Nissan Navara NP300 vs Chevrolet Colorado Pickup

muratremix

I'm thinking to buy a new automatic gear pickup. For price considerations, I'll buy a spacecab / x-cab (2 door) one.

Chevrolet colorado top model LTZ Z71 x-cab price is 839.000 baht

Nissan Navara NP300 King Cab Calibre V 7At is 869.500 baht

Chevvy has almost everything, its full of everything. Just no dual zone automatic air and no AVM (around view camera) that Nissan Has.

Nissan has most of the stuff Chevvy has, except remote key start (turn on ac before you get into car), but has AVM system which is pretty useful for a large size pickup.

Fuel consumption is almost same according to car.go.th website

Chevvy has a bit stronger engine and 6AT torque convertor automatic gear.

Nissan has 7AT torque convertor automatic gear.

In my opinion Nissan has better exterior, and probably better resale value as it is japanese car?

What do you think?

I wish I haven't visited ford dealer today. After seeing double cab ranger 2.0L xlt limited edition (949.000 baht) and 2.0L wildtrak (1.029.000 baht) I was stunned.

Ford put a new turbo diesel engine with 10 gear AT transmission and cockpit looks amazing in both models. Wildtrak has nice electric control seating and good quality leather seats aswell.

However, they don't discount new ford models with 2.0 liter turbo engine as much as older generation 2.2 liter engine models. While Nissan, Chevrolet and even Toyota offers 50-60k discount to cover up for interest rate you'll be paying, Ford only did 15k discount, and isuzu was worse (15k discount but no free 1st class insurance and you pay many extras for rust protection etc etc)

17 hours ago, muratremix said:

I wish I haven't visited ford dealer today. After seeing double cab ranger 2.0L xlt limited edition (949.000 baht) and 2.0L wildtrak (1.029.000 baht) I was stunned.

Ford put a new turbo diesel engine with 10 gear AT transmission and cockpit looks amazing in both models. Wildtrak has nice electric control seating and good quality leather seats aswell.

However, they don't discount new ford models with 2.0 liter turbo engine as much as older generation 2.2 liter engine models. While Nissan, Chevrolet and even Toyota offers 50-60k discount to cover up for interest rate you'll be paying, Ford only did 15k discount, and isuzu was worse (15k discount but no free 1st class insurance and you pay many extras for rust protection etc etc)

The 4x4 Wildtrack, 1,265,000 also has auto high beam control, parking assist, adaptive cruise control, and while the engine is the same size it has bi-turbo with 213hp instead of 180hp on the other one.

Edited by rwill

Why do you need a pickup for ?.. are you working in construction or moving things often ?

When I need one, i ask my neighbours plenty of choices like wildtrack, Isuzu, Toyota...

And everyday I drive an hybrid and use 1000 thb of gaz for 15 days when the wildtrack owner spends huge amount on gaz with much less comfort than Real Passenger car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, so many comments today!

Anyway, I really hate pickups. I don't like extremely soft suspensions and ride on high wheels. However, roads are not that good in Samui and it floods often. Sometimes I have to drive on hills which has worse roads and very steep hills. I'm the only crazy SOB to drive up these steep hills with a mitsubishi mirage 1.2 3cyl engine.

Although there isn't much price difference between 1.3 mil SUV's and 1 mil high end 4 door 4x2 pickup trucks, 0.3 million still makes difference when you don't really need SUV.

What I like about new ford ranger limited / wildtrak 4x2 is:

10At 2.0L new engine which uses less fuel according to car.go.th tests and sticker

Amazing cockpit, nice big carplay touchscreen

Good looking exterior.

But it lacks air-con vents for back seats, which is kinda stupid?

Nissan Navara NP300 has AVM - All View Monitor which is amazing and probably very useful when you drive a big pickup. 

I read too many complaints about chevvy captiva (craptiva they say?) and a bit less regarding trailblazer. Colorado engine uses more fuel and co2 is over 200 gr (218  gr I think), but it comes with so many things inside like remote key start with AC turned on etc.

