Help! Ripped Off

peibol77

... hate to say, but it was a cheap lesson... could have been more...  Do whatever you feel gives you the satisfaction of resolvement of this unfortunate learning... 

When you get a bike.. YOU need to pay more attention to the details....

Cheers Mate..all the best

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Forget it.

I've a Ninja 300 for sale at 55,000thb that I can transfer to your name once you wire me the money. 

Enjoy your field day with someone else's plight. It is quite telling of your character as a being.

• Like 1

Update: The guy stopped answering my messages after I demanded to have a face-to-face meeting and asked for the exact location of their premises. Immediately after website and Facebook page were taken down.  I contacted them via Line, which they still didn't take down. Now "someone" is saying  "Touy doesn't work here anymore. I'm sending you the money today". My reply: "And who are you?" No answer.

Going straight to the police right now.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rhys said:

... hate to say, but it was a cheap lesson... could have been more...  Do whatever you feel gives you the satisfaction of resolvement of this unfortunate learning... 

When you get a bike.. YOU need to pay more attention to the details....

Cheers Mate..all the best

Yup, it's not that expensive a lesson, I have to admit. I guess I'll have to admit I was just too naive here. But I won't go into retaliation, that's just bad karma. 

I still wish whoever is behind this got taught a lesson and stopped harming others. This event going unpunished he will almost certainly pull something like this on others eventually. And that annoys me even more than losing 65k THB, which after all is just a couple weeks of work back home.

I have loads of experience in Thailand and yet similar sort of thing happened to me because same as op ,if I say something I do it ,anyway long story short bought a scooter from Thai visa actually .....never viewed it trusted the ferang sellers word that scooter was all good and he posted it to me ...turned out the scooter was crash repaired...to be fair to the seller he did offer to take bike back if I pay postage,but due to me already buying some parts for it couldn’t be bothered with hassle of posting it back......but lesson learned don’t buy anything with out looking at it first..try and take a Thai with you op to talk this through...use the police as very very last resort

• Like 1

I would not send money to a dealer in America to buy a motorcycle, and defiantly would not in Thailand. I would not give my wife money to buy me one. It is mine I will buy it myself. I have to ask though you sure you are not a troll, your post has troll written all over it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

1) Don't send money for them to do something when you're not here.

2) Don't expect them to todo anything unless you're observing.

After reading his long post....do you really think this is "helpful" information of the type he asked for ...ie, what are the next best steps he should take?

Committing mistakes is part of life, worgeordie. So I certainly plan on learning from this one.

It's not as much the money that worries me, I have enough. It's the principle. I want these dudes to give me the money back AND learn a lesson. Not sure how to do that yet, but I'll keep searching for options.

You have a nice day.
Sadly principles and morals are not so abundent in Thailand. False advertising by the media.......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, peibol77 said:

Update: The guy stopped answering my messages after I demanded to have a face-to-face meeting and asked for the exact location of their premises. Immediately after website and Facebook page were taken down.  I contacted them via Line, which they still didn't take down. Now "someone" is saying  "Touy doesn't work here anymore. I'm sending you the money today". My reply: "And who are you?" No answer.

Going straight to the police right now.

assumedly you already made screenshots of the web pages they removed?

using a credit card is always better since they protect you you to some degree

If it were me I'd send a clear message along the lines of, "I sent you money to buy a bike on my behalf.  You have not bought the bike as you said you would.  Please refund my money by 5:00 PM today.  If the money is not returned at that time I will lodge a complaint with the police."

And I would do exactly that.  If the money is not refunded in full, go to the police and lodge a complaint which the police are duty bound to investigate.

The Thai police don't always have the best reputation but in a clear case like this I would expect they will act.  It would be very helpful if you have a respectable Thai accompany you to the police station.  You don't have to do that, but it would be helpful.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 2

Not sure the cops will help you. I'm certain they will regard it as a civil matter, and they aren't interested in those - happened to a friend of mine. Judging from your latest posts, it seems the bird has flown and there's little chance of recovering the money. Sorry about that, and sorry about TV's unwashed tribe of sanctimonious morons who like to play superior-than-thou and have given you a hard time over it all. Mate, we've all made mistakes.

PS: If some kind of contact is resumed, then perhaps #Dilligad's suggestion might be the best course of action. Otherwise, chalk it up to experience and move on. Cheers.

