Heads up Display

HAKAPALITA

14 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

After showing friends and generally messing about with it for a week i turned it off. Anyone got good things to say about it.?.

It is rather difficult to comment on it, can you please clarify which category of it you have been messing about with.

Edited by PatOngo

18 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

It is rather difficult to comment on it, can you please clarify which category of it you have been messing about with.

Speed Only. Id like to hear from someone who doent find it distracting, not those who dont use or have it. I think its a Young Person thing.You can turn it light or dark but sped going up n down still catches my eye.

Series 4BMW ..suppose there are posters here without a Bicycle.[emoji1509]‍[emoji3603]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
That information might have been useful in the first post.
People aren't mind readers.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

I have a Mazda 3 with HUD. I like it as I don't have to look down to see my speed and it also displays NAV info. Very handy.

Must be Me. Son turns it on, i turns its off.The Nav i use audio anyway, only gismos i like is blind spot n sports mode realy. Then Mrs turns of Sport mode. it Make it Bumpy. Ah well.!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

I have a Mazda 3 with HUD. I like it as I don't have to look down to see my speed and it also displays NAV info. Very handy.

But you still have to focus your eyes on something 18 inches away instead of on the road ahead. Do you actually move your head to look at the speedo?

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

I've not got one of these but there is a hud on my Toyota Prius in the UK. I don't usually have any difficulty seeing it day or night but it can dissappear if there's something bright in the same line of view.  As an example sometimes the sun reflecting off a vehicle in front or strong tail lights at night. A lot will depend on the position of the image on the windscreen.  On mine it's fairly low as it's designed as part of the car within the dashboard. 

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

But you still have to focus your eyes on something 18 inches away instead of on the road ahead. Do you actually move your head to look at the speedo?

Well if you are driving a Mazda 3 and the HUD is 18 inches from your eyes than you must be 3 feet tall and are resting your head on the steering wheel. The HUD is 34 inches from my eyes, just went outside and measured, and is in my line of sight where the road and end of the hood meet. Just right for me. And yes you have to move your eyes to see the speedometer as the main display is the tach and the speed is displayed in the bottom of the tach.

Edited by Rdrokit
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Well if you are driving a Mazda 3 and the HUD is 18 inches from your eyes than you must be 3 feet tall and are resting your head on the steering wheel. The HUD is 34 inches from my eyes, just went outside and measured, and is in my line of sight where the road and end of the hood meet. Just right for me. And yes you have to move your eyes to see the speedometer as the main display is the tach and the speed is displayed in the bottom of the tach.

I have no need for the Spedo. Nice Thai people send me a picture showing that most months.

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

I used to have a first gen Citroen Picasso which had the speedo in the centre of the dash. The theory was that you didn't need to move your head so much which I didn't believe.  I checked and to my surprise they were right. 

20 hours ago, kimamey said:

I used to have a first gen Citroen Picasso which had the speedo in the centre of the dash. The theory was that you didn't need to move your head so much which I didn't believe.  I checked and to my surprise they were right. 

I had a 1959 Austin mini, it was the same, but l never looked at it...????

• Haha 1