Bang Saray villas : Good living? Where?

indieke

Hello,

I am selling my house here in Southern France. I not want to live permanently in Thailand. But spend more time there. Tired of short term, want to make  a place bit my own. Buying is not an option, prefer to buy apartments here, and with rent pay the rent for a house in Thailand. 

NoW Location !!!   

Phuket, is so crowded on the road, in rainy season, not so good, and they put so many people there now, they will fall of the island. Is remote and also beaches, nicer then in gulf, but more polutated hten u could imagine. I not need to go to the beach all the time.

Ban Phe Mae : rhumpung beach. Love it there, but not much to rent, and for 6 months, I am sure it gets boring.

Pattaya. I have a hate/love relation with this city. Much to do, not gets boring easy. But to move to Thailand, to be in such an ugly, dirty, overcrowded city, well not very romantic. I never stay in teh city, mostly in Jomtien, which is not really lovely too. 

Ban Sarai. I not know the place that well, been just driving around. But on the North of Sukumvit, lot of nature, not like Pattaya at all. Is still less then 30 minutes if I get bored, airport not that far, if want to move around Asia , a bit.  But then, what about supermarkets, take a way food, little restaurants in that area?

I was proposed a house there, really nice, so nice it was rented in 2 days before I could sign. I had a rough year. I need quiet place, no building, rent max  40.000 bht for nice, romantic villa no constructions around or coming. But I wonder now if there is enough to do still, not want to go for dinner all the way to Pattaya.

I was now offered a house in          Chok Chai 4 Bang Saray, I not know the place, it is even a bit more remote I think. Does any one know this development, another?

I am 59 almost , great shape. A lot of time, my Philippine gf would stay with me, but when she is not, be sure I like a lady for once and a while.

Does the bill fit? Would there still be enough to do, to not get totally bored? Does someone know a nice, modern villa to rent?

I have been in Hua Hin, several times, I understand your question.

Yes it is less in your face then Pattaya, but much less to do, and less for tourists, who want the things they get home and more. Even the movie theaters are giving movies in Thai.

I look in Bang  Saray, as I hope to find a more relaxed atmosphere, but a lot to do, not that far either, without being confronted with it every day.

Also check East Pattaya and a bit further beyond that even, around Lake Maprachan.  Many houses for sale/rent out there.  Around the lake, there are a few bars that come and go with the tides over time but it's got a bit to offer, which is better than nothing.     

image.png.4cfb204e1837c5d1cb88f548f7985b0f.png

East Pattaya itself has more to offer in the way of bars and food.

When you want even more variety, shopping options, etc., go down the hill, cross over Sukhumvit and you have Pattaya Nirvana at your feet. 

It is another option to be "Close" to Pattaya, but not TOO close.

2 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Also check East Pattaya and a bit further beyond that even, around Lake Maprachan.  Many houses for sale/rent out there.  Around the lake, there are a few bars that come and go with the tides over time but it's got a bit to offer, which is better than nothing.     

image.png.4cfb204e1837c5d1cb88f548f7985b0f.png

East Pattaya itself has more to offer in the way of bars and food.

When you want even more variety, shopping options, etc., go down the hill, cross over Sukhumvit and you have Pattaya Nirvana at your feet. 

It is another option to be "Close" to Pattaya, but not TOO close.

Thanks I know that area well.  Is an option, but I want  just a bit more info, about Bang Saray   I live now  in remote  village in Southern France, if there are a few nice options in Bang Saray, I still have lala land at 30 minutes, which is a luxury, I not have. 

ALso would like more info on the housing there, like that Chok Chai 4 Bang Saray

Can we stay on topic please which is about BangSaray not HuaHin or the darkside.

Bang Saray is developing fast, there is a large Home Pro store already there and boonthavorn  are building a large new store there. 

There is a couple of streets with western style restaurants in the town.

There are many Navy villages there, understand the rent is quite reasonable even for a place with a pool. Some nice houses on the other side of Sukhumvit as well and not expensive.

