Sony Psp In Thailand.

Idanhakia

Hello im flying to bangkok in the 16.2 and im going to stay in thailand for month and a helf.

at the first day that im landing im going to buy a PSP to use at the trip.

just wonderd where i can buy it at the cheapest and is it come allready hacked for playing ISOs? thinked to come with ISOs ready to play.

also i have a bricked PSP over here and maybe there is a place that can fix it so i will dont need to buy a new one?

thanks in advance.

Hello im flying to bangkok in the 16.2 and im going to stay in thailand for month and a helf.

just wonderd where i can buy it at the cheapest and is it come allready hacked for playing ISOs? thinked to come with ISOs ready to play.

also i have a bricked PSP over here and maybe there is a place that can fix it so i will dont need to buy a new one?

thanks in advance.

Try Saphan Lek in BKK, they may also be able to fix your busted PSP. Make sure the latest version of Device Hook is pre-installed.

thanks in advance.

Try Saphan Lek in BKK, they may also be able to fix your busted PSP. Make sure the latest version of Device Hook is pre-installed.

i just got my psp last night. happy with the Ridge Racer that came with it. of course want more. problem is that its firmware is 2.81. any help with downgrading??? tried some hack websited but none of them have a firmware downgrade for 2.81.

also do they sell UMD game discs in thailand??? as in legit copies. online stores? anyone?

thanks in advance.

i just got my psp last night. happy with the Ridge Racer that came with it. of course want more. problem is that its firmware is 2.81. any help with downgrading??? tried some hack websited but none of them have a firmware downgrade for 2.81.

also do they sell UMD game discs in thailand??? as in legit copies. online stores? anyone?

Do a google about downgrades! They are VERY risky! And as I understand it nothing above 2.7 can be downgraded.

The latest versions of Device Hook work with Firmware 3.something

Yes, they sell UMD disks at Saphan Lek.

Note: I've never used a PSP, all the info I post comes from my son.

thanks in advance.

Do a google about downgrades! They are VERY risky! And as I understand it nothing above 2.7 can be downgraded.

hi thanks opalhart, it seems that you need to upgrade it to 3.03 and then downgrade it to 1.50. and doing that you need a GTA. Vice unpatched UMD. I live in chiang mai and its really hard to find UMD's here. anyways will get the professionals to do it for me :o. as you said, its really risky.

thanks in advance.

hi thanks opalhart, it seems that you need to upgrade it to 3.03 and then downgrade it to 1.50. and doing that you need a GTA. Vice unpatched UMD. I live in chiang mai and its really hard to find UMD's here. anyways will get the professionals to do it for me :o . as you said, its really risky.

this is how i bricked my PSP so watch out doing Downgrads.

look for the model of your motherboard on your PSP. there is one that cant downgrade. (mine was)

The cheapest place for PSP I've seen in BKK is at Klong Thom Market in the China Town! You will also find the Games and any other CD/DVD Games, Movies pp. there! Price for DVD's starting at Baht 39.00

Klong Thom Market is the same place as Saphan Lek.

Klong Thom Market is the entire area whereas Saphan Lek is part of it where most electronic stuff is being sold.

Reimar is correct about this being the cheapest place for 'modified' electronic stuff.

My son tells me NOT to downgrade if you have a frimware version above 2.71 - it will almost certainly bust your PSP.

Using something like Device Hook, which is an emulator, appears to be the way to go if you have a newer firmware version.

Please use Google to find info about this because I guess the TV mods will close this topic soon due to the nature of discussion.

Klong Thom Market is the entire area whereas Saphan Lek is part of it where most electronic stuff is being sold.

Reimar is correct about this being the cheapest place for 'modified' electronic stuff.

My son tells me NOT to downgrade if you have a frimware version above 2.71 - it will almost certainly bust your PSP.

Using something like Device Hook, which is an emulator, appears to be the way to go if you have a newer firmware version.

Please use Google to find info about this because I guess the TV mods will close this topic soon due to the nature of discussion.

Hi,

Klong Thom Market is an Market- and Parkinghouse on Worachat Road. In the area around that "building" you can find not only the CD-Staff but Tools, Automobile Acessoires and much other things for very good prices! Original Automobile Spare Parts are mainly sold min. 20% off while 3. party parts available and very cheap.

Klong Thom Market is under this name much better known by Thais!

Edited by Reimar

Hi,

Klong Thom Market is an Market- and Parkinghouse on Worachat Road. In the area around that "building" you can find not only the CD-Staff but Tools, Automobile Acessoires and much other things for very good prices! Original Automobile Spare Parts are mainly sold min. 20% off while 3. party parts available and very cheap.

Klong Thom Market is under this name much better known by Thais!