Hopefully I'll get used to driving a pickup, and won't regret buying one.

I'm still trying to get better deal for ford pickup. While other brands give pretty good discount to cover up for the interest you'll pay, ford refuses to give anything decent for new limited / wildtrak models. But they give similar discount for older 2.2L models, which makes it like you pay 0% interest after discount, same as other brands (Nissan, Toyota and Chevvy. Mitsubishi has 0% promotion so no need discounts)

I visited isuzu yesterday, but there is no discount (they give 15k but no free 1st class insurance, so...)

But interest rate was 1.25% which is pretty good.

However, even in top model (if not most expensive model) it lacks Automatic Digital AC.

Isuzu seems to have pretty good fuel savings in 1.9 DDI motor, and probably have much better resale value. But since I'll be using AC at all times here in Thailand, a decent automatic AC is pretty important for me.

For those who doesn't care about AC, Chevvy Trailblazer 2.5 LT model is selling for 999.000 baht which is crazy good deal (no 0% interest though, its cash price or finance without any further discounts at 2.19 - 2.49 rates)

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

I have an SUV 4X4 Trailblaze 2016

Can drive on any road, potholes or not, can drive through flooded roads, unpaved roads. Visibility is better, the windscreen is not in your face, don't bash my head getting in or out ( sic Transam:smile: )...and people don't think I'm a rice farmer or labourer either :tongue:

Chevvy right? how has the service been from your  dealer and any problems with the vehicle???

5 minutes ago, muratremix said:

I visited isuzu yesterday, but there is no discount (they give 15k but no free 1st class insurance, so...)

However, even in top model (if not most expensive model) it lacks Automatic Digital AC.

Isuzu seems to have pretty good fuel savings in 1.9 DDI motor, and probably have much better resale value. But since I'll be using AC at all times here in Thailand, a decent automatic AC is pretty important for me.

For those who doesn't care about AC, Chevvy Trailblazer 2.5 LT model is selling for 999.000 baht which is crazy good deal (no 0% interest though, its cash price or finance without any further discounts at 2.19 - 2.49 rates)

The Isuzu is a really due  a serious new  model its  well past its sell by date, Chevrolet Colorado was  based on the same vehicle but they gave it a big upgrade in 2016

7 minutes ago, muratremix said:

Did you actually DRIVE any of them yet?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, muratremix said:

My old Toyota truck, you set the A/C temp and that is what you get 24/7, so l don't really understand your A/C point..

8 minutes ago, transam said:

My old Toyota truck, you set the A/C temp and that is what you get 24/7, so l don't really understand your A/C point..

Toyota G grade has digital AC, but its 969.000 baht and at that price point ford offers more with limited edition for 949.000 baht

14 minutes ago, kannot said:

Did you actually DRIVE any of them yet?

Nope. I plan to do test drives in this weekend. They don't really look different inside and in terms of size, so I don't expect a huge difference in driving. They won't let hill drive test anyway.

I'll probably not like driving any of them but buying a pickup is the most logical choice here in provinces of Thailand (and yes Samui is pretty bad compared to Bangkok where I lived for 5 years)

Nope. I plan to do test drives in this weekend. They don't really look different inside and in terms of size, so I don't expect a huge difference in driving. They won't let hill drive test anyway.

I'll probably not like driving any of them but buying a pickup is the most logical choice here in provinces of Thailand (and yes Samui is pretty bad compared to Bangkok where I lived for 5 years)

If you’re out in the provinces, buy Toyota or Isuzu.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, muratremix said:

You'll notice huge difference between all this trucks.. ans After that drive a sedan or suv, to be sure that it is the right choice for you

Edited by Zendo

2 minutes ago, Zendo said:

You'll notice huge difference between all this trucks.. ans After that drive a sedan or suv, to be sure that it is the right choice for you

For sure, ask to test drive it through a flood and a very bad pot hole road which you may have to deal with...Plus put the smelly Pok Pok in the back of both...?