Donald Trump urged Spain to 'build the wall' – across the Sahara

webfact

15 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Even if there was an impractical wall built (wiki says it's 4,800km) I'm sure it wouldn't last long.

When I went across the Sahara more than thirty years ago, the route we took was marked every kilometre or so by strobe lamps on tall metal poles. They were supposed to work at night, the batteries buried at the base of the pole were charged by a solar panel located on the top of the pole.

None of them worked though, as the 'locals' realised very quickly they could dig up the batteries and sell them.

They would probably dismantle the wall too and sell pieces of it for scrap.

I went in 1987, through Algeria and Mali, by way of the so-called 'Tanezrouft'. Almost all the lights were still working back then, but I'm sure that didn't last very long. It was a hell of a beautiful ride, though ....

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

There is no doubt that the traditional middle classes in the West have been squeezed until the pips have squeaked with no end in sight.

I wonder who was in charge and where all that money went.

Don't know about other countries, but I know who was in charge in mine and I think elsewhere it was same, and I read stories every day about where the money went.

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I wonder who was in charge and where all that money went.

Don't know about other countries, but I know who was in charge in mine and I think elsewhere it was same, and I read stories every day about where the money went.

In the USA the money went to the wealthy largely thanks to massive tax cuts for the rich and the destruction of the unions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know not all Americans are stupid. But it seems the majority of the voters are stupid and/or ignorant.

Trump did not change since he is president. He is the same moron like he was before the election. And people voted for him.

The USA have the president they deserve.

I am sorry for the smart Americans, I know they exist. Please educate the rest of your country. They really need it.

I think smart Americans are generally the ones that got out of dodge, and are now our neighbors...generally.

I say this as a Northern English person, which is no more than 220 miles from Britain (so say the remainers rulers).

Hey Trump! Agree with you to get the control of the inmigration in south of Europe.

Easy! But but...Where to lay the foundation stone for build the wall in Sahara?

In Algeria? , Egipt?, Libia? , Mauritania? Chad?, Morocco?, Niger? Mali?, Sudan?

BD291C3A-5C57-48A1-90F6-E79E01C45924-289-0000001D4824EEA1.jpeg.9ca37d300c05aa35921cf7de64f3d935.jpeg&key=6c454f069e7e2389ffda5bf2d9be983f649478c4929b4cdd2832d757156568f8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Hey Trump! Agree with you to get the control of the inmigration in south of Europe.

Easy! But but...Where to lay the foundation stone for build the wall in Sahara?

In Algeria? , Egipt?, Libia? , Mauritania? Chad?, Morocco?, Niger? Mali?, Sudan?

BD291C3A-5C57-48A1-90F6-E79E01C45924-289-0000001D4824EEA1.jpeg.9ca37d300c05aa35921cf7de64f3d935.jpeg&key=6c454f069e7e2389ffda5bf2d9be983f649478c4929b4cdd2832d757156568f8

Mexico! Or do you really think Trump has any idea about the Sahara countries?

And he doesn't really need to know. Because if he tells his supporters the UK and Thailand are in the middle of the Sahara they will believe it.

Make America Smart (sorry, there is no "again")!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Very much like Northern Ireland and the Malvinas.

Actually, not at all like either. More comparable to Gibraltar. Both the size of a small town.

Never been to Melilla, but went to Ceuta (Cebta to Moroccans) several times. A short drive from M'diq where I spent several months. It's a duty free area and Moroccans would go there to buy high value items. Watched old ladies with colour TVs wrapped in a blanket and slung over their shoulders, trudging up the hill, back to Morocco. At the border post was a customs officer sat in a chair at the side of the road. Everyone who passed, regardless of what they were carrying, would nod to him and drop 10 dirhams (50 baht) into his basket.

If you think Thailand's corrupt, it pales into insignificance compared to many African countries.

BTW. It's the Falkland Islands not Malvinas.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2018 at 7:57 AM, DoctorG said:

There is no "news" in my post, fake or otherwise, merely conversation.

Just for your enlightenment, US campaigning usually starts about 2 years out from elections.

Not historically. Presidential campaigning starts after the mid-terms....

45 started campaigning for 2020 months after he took office. Nothing "usual" about that.

• Like 1