chinese visa for Australian pensioner

Short time VISA is a lot cheaper to buy in Thailand (1,000bht), it's nearly 4x that price in the west.

Had a pal who was married to a Chinese girl who didn't seem to have a VISA problem living there.

His wife told me she had many friends that would like a foreign husband, if I were interested.

It's a very strange place, and you'd really have to learn to speak Chinese.

Edited by BritManToo

Can you visit China? ……… Yes.

Can you live in China? ….. Depends.

To keep it very simple. To live in China you must fulfil certain criteria:

Be legally married to a Chinese citizen. 

Be legally working.

Be part of a legally approved business in China.  

I lived and worked in Southern China for 5 years.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Short time VISA is a lot cheaper to buy in Thailand (1,000bht), it's nearly 4x that price in the west.

Had a pal who was married to a Chinese girl who didn't seem to have a VISA problem living there.

His wife told me she had many friends that would like a foreign husband, if I were interested.

It's a very strange place, and you'd really have to learn to speak Chinese.

IMHO. Chinese speak more English than Thais and certainly the officialdom is much easier to deal with, it's very black and white! 

Not a strange place at all, very accommodating and respectful of foreigners (laowai). Just a different culture to observe, no more different than observing the Thai culture for the first time.

If you want to live anywhere it's about learning the local culture etc. You don't have to agree with it but be willing to accept it.

If it wasn't for the air pollution, even in so-called clean cities and the awful dreary winters I would still be there! 

1 hour ago, Madgee said:

Just a different culture to observe, no more different than observing the Thai culture for the first time.

I didn't find that.

And outside the main foreigner tourist areas no English at all (and no Roman script).

I always thought 'laowai' was a racist slur, similar to 'farang'.

Edited by BritManToo

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I think you may well be right, I suspect there will not be many Westerners in Thailand looking to relocate to China, but you never know, good luck. 

I have to correct you I do not live in Thailand anymore I moved back to Australia but I met a beautiful Chinese

girl and I just like to know if I move to China will I lose my Aussie pension and how can I get a visa to live there

She is not poor she has her own beautiful house and an decent income so what to do?

15 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I have to correct you I do not live in Thailand anymore I moved back to Australia but I met a beautiful Chinese girl and I just like to know if I move to China will I lose my Aussie pension and how can I get a visa to live there.

I realise that but there's nothing to correct, the point I was making was that you're asking on a Thai forum about Australians moving to China, from Australia.
I didn't think there would be many here with that knowledge, but it seems there are at least a couple.