion of the backlash from women.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-should-we-believe-kavanaugh/2018/09/20/5aa24980-bd05-11e8-be70-52bd11fe18af_story.html

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why should we believe Kavanaugh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, riclag said:

The truth was decided. 36 years ago when she and others didn’t pursue this .Now the activist have the victim and they are exploiting their sick pathetic cause to no ends.There is no incident to investigate,The state can’t proceed, the statue has expired many years ago .

36 years ago, the  world was a different place. Even today, the vast majority of sexual assaults go unreported, even when the victim is an accomplished woman, let alone a 15 year old girl.

Her not reporting it then doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Also, there is no statute of limitation on rape and sexual assault in many states, including Maryland.

“The cause”— if there is one here—is not a “sick pathetic” one; it is to prevent the lifetime appointment of an insufficiently vetted and possibly unsuitable nominee to the highest court in the country.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

Anyways, I think damage has already been done. K will IMO withdraw. I mean he is tainted for life now and that is probably the whole setup.

I do not hope to be right, but I think he will not withdraw and he *will* be appointed. The GOP has the votes and this seat is one of the main reasons they (and the evangelicals) have held their noses and tolerated a president they privately detest. If so, I suspect Dr Ford will persue the matter in Maryland where there is no statute of limitation for such assaults and, for the first time, a sitting Spureme Court Justice will be under investigation for rape. It will be a shameful state of affairs for The United States.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Well "trump" reserve on this issue has finally broken. Yet another totally horrific, totally misogynist tweet from the sleazeball super troll con man president.

Reading the responses he is getting on twitter to this tweet, he is getting absolutely hammered at 10 to 1 ratio

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thakkar said:

When the girl is drunk—she got herself into the mess, she shouldn’t have been a drunk slut.

When the boy is drunk—he didn’t know what he was doing, so shouldn’t be punished.

When a woman says, “he raped me a long time ago” she’s told: why drag up the past, it was so long ago.

When a girl says, “he raped me last night” she’s told: don’t ruin his future, he’s just a kid.

+ " Elite white men like Brett Kavanaugh (and of course Donald Trump) represent white male privilege and entitlement on steroids. If confirmed to the Supreme Court, Kavanaugh will be the White Male Privilege Affluenza Justice. White boys are apparently engaging in "adolescent indiscretions" when they are accused of committing a crime. Black and brown boys are allowed no such safe harbor. White men are infantilized in America; black boys and men are pathologized in America."

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/19/brett-kavanaugh-is-a-blend-of-toxic-male-privilege-and-affluenza-a-perfect-fit-for-donald-trump/

22 minutes ago, Opl said:

+ " Elite white men like Brett Kavanaugh (and of course Donald Trump) represent white male privilege and entitlement on steroids. If confirmed to the Supreme Court, Kavanaugh will be the White Male Privilege Affluenza Justice. White boys are apparently engaging in "adolescent indiscretions" when they are accused of committing a crime. Black and brown boys are allowed no such safe harbor. White men are infantilized in America; black boys and men are pathologized in America."

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/19/brett-kavanaugh-is-a-blend-of-toxic-male-privilege-and-affluenza-a-perfect-fit-for-donald-trump/

Sorry ,I don't see black brown or white colors involved in this.If your referring to the  racist beginnings of the democratic party ,that's another discussion but  this   topic is about wanting the FBI to investigate a claim from 36 years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Sorry ,I don't see black brown or white colors involved in this.If your referring to the  racist beginnings of the democratic party ,that's another discussion but  this   topic is about wanting the FBI to investigate a claim from 36 years ago.

Or the Democrats' abandonment of it and the Republicans' embrace of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Thakkar said:

I do not hope to be right, but I think he will not withdraw and he *will* be appointed. The GOP has the votes and this seat is one of the main reasons they (and the evangelicals) have held their noses and tolerated a president they privately detest. If so, I suspect Dr Ford will persue the matter in Maryland where there is no statute of limitation for such assaults and, for the first time, a sitting Spureme Court Justice will be under investigation for rape. It will be a shameful state of affairs for The United States.

Thakkar, is that rape opinion based on the laws 36 years ago or present Maryland law ? Are you talking about 1st degree or second degree rape?

Edited by riclag

19 minutes ago, riclag said:

Thakkar, is that rape opinion based on the laws 36 years ago or present Maryland law ? Are you talking about 1st degree or second degree rape?

Yeah, um, nifty rabbit hole you got there. But, sorry, you’ll have to go down it yourself. Have fun!