Access to Makro and Tesco in Pattaya about 20 mins straight up Sukhumvit, or the new Big C store in Sattahip is probably just ten minutes away.

Chok Chai 4 is, if it is the one I am thinking of and if I remember correctly is pretty old now,  there are now many more very nice villages and properties around the area. 

That's about all I know.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, Rimmer said:

Can we stay on topic please which is about BangSaray not HuaHin or the darkside.

Bang Saray is developing fast, there is a large Home Pro store already there and boonthavorn are building a large new store there. 

There are many Navy villages there, understand the rent is quite reasonable even for a place with a pool. Some nice houses on the other side of Sukhumvit as well and not expensive.

Access to Makro and Tesco in Pattaya about 20 mins straight up Sukhumvit, or the new Big C store in Sattahip is probably just ten minutes away.

Chok Chai 4 is, if it is the one I am thinking of and if I remember correctly is pretty old now,  there are now many more very nice villages and properties around the area. 

That's about all I know.

Thanks a lot of help. I am sad I missed in a newer development a house I fell for. But older, when you rent and there is a large pool, and no noise, well that matter less. I think that it would not  be bad, to have a further look. I saw that the last 2 years rent has gone up a lot for nice places. Prices in Pattaya and Jomtien, have become ridiculous. More and more think it is not a bad idea, also that there are beaches, much better, not too far either...

Can't blame you for wanting to quit France, the world's most boring country with the ugliest women. I too used to live there, mainly because  of the cheap housing and it was easy to get to see my kids in the UK. Once they were grown, I blazed a trail of dust to Pattaya. That was twelve years ago and I've never regretted it for an instant.

If I was a single guy of your age I'd go for Pattaya dark side or Ban Chang (the other side of Sattahip). Cheaper accommodation than central Pattaya and plenty of fantastic bars where the ladies still pretend that you're the best thing since bottled chips.

23 hours ago, indieke said:

Yes it is less in your face then Pattaya, but much less to do, and less for tourists, who want the things they get home and more. Even the movie theaters are giving movies in Thai.

I look in Bang  Saray, as I hope to find a more relaxed atmosphere, but a lot to do, not that far either, without being confronted with it every day.

Have you been to Na Jomtien, a few km after Jomtien.

A short and easy drive from Pattaya, but without the hassle.

Right on the beach there is a nice residence with a big pool and garden...the best of both worlds...

On 9/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, Rimmer said:

Bang Saray is developing fast, there is a large Home Pro store already there and boonthavorn are building a large new store there. 

That's about all I know.

In all due respect Sorry, the op's question didn't seem to be pinpointed on just Bang Saray " Now Location " Am I missing something here?

Personally, it is tough to answer the questions he has stated doesn't want to buy but want to buy apartments?  Then he states he wants quiet but want to be close to markets etc?  especially doesn't want to get bored.

For these types of questions and being so fickle, I would suggest rent but he doesn't want to rent because there isn't a perfect answer for someone who is basically all over the place. That being said I wouldn't sell the place in France, a year or so and he might just want to move back!  

On Soi Khao talo on thr darkside just over the railway line iaround Eakmongkol 3 are some new villas andat the village pool/restaurant bare a lot of French people. Only 10 minutes to Big C on Sunhumvit and there are some large markets a few minutes walk away

If your picky theres no way your going to be able to research available properties, communicate with people via phone, perform the nuances of setting up appointments, find confusing foreign addresses in hot humid heat and/or rainy conditions and get yourself there etc unless you speak fluent thai and know the process.

Get a real estate agent to drive you around. They don't even charge unless you choose a place.

ive tried stuff like this on my own and was lucky to make even one or two successful viewings and even that took all day

17 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

If your picky theres no way your going to be able to research available properties, communicate with people via phone, perform the nuances of setting up appointments, find confusing foreign addresses in hot humid heat and/or rainy conditions and get yourself there etc unless you speak fluent thai and know the process.