Hi Reimar thanks for the info. unfortunately i live in chiang mai and no next to nothing about bangkok. wish there was someone who could help me buy some games there. do they also carry UMD for sony PSP??? i would not mind buying originals cause they are nice to archive and keep.

Opalhart so basically you do not need to modify firmware in order to launch homebrew applications???? i searched for device hook last night and the only thing people talk about is to downgrade firmware. nothing about using device hook instead.

moderators would not shut this thread down cause there is nothing illegal about it. running homebrew applications are legal as far as thailand is concerned. there is no discussion of piracy here. even sony was not successful in shutting down sites like psphacks.

I think the easiest approach would be to head to MBK. There are at least a dozen shops selling PSP's. Most are very knowledgeable about the various choices and options and will help you. They can also attempt repairs. There have abeen a few threads here on TV, with specific shop recommendations. When i was considering getting one as a present I found a really good shop in MBK but lost their card, and now can't even remember which floor they were on (I want to 4th floor, west side, south near where the stalls start again, maybe a Bangkok Bank exchange booth there too?). I did notice a price of 7,500 THB for a PSP at a shop in MBK last weekm but honestly do not know what rev. it was, or what was included in the package.

Opalhart so basically you do not need to modify firmware in order to launch homebrew applications???? i searched for device hook last night and the only thing people talk about is to downgrade firmware. nothing about using device hook instead.

Please accept my apologies.

Apparently I have provided some misinformation about Device Hook because I misunderstood what my son tried to explain to me.

Device Hook is a program which emulates later versions of PSP firmware (so you can use Internet, video etc.) but it has to be run on firmware version 1.50

As my search on Google revealed, a downgrade from any version above 2.71 is all but impossible (some forums report a 70% failure rate - bust PSPs!!)

As to location where to buy, of course MBK and the like do sell them, but my extended family (6 kids, all equipped with PSPs - they should know since they visit this place about once a month) insists that Klong Thom Market /Saphan Lek is by far the cheapest place in BKK for this type of equipment including UMDs.

opalhort

As to location where to buy, of course MBK and the like do sell them, but my extended family (6 kids, all equipped with PSPs - they should know since they visit this place about once a month) insists that Klong Thom Market /Saphan Lek is by far the cheapest place in BKK for this type of equipment including UMDs.

opalhort

Can you, one of the six kids, Reimer answer the following questions re: purchasing at Khlong Thom market:

- any recommended stalls or shops?

- current system pricing? (model no? PSP1001? firmware rev?)

- UMD pricing?

- are units guaranteed factory-sealed new? does the shop service warranty issues?

Maybe just a price on the six units purchased?

Thanks. I'm getting ready to purchase one, finally just not sure if I should buy it here or in the U.S.

opalhort

Can you, one of the six kids, Reimer answer the following questions re: purchasing at Khlong Thom market:

- any recommended stalls or shops?

- current system pricing? (model no? PSP1001? firmware rev?)

- UMD pricing?

- are units guaranteed factory-sealed new? does the shop service warranty issues?

Maybe just a price on the six units purchased?

Thanks. I'm getting ready to purchase one, finally just not sure if I should buy it here or in the U.S.

I bought mine from a sony authorized dealer here in chiang mai. partly cause i know its a good machine and hence taken care by sony service center should i have any problems with it. the set came with a Ridge Racer game UMD, 1 Gig Sony Memory Card, a FiFa DVD game for PC, a Leather casing all for 11,990.

I also found this website of a very popular shop among thais for PSP's. HamotoGame. A guy there speaks good english and gives the best prices for PSP's. Firmware downgraded and the works. GIve them a call or visit them. Just found out about them yesterday but too bad i have already bought my machine, i guess i'll go to them for the games.

I'm selling my psp with 6 original games (latest Tekken, Godfather, GTA Vice City and others) and a 1gb mem card. 11000 baht or nearest offer.

I think the firmware is 2.8 but i'm sure i read on a forum somewhere that you can downgrade it...i'll check it out.

i just called Ji from Hamotogame. Speaks perfect english and able to help anyone with downgrades or upgrades.

V2.81 can be downgraded to v1.5 according to him. Then upgraded to 3.03AA for Baht500. Anyone wants his number, just send me a PM.

The Sony PSP Standard Pack is 7,500 THB at most of the shops at MBK. Many are on the 5th floor. They will pretty much give you whichever firmware release you want. Most everyone speaks English and are great about advising you. They also have some creative packages.

Thanks for the link to Hamato Game; I may buy from them even though they are a little higher priced. Their creative package is pretty robust!

thanks in advance.

i recommend art and games located on the 6th floor of the MBK. they offer excellent products and services at competitive rates.

for online support for PSPs i recommend www.psp-hacks.com , they got live chat and forums for all ur questions.