Barking dog

Badrabbit

7 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

As I said I would never result in doing anything to hurt an animal etc if it means shutting my doors to eliminate the noise(95%) then that is what I will do, they are trying to sell there house so my fingers are constantly crossed, feel sorry for the new neighbours!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They gonna leave the dog behind though. 

34 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever tried one?  There is an app for a smart phone I tried it and nothing.

Typical mobile phone speakers don't extend for the required freq range

Those apps a more just a gimmick for laughs.

(I've tried many a one...)

This, below, works really well!

All you need is to be a good solderer!

Google:

[woofer stopper mk2}

Edited by tifino

17 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I was going to suggest the same.  Get something that only dogs can hear.  Not sure if it will make them bark more, but at least you can give back to them what they are giving to you.  

These don't work with many dogs.  I bought 2 different kinds and installed them correctly.. and waited weeks for them to 'train' the dog as it said it could take a long time in the instructions.

Well, at first there was an improvement, but after a few days the dogs just ignored it.  Useless.

The machines might work for the average cared for dog who is just barking trying to get attention, but for very frustrated dogs, chain up for years, never walked and that have developed barking and howling as a habit and behavioural problem I think these machines are no good.

17 hours ago, nickmondo said:

some of us do some research before buying or renting, where most of this would be discovered before moving in mate

Really?  Some of us have been here for 15 years and things change around our properties over time.... 'mate'.  

Also, some of us don't care about the noise as its just normal part of life here.  If I did not like it we would just move house.  

• Haha 1

Really?  Some of us have been here for 15 years and things change around our properties over time.... 'mate'.  

Also, some of us don't care about the noise as its just normal part of life here.  If I did not like it we would just move house.  

Yea I do agree noise is part of living here, with my front door shut the barking us okay, many suggestions about hurting the dogs or driving them away and leaving them, sorry I would never do such cruel things, I've lived here a long time, as you get older the little things can bring you down, it's now manageable!

• Thanks 1

Part of the reason I would never buy property here- you never know what is going to happen next door and have little recourse if its bad. One doesn't want to be upping sticks all the time but renting gives a bigger range of alternatives if things get really bad.

A new bar started up the other day near me- thump, thump, thump of music. Pointless saying something as a farang- needed a Thai to explain to the dumb young girls who were bored in an empty bar how inconsiderate it is to others.

People here have little concept of other people's right to a peaceful and safe life. A friend hit a dog that ran out of a house the other week and he was badly injured when he came off the bike- just got blank looks from the owner.

You'll never win with the people who have the dog but its a shame how many dogs 'accidentally' get run over in the Sois. ???? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Part of the reason I would never buy property here- you never know what is going to happen next door and have little recourse if its bad. One doesn't want to be upping sticks all the time but renting gives a bigger range of alternatives if things get really bad.

A new bar started up the other day near me- thump, thump, thump of music. Pointless saying something as a farang- needed a Thai to explain to the dumb young girls who were bored in an empty bar how inconsiderate it is to others.

People here have little concept of other people's right to a peaceful and safe life. A friend hit a dog that ran out of a house the other week and he was badly injured when he came off the bike- just got blank looks from the owner.

You'll never win with the people who have the dog but its a shame how many dogs 'accidentally' get run over in the Sois. ???? 

I hit a deer in MIchigan and killed the animal and wrecked my car. In the United States an estimated 1.23 million deer related accidents occurred in a one-year period ending June 2012 (a 7.7 percent increase from the previous year), resulting in $3,305 in average property damage.  I just got blank looks from the game warden when I asked him to fix my car. 

19 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

4 Bangkaew dogs around me.  Three burglar bites last couple of months. The latest robber, the dogs got his bloody shoe.  The dogs communicate as the burglars walk down the street.  They start barking 50 meters up the street from me and each dog takes about a 10 meter bark area of the soi.  Had a peeping tom one morning and my dog got his boxer shorts.  The cops caught him as it was easy to identify a running down the street with no pants.  Not bad though as we have only had 8 incidents in 5 years.  People have to be drunk or crazy as there are a couple of army/police types who live close to me.

Bangkaew dogs are extremely territorial and will protect their house, they need zero training for that which is exactly the reason Thais like these dogs so much for protection. You buy one, feed it, and you are done. Never walk them, never train them... all well.

Training a dog not to eat food that not comes from their master, or even bite people who feed them (who is not their master) is something only trained guard dogs are taught as this will take a lot of work and time. If you feed a Bangkaew and it bites you, its because you came too close and not because you gave it food.

Edited by Bob12345

we have about 12 around us yapping, they leave the dogs out all day while out at work, never occurs to them they might be making people's lives a misery who are in most of the day. Pointless complaining as you will get responses such as 'all dogs bark' and 'my dog is no worse than the other ones' etc, then they will not talk to you again for months, if ever.

Closing doors and windows, even if you have double glazing is only partly effective, wax ear plugs from boots (not silicone) are one of the best things to try other than that there are the sonic dogs signals, seem partly effective depending on the type of dog. Strangely while direct talk is useless the anonymous letter can work in some cases, you can either appeal to their better nature or try it the other way. I have had this work when I was going to move out when the lesbians across the road brought home another rescue dog left out all day, I did not appeal to their better nature and the dog disappeared. ????

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

The dogs are quiet this morning not heard one bark, walked over to the house, they are there laying down, I wonder if someone more peed off than me has given them something!

Tend to be quiet when it get s hot, wait till the postman turns up! Round us several 'dog lovers' keep them in cages barely large enough for the dogs to stand up in!

Tend to be quiet when it get s hot, wait till the postman turns up! Round us several 'dog lovers' keep them in cages barely large enough for the dogs to stand up in!
It's hot everyday, this is the first day I have not heard them at all but maybe its there day off!!

throw a few bones over the fence close to the time when you know the neighbours will be arriving home. they will think someone is trying to poison the dogs. It could cause them to do something. it worked for us. the dogs are quiet when eating the bones as well. double effect

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 4:36 AM, Badrabbit said:

What's the point that would just cause a bigger problem, these people can not be reasoned with, inconsiderate and couldn't give a stuff about anyone, welcome to Thailand!!

Dog owners are the same the world over. Its not just a Thai problem. In Britain they even let the filthy things in pubs!

• Like 1