Get a real estate agent to drive you around. They don't even charge unless you choose a place.

ive tried stuff like this on my own and was lucky to make even one or two successful viewings and even that took all day

I walked, rode around Bangkok area for three weeks, finally gave up as everything I looked at was too expensive, and the ones I thought I could afford weren't worth the prices  - settled on Jom Tien, no regrets, but am looking at Ban Saray as well..............

On 9/24/2018 at 11:10 AM, Brunolem said:

Have you been to Na Jomtien, a few km after Jomtien.

A short and easy drive from Pattaya, but without the hassle.

Right on the beach there is a nice residence with a big pool and garden...the best of both worlds...

Any link or name available if you have? 

3 hours ago, LaoPo said:

Any link or name available if you have? 

Here is a link...the beach is called Ban Amphur Beach.

The condo I am talking about is not the one you can see on the first photo, but would be located on the left side of the photo...right on the beach and low rise, very nice...

https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/ban-amphur-beach/

I think Ban Saray is ok.  There are more and more westerners there.  So you are starting to see a few more western oriented restaurants.  The beach is nothing special but good enough if you really want that close by.  It will be kind of boring.  The biggest issue is traffic to/from Pattaya.  Don't expect to be able to easily drive into Pattaya in the evening for dinner or whatever.  I know a lot of people who live out of town that avoid going into Pattaya in the afternoon/evening.  Especially on weekends.

If you don't need to be on the beach and don't need a beach view I think the darkside is better.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:30 AM, indieke said:

Bang Saray really boring. Try Pratumnak area. Leafy suburbs, beaches and Pattaya city only 10 minutes away . Green Parks, Jungle and Beautiful temple

10 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Here is a link...the beach is called Ban Amphur Beach.

The condo I am talking about is not the one you can see on the first photo, but would be located on the left side of the photo...right on the beach and low rise, very nice...

https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/ban-amphur-beach/

Thanks a lot!

On 9/24/2018 at 6:01 AM, scubascuba3 said:

If i was the op I'd stay in Pattaya for a month whilst checking out all the bang saray options

Yes that is my idea.  But good opportunities,

have to decided fast.  Na Jomtien, I know well, but is still too close to Pattaya, and less experience of the quietness, I expect in Bang Saray.

17 hours ago, indieke said:

Yes that is my idea.  But good opportunities,

have to decided fast.  Na Jomtien, I know well, but is still too close to Pattaya, and less experience of the quietness, I expect in Bang Saray.

Well after watching more unbridled growth in Bang Saray over the last ten years, don't count on the quietness of Bang Saray to remain 

On 9/24/2018 at 4:26 AM, ronrat said:

On Soi Khao talo on thr darkside just over the railway line iaround Eakmongkol 3 are some new villas andat the village pool/restaurant bare a lot of French people. Only 10 minutes to Big C on Sunhumvit and there are some large markets a few minutes walk away

I think that area is kind of low lying and therefore floods quite easily when it rains.  Something to consider when looking for places to live around Thailand.

On September 26, 2018 at 3:25 AM, The manic said:

Bang Saray really boring. Try Pratumnak area. Leafy suburbs, beaches and Pattaya city only 10 minutes away . Green Parks, Jungle and Beautiful temple

I lived in a condo in pratumnak for a month. Nice condo, quiet, near beach, but just nothing to do around there but wander around and twiddle my thumbs.

looked to move on after a month there. Lots of Russians around who keep to themselves.

good distance midway between jomtien and walking st, but it's a trip not at your door.

11 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

I lived in a condo in pratumnak for a month. Nice condo, quiet, near beach, but just nothing to do around there but wander around and twiddle my thumbs.

looked to move on after a month there. Lots of Russians around who keep to themselves.

good distance midway between jomtien and walking st, but it's a trip not at your door.

There are bars and restaurants pn Soi 4 and 5. A few bars on Cozy Beach.  Harlan Goldstiens on CB soi 2. There is the fitness area around the Pratumnak hill. From CB you can walk to WS or to Thapraya to get baht bus to Jomtien.  By and large its a quiet area with easy access to night life areas and shopping areas. There are also 2 G clubs in the area.

Archived