Bang Saray villas : Good living? Where?

indieke

4 hours ago, The manic said:

There are bars and restaurants pn Soi 4 and 5. A few bars on Cozy Beach.  Harlan Goldstiens on CB soi 2. There is the fitness area around the Pratumnak hill. From CB you can walk to WS or to Thapraya to get baht bus to Jomtien.  By and large its a quiet area with easy access to night life areas and shopping areas. There are also 2 G clubs in the area.

I think your right. I was there in low season and the whole area felt deserted. Maybe it's different in high season when there's more people around. Pretty much had the pool and beach to myself most days.

Stayed in a new condo right on the Russian market named "the winner condo" which always had rentals on the board downstairs if anyone's interested. I think the price range was around 15k and up. Nice rooftop infinity pool, nice unit.

i chose the the area because I wanted to be near nightlife, but did not want to deal with  people partying where I was living and sleeping. I guess it fit the bill, nothing's perfect.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, indieke said:

Thanks a lot of help. I am sad I missed in a newer development a house I fell for. But older, when you rent and there is a large pool, and no noise, well that matter less. I think that it would not  be bad, to have a further look. I saw that the last 2 years rent has gone up a lot for nice places. Prices in Pattaya and Jomtien, have become ridiculous. More and more think it is not a bad idea, also that there are beaches, much better, not too far either...

Renting and buying is cheap in Pattaya and Jomtien

On 9/23/2018 at 12:53 PM, Rimmer said:

Can we stay on topic please which is about BangSaray not HuaHin or the darkside.

Bang Saray is developing fast, there is a large Home Pro store already there and boonthavorn  are building a large new store there. 

There is a couple of streets with western style restaurants in the town.

There are many Navy villages there, understand the rent is quite reasonable even for a place with a pool. Some nice houses on the other side of Sukhumvit as well and not expensive.

Access to Makro and Tesco in Pattaya about 20 mins straight up Sukhumvit, or the new Big C store in Sattahip is probably just ten minutes away.

Chok Chai 4 is, if it is the one I am thinking of and if I remember correctly is pretty old now,  there are now many more very nice villages and properties around the area. 

That's about all I know.

It's a very nice place...however it is very very quiet on weekdays which makes it a problem for Bar and restaurant owners, usually they last 1 year then sell on to a new person.

The beach is packed on the weekends with Thais from Bangkok, and they are keen on the Thai groups as they drink and spend on food, so 1 or 2 foreigners tend to be ignored for service etc. The beach charge nowadays for seating etc.

There is a nice open air  bar / restaurant  on the beach road at the far end, yet again full of Thais on the weekend.

Fortunately at the moment there are few Chinese, a big positive!

Song Kran is nearly as bad as Pattaya, but only the last 2 days in general.

The local fruit / meat / fish market is great and good value, as is the fresh seafood straight from the boats on the pier.

Fishing trips are regularly arranged from Bang Saray.

There are pick up style buses to Pattaya etc, if I remember about 40 baht, but finish very early evening. Then it's normally a Taxi!

You have a reasonable Navy run hospital not far at all from Bang Saray, at a low cost basis.

Finally there is the Airport down the road. (Utapao) with some European flights available and lots of more local places, (unfortunately it's where many Chinese arrive from).

So Bang Saray is worth considering, providing you like a slower life style.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, indieke said:

Yes that is my idea.  But good opportunities,

have to decided fast.  Na Jomtien, I know well, but is still too close to Pattaya, and less experience of the quietness, I expect in Bang Saray.

Good idea, but some of the Bars at Bang Saray have nice rooms to rent, then you will meet some locals who know where any good places are available.

There are often really nice places to rent, but generally word of mouth, many do not like to rent through Estate Agents etc, for many reasons.

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 7:06 PM, indieke said:

Thanks a lot of help. I am sad I missed in a newer development a house I fell for. But older, when you rent and there is a large pool, and no noise, well that matter less. I think that it would not  be bad, to have a further look. I saw that the last 2 years rent has gone up a lot for nice places. Prices in Pattaya and Jomtien, have become ridiculous. More and more think it is not a bad idea, also that there are beaches, much better, not too far either...

I sent you info in PM check it out

• 7 months later...

Although this is older, just saying I rented finally now in Huay Yai.  Quiet, nice, house, not too far from beaches, better then Jomtien and Pattaya. I stay until our summer. if I get used to it, still can see to stay there more years.

Thanks for your help. It took some while but settled now.

Archived