North Pattaya mall and hotel set to open

snoop1130

North Pattaya mall and hotel set to open

By The Nation

3a75e5aff3cb81538718e22fa87df175.jpeg

LH Mall and Hotel Group is ready to open a North Pattaya mixed-use Bt6 billion mall and hotel project this year on a 52,800 square metre site.

Suwanna Buddhaprasart, CEO of LH Mall and Hotel Co Ltd, said there would be 396-room hotel, a 6,000 sqm water park and dedicated meeting and function rooms, Terminal21 Pattaya, a six-floor shopping centre with a cinema, supermarket, Pier 21 food hall and more than 500 shops. 

It also boasts a 39-metre freestanding escalator, reportedly the longest in any Thai shopping centre. It is expected to attract more than 50,000 visitors per day.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354796

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-9-19

It doesn't look anything like the picture.

It is a building site which obstructs one of the main routes into and out of Pattaya.

Pedestrians have to pick their way over the rubble to reach the song taew to the bus station.

Even the motor cycle taxis seem to have given up on it.

Edited by jobsworth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Hello there, I suspect this quote was made by someone who failed maths.

I suspect that most of the actual numbers will come from the tour buses that will be "encouraged" to bring their loads of Chinese tourists to the mall. Though 50,000/day seems a little high. 100 tour buses x 50 passengers each would only be 5,000 people and I doubt they'd get 500 buses in there every day (which would still only be about 25,000 people per day).

Imagine the traffic chaos if they tried !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I suspect that most of the actual numbers will come from the tour buses that will be "encouraged" to bring their loads of Chinese tourists to the mall. Though 50,000/day seems a little high. 100 tour buses x 50 passengers each would only be 5,000 people and I doubt they'd get 500 buses in there every day (which would still only be about 25,000 people per day).

Imagine the traffic chaos if they tried !

they are all coming down on the tourist train to pattaya from bangkok...by the way is this service still running??

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

There will be queues of teetotallers booking rooms in a hotel that does not serve alcohol.

Queues of teetotallers?? In Pattaya?? I know there are people who have stopped drinking, but I wonder if there is anyone like me who never even started.?

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Does Pattaya actually need another Cinema ? Most of the time i go to central one, there only about 20 people max in my showing on a good day

Why I love watching movies in Pattaya.  Almost like a huge private home theatre at times.  No heads in my way.  No one around me talking or chomping on popcorn.  

15 hours ago, jobsworth said:

It doesn't look anything like the picture.

It is a building site which obstructs one of the main routes into and out of Pattaya.

Pedestrians have to pick their way over the rubble to reach the song taew to the bus station.

Even the motor cycle taxis seem to have given up on it.

I was there yesterday. It looks exactly like the picture.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Does Pattaya actually need another Cinema ? Most of the time i go to central one, there only about 20 people max in my showing on a good day

The thing is the current cinemas all play pretty much the same movies. Very mass market, lots of emphasis on international "action" movies. But in Bangkok they show some more interesting movies on top of the dreck. So if this mall cinema has some of those, then there is the need. If not, well it's another place to see the same limited number of movies!

I dont think people here have any idea what this will do to 2nd road...2nd road is ALREADY pretty busy...2nd rd will become gridlocked after Terminal 21 opens....Sure you could take 3rd and then cut down or go the back way by Jamesons Irish Pub coming from central Pattaya but I can almost guarantee the masses choice route will be 2nd road or 2nd road or 2nd road.

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I dont think people here have any idea what this will do to 2nd road...2nd road is ALREADY pretty busy...2nd rd will become gridlocked after Terminal 21 opens....Sure you could take 3rd and then cut down or go the back way by Jamesons Irish Pub coming from central Pattaya but I can almost guarantee the masses choice route will be 2nd road or 2nd road or 2nd road.

Yeah, that's why it can't ever be "just like Bangkok" as the Bangkok one has a skytrain stop feeding right into it!

Maybe the big mess to come will finally nudge the "planners" here to get serious about a mass transit system here. One can dream. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Maybe it's truly time to have a baht bus from Terminal 21 to 3rd Road and run along 3rd Road from North Pattaya Road to South Pattaya Road.  

Edited by AlexCanada
  • Like 2