• Like 2

Personally I would go and see them, preferably with a Thai Friend and face up to them with copies of all your evidence and demand your money here and now.  If that fails, ring the Police (or get your Thai Friend to do it) whilst you are in their office.  Hopefully that should solve the problem, then leave and make sure they do not have your home address, some of these people can be quite nasty!  If it comes down to getting a lawyer, personally I would forget about it as the cost is more than the value of the bike.  Good luck and yes keep telling the troll posters to keep their stupid, unhelpful comments to themselves.  The fact that some have lived in Thailand for a long time is not necessarily an indication of commonsense, as you sadly have already found out.

Edited by robertson468

Wipe your mouth and move on .your money or bike are long gone so is the money . involve police and lawyers it will cost you more than you're owed .don't ever give money up front t regardless here or abroad ,people cannot be trusted ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, lazeeboy said:

Wipe your mouth and move on .your money or bike are long gone so is the money . involve police and lawyers it will cost you more than you're owed .don't ever give money up front t regardless here or abroad ,people cannot be trusted ????

I tend to agree with that !

But you never know, if you decide to push it further let us know, even if it goes bad, it can still help a few guys with similar experiences.

• Like 1

Personally I would go and see them, preferably with a Thai Friend and face up to them with copies of all your evidence and demand your money here and now.  If that fails, ring the Police (or get your Thai Friend to do it) whilst you are in their office.  Hopefully that should solve the problem, then leave and make sure they do not have your home address, some of these people can be quite nasty!  If it comes down to getting a lawyer, personally I would forget about it as the cost is more than the value of the bike.  Good luck and yes keep telling the troll posters to keep their stupid, unhelpful comments to themselves.  The fact that some have lived in Thailand for a long time is not necessarily an indication of commonsense, as you sadly have already found out.

If the people are that corrupt, their address will be false too.
As already said, forget it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Personally I would go and see them, preferably with a Thai Friend and face up to them with copies of all your evidence and demand your money here and now.  If that fails, ring the Police (or get your Thai Friend to do it) whilst you are in their office.  Hopefully that should solve the problem,then leave and make sure they do not have your home address, some of these people can ber quite nasty!  If it comes down to getting a lawyer, personally I would forget about it as the cost is more than the worth of the bike.  Good luck and yes keep telling the troll posters to keep their stupid, unhelpful comments to themselves.  The fact that some have lived in Thailand for a long time is not necessarily an indication of commonsense, as you sadly have already found out.

On a lighter note, i'm holding my breath while waiting for the updates on this truly amazing story :whistling:

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

If I were you I would gather up everything I have regarding E mails, contacts, websites and go an visit the cops - you might find you actually get some help, and if you don't you can always post a new topic on here about the lack of interest shown by the cops. First though, I would give the BIB a chance and see what comes of it. You obviously have proof of wiring money etc. so you have nothing to lose.

Exactly. Good advice.Dont wait.  Reminds me of the apprentice who was told to go down to the hardware store and 'ask for a long wait '

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, peibol77 said:

By the way, I have been in Thailand more than 20 times. And spend a lot of time here. I was just 2 months back in Spain and thought why not get me a treat for when I come back.

But don't let my stupid comments spoil your self-righteousness and superior knowledge of life. Enjoy it in all its glory.

your point is very well made--there are many people on TV  who seem 'to know it all'---usually people who have done f...all....  and many others that seem to know all about things , that they clearly-havent done....amazing....

• Like 2

20 hours ago, peibol77 said:

By the way, I have been in Thailand more than 20 times. And spend a lot of time here. I was just 2 months back in Spain and thought why not get me a treat for when I come back.

But don't let my stupid comments spoil your self-righteousness and superior knowledge of life. Enjoy it in all its glory.

Well I see there are a few more pages of comments to read . . . . . . some will be helpful and some not . . . . . . . . Misery deserves company so I can relate another scam where a gent of British persuasion churns out reconstructed bikes with totally false narratives, met with another guy who also bought via this chap in UbonR - we both lost heavily, tried the legal avenue, but in Thailand even with a very helpful competent lawyer it was going to drag on . . . . .  managed to have his advertising suspended from B & Sold. Through TV it was established that he had been at it for some time, likely still - You will probably have to accept the hit as a salutary lesson and get on with enjoyment.