90 day reporting with new passport

When you get a new passport at your embassy in Bangkok, is there any way to do 90 day reporting online without first leaving the country? I went to my immigration office in Bangkok and the told me that they connected my new passport with my departure card so I should be able to do it online. But it's not working. I have done it online a couple of years before I got my new passport

1 minute ago, kotsak said:

From past experience the 90 days online reporting won't work if you get a new passport while in the country because of the passport number mismatch.

That's why I went to Chaeng Wattana and they told me that they connected my new passport number with my old departure card number

1 hour ago, khunerik said:

That's why I went to Chaeng Wattana and they told me that they connected my new passport number with my old departure card number

Immigration cannot do anything with the database that the online reporting site accesses. The database only has info for your last entry to the country.

3 minutes ago, khunerik said:

So the only way to fix it is a trip to Laos then ???? 

Or any other nearby country. Just do a border hop using a re-entry permit to get a new entry.

I was advised to do a border hop by immigration back in 2015 if I wanted to do 90 day reports online due to having an entry prior to 2013 and a new passport since then. I have not bothered doing it though.

6 minutes ago, khunerik said:

So the only way to fix it is a trip to Laos then ???? 

I am in the same position after a passport change inside thailand, cannot do online until a re-entry (new TM6). The weird thing is you can still report online using your old passport number etc, but I imagine that would open a can of worms.

29 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The weird thing is you can still report online using your old passport number etc, but I imagine that would open a can of worms.

The local immigration office would not approve the online application if you used your old passport number to do it if you had your stamps transferred there.